Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    cant wait to hear about the new filter!
    where did you get it from, can you post up a link?

    yeah she is looking nice and i am excited to see her flower
    i will post up some pics eventually
    /the girl has her friends over so im kind of hiding out right now
    the cuts looked ok the last time i checked on them

    im thinking that we wont be riding this week
    the trails will be too wet for a night ride
    hearing stories of lots of erosion damage too so we will see, but i cant wait to get back on the bike

    Comment


      Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
      cant wait to hear about the new filter!
      where did you get it from, can you post up a link?

      yeah she is looking nice and i am excited to see her flower
      i will post up some pics eventually
      /the girl has her friends over so im kind of hiding out right now
      the cuts looked ok the last time i checked on them

      im thinking that we wont be riding this week
      the trails will be too wet for a night ride
      hearing stories of lots of erosion damage too so we will see, but i cant wait to get back on the bike
      Good evening pop_rocks.
      I was hoping that I'd get to play with the filters tonight but my faucet has a non standard fitting and I need to get an adaptor. I want to run it off of my laundry tub and I knew it would need an adaptor for that. I thought I could try it in the bathroom sink in to test but that has different threads too so I'll have to wait until I can get to Home Depot or a hardware store.

      I got on amazon it's an APEC portable 4 filter system. I'm sure it will work well. I have over 40psi water pressure and that should be plenty. It was well packaged and in good shape when it arrived.

      I did get to play with the ppm pen some. My well water after iron filter and water softener is at 320ppm. The water I get from the natural spring is over 530ppm. Wow that is some hot water (if there is such a thing). No wonder it buffered so well. My bottled RO that I get at the store is 6ppm.

      It was fun to test the different waters I'd been giving my plants. It doesn't tell me what's in them but I think it is telling me to start with better water.

      I was also thinking that the girls would need water tonight but they are still too moist. It's been 4 days since water and looks like it will be at least one more. I want to feed these girls but I don't want to overwater. Going to give a mild dose of tiger bloom to them as soon as they need water. I put a few cups or worm castings in each pot with the ocean forest so they should have a balanced diet. Does adding worm castings keep the soil more moist? It's the only thing I added to the soil this time that I hadn't added in the past. It's been cooler for them lately too. The boiler doesn't run as much when it's less cold outside and that keeps the whole basement cool. Temps have been 65 or so and only up to 73 inside tent with lights on.

      While the girls aren't drinking much water they are looking pretty good. Some of the newer growth looks a little lighter shade of green but young growth always seems to be lighter and gets darker as it matures. Might be the MH light messing with me too.

      I know the feeling when the wife has friends over and hiding out sums it up perfectly.

      I hope your trails aren't washed away. It's gotta stop raining soon. Do you ever peddle around on the streets just to get the legs moving. I know it's not as fun as in the off road but it still gets the blood moving. We use to do some urban mtn biking in San Francisco and that was a lot of fun.
      Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
      Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
      Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
      Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

      Comment


        Hey Fiddy if you mean oxygenate that's something I have never done,it actually gets used up pretty quickly.Glad I could give you an idea the ease of it all is really great

        Comment


          Originally posted by Floridian View Post
          Hey Fiddy if you mean oxygenate that's something I have never done,it actually gets used up pretty quickly.Glad I could give you an idea the ease of it all is really great
          Good afternoon Floridian.
          Thanks again for sharing your experience and giving me the recommendation on the cal/mag. It sounds like you use a lot more water than I do. Maybe someday I'll have more plants but for now I am learning grow by grow just a few plants at a time. Are you doing any grow journals or anything? I always enjoy seeing how others grow and that's how I learn. Love seeing others plants in pictures as well. The RO filters are working well and I'm on my way to more consistent growing.

          Not sure what nutes you use but if you aren't organic how do you deal with low pH of the water with feedings. When I mixed a half dose of nutes with my RO water last night the pH was like 4 or less. I had to use 10ml of pH up to get my 2.25 gallons water and nutes back to 6.5-7. Is it ok to use that much pH up? The spring water I use to use was like pH 8 or so and over 530ppm and well buffered so I never had to use that much pH up before. Not sure if I'm doing it right or not.

          Thanks for your help...Fiddy.
          Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
          Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
          Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
          Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

          Comment


            Update and pics.

            Greetings friends.

            I got the adaptor for the RO filter yesterday and started making water. The first few gallons have tested at 26 ppm. I can make about 2 gallons of water per hour with it. That is plenty for my needs. In fact I was able to make as much water as I used while watering the girls last night.

