What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REALSTYLES DIY CXB3590 TUTORIAL

thebasehead

Hi guys
Thanks for all the help and support
Here is a pic of my mini version , I almost became blind from looking into the LED's

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
nice light basehead!

newbie question: I have a basic dremel kit. Can I use that to do that tappa tappa drilling thing? That the only part of this diy i'm not totally prepared for.

edit: I can!!!

The CXB thrives at being driven softer, while the Vero thrives at being driven harder. COB's are like women, no two alike.

I use some CXA's driven at 50w for vegging along with some royal blue diodes 3w to help. lol peace

woolybear

Veteran
drilling the holes was easier than i expected with my dremel.

used dishwasher soap as lube.

drilled 1/8" holes with #6 self-tapping screws from home depot. on the advice of someone in another thread i originally bought the self tappers from china/ebay, but they sent me the wrong kind of screw and it didn't fit any of my holes.

got my cobs drilled in, gonna wire em tomorrow!!

woolybear

Veteran
plants are doing well, 2nd day under the leds. day one a couple were droopy and I was thinking I may have nuked my plants, but today they are fine.

In fact the exhaust was off all day, with just one turbo fan running. A bit humid, but fine.

Day one the heatsink was so hot it killed the crappy pc fan i setup to cool it. Went to home de pot and got a fan and pointed it straight up to the cobs. Now the heatsink is just warm to the touch.

will post pics later

JinkysOars

Just finished first run with 8x cxb3590's and it has not went well with poor yield! Result must be the worst i've had from what i'd consider healthy plants! I'm mindful that there's possibly a learning curve but i'm not new to growing so think it is the lights and or how i'm utilising them! I had them sitting at 24" they are fitted with Angelina fixtures! Have I been too far from the canopy?

JinkysOars

I cant seem to edit my previous post (Is editing not allowed here?) and I forgot to answer your other question.

They are 72v @ 700ma. I just went and measured and the avg distance is about 9" with the closest being 5" exactly. Along the edges, some of the smaller colas are obviously further than 12". Here is a pic of my 2 girls:View Image

Can you tell me how you high you hang your cxb's throughout the cycle?
Veg?
Bloom?

growmau5

Can you tell me how you high you hang your cxb's throughout the cycle?
Veg?
Bloom?

-what is the driver current of the 8 cxb3590?
-what is the kelvin temperature
-what size is the grow space?
-What version driver a or b? are you using a potentiometer for dimming on the b version driver?
-if A version, did you confirm that the internal dimmer is maxed?
-have you confirmed your wattage with a kill a watt?
-24" is too high. with 90 degree LEDIL angelinas, 16" is the sweet spot, depending on coverage area of course.

JinkysOars

-what is the driver current of the 8 cxb3590?
-what is the kelvin temperature
-what size is the grow space?
-What version driver a or b? are you using a potentiometer for dimming on the b version driver?
-if A version, did you confirm that the internal dimmer is maxed?
-have you confirmed your wattage with a kill a watt?
-24" is too high. with 90 degree LEDIL angelinas, 16" is the sweet spot, depending on coverage area of course.

-What is the driver current of the 8 cxb3590? =1400ma
-what is the kelvin temperature =3500
-What size is the grow space? =3x3
-What version driver a or b? =A
are you using a potentiometer for dimming on the b version driver? =n/a
-If A version, did you confirm that the internal dimmer is maxed? =How do I check dimmer?
-Have you confirmed your wattage with a kill a watt? =No not yet! Do I need to acquire testing unit?

Thanks for helping me out with this it is very mich appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 36

JinkysOars

growmau5 I have checked the internal dimmers both of which were running at 98-100%

Do I want to keep them running at the output?

Latest posts

Latest posts