            The lemon wookies are looking pretty good. They were finally getting thirsty last night. I gave them water plus tiger bloom at half the recommended strength and a little kelp nutes for the roots. If they are only going to want water every 5 days then they will only get fed every 10 days and I need to give them enough so they dong get deficiency. Probably means I'm going to have to feed heavier than I'd like. If they start drying quicker I can dial it back a bit. Not sure if this is the right approach but it seems logical to me.

            So far they are not stretching a bunch. It's only day 6 of 12/12 but they are staying under control. They art super stinky yet but do have a strong pot plant smell. If I rub the stems I get some of the lemon and skunk smell. A little vomit too. They are getting bushy and starting to branch a lot. Looks like at least 2 pheno's so far. One is a little taller and more branches. The one affected by the lockout or drought stress may be a third pheno it's hard to tell because of the defoliation I did on her. She is not loosing anymore hight on the other 3 anymore. I put her on a couple bricks to get the canopy even.

            Here are a couple pics from the top and one from the side to show how they are filling out.


            So I'm going to take some of the lower growth off but I'm not sure when is the best time to do so. I've never lolly popped my plants before so in a little nervous about it.
            Anyone have any thoughts on how much and when to trim them?
            I think the are over their drought stress so I'm not worried about shocking them by cutting on them.
            I'll probably watch some YouTube vids on lolly popping but if anyone knows of a good tutorial let me know.

            Thanks for checking out this grow and if anyone has any suggestions I'd love the hear them.
            I hope everyone is having a great week and your plants are happy...Fiddy.
            Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
            Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
            Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
            Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

            Comment


              Hey Fiddy I use general hydroponics ph up to get my nute solution to around 6.5 or so.I started with fox farm nutes but learned after I tried it that pure blend plus blows it away IMO,its a bit more expensive because you will use more.I like ocean forest though and use 1/2 OF and 1/2 roots organic.Used to spend a lot on things like liquid karma and Bcuzz but stopped bcuzz they were not doing a damn thing that I could tell.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Floridian View Post
                Hey Fiddy I use general hydroponics ph up to get my nute solution to around 6.5 or so.I started with fox farm nutes but learned after I tried it that pure blend plus blows it away IMO,its a bit more expensive because you will use more.I like ocean forest though and use 1/2 OF and 1/2 roots organic.Used to spend a lot on things like liquid karma and Bcuzz but stopped bcuzz they were not doing a damn thing that I could tell.
                Good afternoon Floridian.

                I am using the GO pH up as well. I just never had to use as much and want to make sure it's ok to use that much. Sounds like it's ok to use as much as it takes.

                I've been using fox farm because it's easy to find around here. I'd like to experiment with nutes a bit and may look into pure blend plus. Mostly I just need to learn how to use nutes properly. I start with low doses and work my way up. I still haven't burned any of my plants and try to error on the light side, less is more I keep hearing.

                As far as all the boosters and stuff it's just too confusing for me. I've herd so many mixed results. I'm trying to avoid being that guy that has 20 bottles of nutes and no clue how to use any of them.

                Thanks for your continued help and sharing your experience with me....Fiddy.
                Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                Comment


                  the girls are looking great f'nut
                  glad to hear you are happy wiht teh r/o system!

                  they will probably start drinking more water as the flower
                  as they bush out they will need more water to support that growth
                  good on ya for starting at half strength
                  the soil is loaded wiht general nutrients and you just want to augment whats already there
                  depending on your style, you could always push the plants a little harder
                  just watch for curling at the leaf tips, this is a sign of being over fed
                  if you start to see browning that is nutrient burn and you will want to dial it back
                  i like to feed minimally

                  as far as trimming the undergrowth start at the very bottom
                  look for the leafs/small branches that are not getting good light
                  take those off first and kind of work your way up
                  i usually take off the lower quarter to third
                  this will chanel the plants energy to the top where the prime buds are
                  it might seem scary at first but i think it helps the plant produce better
                  plus it saves tiem when you are trimming up the finished product as you dont hvae as much of the popcorn to mess with
                  i like to do this type thing as early in the light cycle as i can
                  it gives the plant time to dry out the cut part and seal the cuts up

                  looks like we have just about made it through the week!
                  cant wait for the weeeknd

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                    the girls are looking great f'nut
                    glad to hear you are happy wiht teh r/o system!

                    they will probably start drinking more water as the flower
                    as they bush out they will need more water to support that growth
                    good on ya for starting at half strength
                    the soil is loaded wiht general nutrients and you just want to augment whats already there
                    depending on your style, you could always push the plants a little harder
                    just watch for curling at the leaf tips, this is a sign of being over fed
                    if you start to see browning that is nutrient burn and you will want to dial it back
                    i like to feed minimally

                    as far as trimming the undergrowth start at the very bottom
                    look for the leafs/small branches that are not getting good light
                    take those off first and kind of work your way up
                    i usually take off the lower quarter to third
                    this will chanel the plants energy to the top where the prime buds are
                    it might seem scary at first but i think it helps the plant produce better
                    plus it saves tiem when you are trimming up the finished product as you dont hvae as much of the popcorn to mess with
                    i like to do this type thing as early in the light cycle as i can
                    it gives the plant time to dry out the cut part and seal the cuts up

                    looks like we have just about made it through the week!
                    cant wait for the weeeknd
                    Good evening pop_rocks.
                    Thanks brother. They seem to be recovered and are very happy.
                    RO system working great. This is so easy and convenient that I don't know why I didn't do this from the start. Hopefully the best part will be improved growing conditions and better weed.
                    I'm sure your right and they will want more water as they grow. I'm going to put the HPS bulb in soon and that makes more light and heat. That should help dry them a bit. I think I was just saying how they aren't stretching much but I just checked them and had to raise the light a couple inches. Just by eyeball they were getting a bit close.
                    I saw a few tips with a little curl and just the slightest tip burn or bleaching. Very minor as of tonight. I think they are telling me that 1/2 dose was more than enough. I probably should have started with 1/4 dose. I'm sure they will be fine.

                    Ok I'm ready to trim them up this weekend.
                    I'll get everything except the side branches that will have those second level colas. Leaves and little sucker branches. Then maybe go through at the end of stretch and clean up again depending on how they look. They are starting to get some pretty big fans on them and a couple of those may have to go at some point.

                    Yep the week is almost over. I'm with you on looking forward to the weekend. It's been a long week and I need a break. The cold weather is back and the forecast is for a cold weekend. Might give me a chance to rest up and enjoy a lazy Sunday.

                    I hope your week went well and you get to enjoy your weekend...Fiddy.
                    Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                    Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                    Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                    Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                    Comment


                      Hey guys
                      Winter came back and the propane burner is rocking again. I'm fired up to pop my Larry's and some Bangi Haze Monday when the moon is right. My 6 new cc headbands are still all good no hermies I may be able to call one the runt but it's clone looks great
                      There may be some node spacing differences but it's slight so it's 6 for 6 as far as I see now I'm thinking I may not keep the label on them after first run they look so uniform.
                      @sunny
                      Hey my desert diesel has been in the jar for 3 weeks and we're starting to sample the first plant. Mrs Hazard and I split one and both fell asleep in mid afternoon so that might be one for you to help sleep. They grow big so put It in the bamboo. I flowered after 6 weeks and had to break the stems to keep it under the light fastest growing thing I ever did see made over 3 oz of dry bud. I may not need any more melatonin .
                      @Fiddy
                      The kids bought a scale and are planning to weigh salt and fat content for the future
                      I also ordered him a copy of that smoking meat book (birthday in a couple months).
                      I've been fighting a gut infection so haven't had much pork but his sausage was fair what I did eat. Almost enough salt and it stuck to the pan I prefer more spicy too.
                      @ pops
                      Hey dog nuts?? That a strain? Nice looking girl. You mentioned reveging how does that work? Have you done it ? Was it worth the trouble? I want to pop more freebies but don't have room to maintain all those clones nor do I want to do a long enough veg to tale cuttings.just want a small sample but then what if we love it and want to keep some. Last year I did too many strains and had a mess of leggy girls in veg.

                      Hope all are well
                      Rodehazrd
                      Kindness is Not Canceled

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
                        Hey guys
                        Winter came back and the propane burner is rocking again. I'm fired up to pop my Larry's and some Bangi Haze Monday when the moon is right. My 6 new cc headbands are still all good no hermies I may be able to call one the runt but it's clone looks great
                        There may be some node spacing differences but it's slight so it's 6 for 6 as far as I see now I'm thinking I may not keep the label on them after first run they look so uniform.
                        @sunny
                        Hey my desert diesel has been in the jar for 3 weeks and we're starting to sample the first plant. Mrs Hazard and I split one and both fell asleep in mid afternoon so that might be one for you to help sleep. They grow big so put It in the bamboo. I flowered after 6 weeks and had to break the stems to keep it under the light fastest growing thing I ever did see made over 3 oz of dry bud. I may not need any more melatonin .
                        @Fiddy
                        The kids bought a scale and are planning to weigh salt and fat content for the future
                        I also ordered him a copy of that smoking meat book (birthday in a couple months).
                        I've been fighting a gut infection so haven't had much pork but his sausage was fair what I did eat. Almost enough salt and it stuck to the pan I prefer more spicy too.
                        @ pops
                        Hey dog nuts?? That a strain? Nice looking girl. You mentioned reveging how does that work? Have you done it ? Was it worth the trouble? I want to pop more freebies but don't have room to maintain all those clones nor do I want to do a long enough veg to tale cuttings.just want a small sample but then what if we love it and want to keep some. Last year I did too many strains and had a mess of leggy girls in veg.

                        Hope all are well
                        Rodehazrd
                        Good morning Rodehazrd.
                        Yep winter is back around here as well. Highs in the 20's and single digit lows last couple days. I guess we will have to wait a little while longer for spring.
                        Glad to hear that your headbands are doing well. Sounds like a stable strain with very consistent sisters. If they are the same pheno I hope it's one you were looking for.
                        Good luck with the Larry's and the Bangi Haze. I'm sure you will treat them well and they well reward you.
                        Glad your kids are doing sausage and it sounds like they are on there way to mastering that skill. That book is a great read and lots of cool recipes and techniques. It has some good background into the history of curing and preservation. Lots of other dishes I'd never heard of. I'm sure they will enjoy it. It might be fun for you to take it for a test drive before handing it over.
                        The great thing about making sausage is that you can dial it in for your preference. Like it spicy and salty or mild just add or subtract from the mix. You can fry a little in a pan and adjust seasonings before stuffing in casings.
                        Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. Sending positive energy your way for a quick recovery. We gotta git you back to 100% soon buddy.
                        Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                        Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                        Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                        Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                        Comment


                          im willing to take one for the team guys, pass all the pork products this way!
                          that is so weird that you guys ahve slipped back into winter
                          it feels like spring is upon us here and the weather is amazing for the past week
                          /beautiful conditions wiht mid 70's and a nice breeze
                          im in socks and a hoody right now but will be wearing shorts and flip flops by early day

                          how are the girls taking to the feeding,fdy?
                          1/2 strength should be fine but i would suggest alternating plain water feedings with the plant food to keep it mellow
                          what ferts are you goign with on this run?

                          welcome back rhode!
                          looks liek we have another sunshine stater joining us!
                          floridian sounds like a neat guy and im sure he will bring a lot to the table
                          its spring break down that way,isnt it?
                          are the kids starting to get rowdy?

                          yeah, dog nuts is just a name i threw out there
                          /the guy who gave me the seeds asked me to not mention his name and im not sure about revealing the name of his seeds ; just keeping my end of the bargin to a friend

                          im not a fan of revegging but i have done it before
                          you are basically forcing teh plant back into vegitative growth by resetting the light cycle to 18/6 or whatever your veg lighting is
                          its not something i recomend doing
                          the plant is an anual and is only supposed to live one season
                          if you did reveg,i would take a cut of the reveged plant and try working wiht that instead of the original stock

                          hoping all your weekends are off to great starts
                          enjoy your last hour of standard time!,fellows!

                          Comment


                            You know Fiddy I was rereading your posts and I have to tell you its pretty strange that you have to use more Ph up with RO than you did with tap.That is the opposite of what I experienced and how I believe it should be.The cleaner your water{the lower in PPMS},the less PH up you should need to adjust your waters PH level.I know I needed a lot more making an adjustment using tap than I did when I switched to RO.What are the PPMs and ph level of your RO water?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                              im willing to take one for the team guys, pass all the pork products this way!
                              that is so weird that you guys ahve slipped back into winter
                              it feels like spring is upon us here and the weather is amazing for the past week
                              /beautiful conditions wiht mid 70's and a nice breeze
                              im in socks and a hoody right now but will be wearing shorts and flip flops by early day

                              how are the girls taking to the feeding,fdy?
                              1/2 strength should be fine but i would suggest alternating plain water feedings with the plant food to keep it mellow
                              what ferts are you goign with on this run?

                              welcome back rhode!
                              looks liek we have another sunshine stater joining us!
                              floridian sounds like a neat guy and im sure he will bring a lot to the table
                              its spring break down that way,isnt it?
                              are the kids starting to get rowdy?

                              yeah, dog nuts is just a name i threw out there
                              /the guy who gave me the seeds asked me to not mention his name and im not sure about revealing the name of his seeds ; just keeping my end of the bargin to a friend

                              im not a fan of revegging but i have done it before
                              you are basically forcing teh plant back into vegitative growth by resetting the light cycle to 18/6 or whatever your veg lighting is
                              its not something i recomend doing
                              the plant is an anual and is only supposed to live one season
                              if you did reveg,i would take a cut of the reveged plant and try working wiht that instead of the original stock

                              hoping all your weekends are off to great starts
                              enjoy your last hour of standard time!,fellows!
                              Good afternoon pop_rocks.
                              Yep winter is a long season this far north. Average temp is about 40 this time of year but like all averages the actual temps are normally 10-20 deg above or below. We are only 250 miles from Canada and when the wind comes out of the north it gets cold. Being away from the coast also means more up and down temps. The jet stream can help us or hurt us. We have to be ready for anything this time of year. I'm jealous of your nice weather and I'd love to be able to hang out in shorts and flip flops or crocks in my case.
                              The girls looked pretty good this morning but I'm going to pull them out and go over them very closely tonight when lights come on. I'm going to trim up the bottom 1/3 of them tonight as well. They seem to be wanting something but that might be just my paranoia and hover parenting. I'll get some good pics tonight and post them up and see what you guys think.
                              Going to back off to 1/3 dose on nutes next feed and just water and cal/mag on their next watering. I'm using ff tiger bloom. I'd used some ff kelp me kelp you when I watered them in on the transplant then just water after a few days then 5ml kelp me kelp you + 15 ml tiger bloom in 2-1/4 gallons RO on the last watering on Wednesday. I mixed a few cups of worm castings into the soil on the final pot up this time too. Not likely that too much nutes were used but may still have a calcium imbalance from the spring water I'd been using. I'm considering a cal/mag foliar feed but not sure if it's a good idea or not. No buds yet so if I'm going to foliar feed I'd have to do it soon. I'm on day 8 of 12/12 so I'll see some buds in a week or so. Looking forward to my next grow using RO water from the start and hopefully a more consistent grow.
                              The plants are probably fine and I'm just being a worrier.
                              I think you are right the only reason to reveg would be to take a cut. If any of these LW's blow my mind I'm going to try it. It would have be better to take cut before flowering but I was nursing them back and didn't want to risk shocking them. I also don't really have room for clones and mom because I need that room to veg my next victims.
                              I'll be back tonight with some pics and an update. I plan on spending a lot of time with them this evening so that should be fun.
                              Hope your weekends are starting out nicely. Later...Fiddy.
                              Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                              Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                              Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                              Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Floridian View Post
                                You know Fiddy I was rereading your posts and I have to tell you its pretty strange that you have to use more Ph up with RO than you did with tap.That is the opposite of what I experienced and how I believe it should be.The cleaner your water{the lower in PPMS},the less PH up you should need to adjust your waters PH level.I know I needed a lot more making an adjustment using tap than I did when I switched to RO.What are the PPMs and ph level of your RO water?
                                Good afternoon Floridian.
                                Just tested the last gallon I made was 15 ppm and pH was just a little below 6 tested with drops. Just a little orange tint so higher then 5.5. The spring water I use to use was 530+ ppm and had a pH over 8. I suspect it had a lot of calcium and bicarbonate. I think all the minerals buffered the water a lot more and it started out very alkaline. When I added nutes to that water they would bring it down to like 6 and it just took 1-2 ml per gallon to get it back to upper 6's. When I added 5 ml kelp me kelp you plus 15 ml tiger bloom to 2-1/4 gallons of RO on Wednesday it dropped the pH to 4 or less. I added the first 2 ml of pH up and it didn't change at all. Then I added like 6ml and it was more than 1/2 way there so I added another 4ml or so and I was at 6.5+ which I think is ok.
                                My thought is that the tiger bloom is very acidic and it just takes that much to bring it up. It seems easer to drop pH than to rase it. A drop of pH down seems as strong as a whole ml of pH up. PH up also has buffers in it so that adds volume as well.
                                I'm not sure if my thinking is correct on this but for now I'm going with it. Somebody slap me if I'm not making sense.
                                On the other hand I haven't heard of anyone using 5ml of pH up per gallon of water.
                                Maybe I should just go organic and forget about all this pH stuff.
                                Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                                Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                                Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                                Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X