What's new

REALSTYLES DIY CXB3590 TUTORIAL

I think the most important to remember with using Cree CoB's is the CXA3590 and CXB3590 love to run at lower amperage, called running soft. The Cree can run at 2.8A and more, and deliver higher wattage, but at lower wattage, they deliver more lumens per amp, which is what plants love mist. it is not about watts or amps, but the overall power per foot or PPFD. A PPFD of 700 or more is good. It is the combination of light space dynamics, and power. it is not more power, but a balance of power and light referred to as efficiency. The better designs reside at the 56% to 64% efficiency. that means more CoB's and lower amps, but better production, overall. All of my lights are designed at the 56-64% efficiency range, lower operating cost and higher production with lower $/w
peace

Nicely put AvidLearner.

Peace, Roast.

thebasehead

Hi guys
This feels so so silly
I ordered almost everything for my lovely panel :) BUT...
I cant find a place that will send me 2 50-2303CR for a normal price
I live in Israel (no one holds them here. the IDEAL local importer was laughing at me over the phone he is willing to order 50 not 2 , and wherever i find them online the shipping is 25-30 $

anyone have an idea for me ?

Thanks a bunch

REALSTYLES

Hi guys
This feels so so silly
I ordered almost everything for my lovely panel :) BUT...
I cant find a place that will send me 2 50-2303CR for a normal price
I live in Israel (no one holds them here. the IDEAL local importer was laughing at me over the phone he is willing to order 50 not 2 , and wherever i find them online the shipping is 25-30 $

anyone have an idea for me ?

Thanks a bunch
Try arrow.com

REALSTYLES

That is the current plan.
Just use 2 panels per 4x4 space which equals 800 true watts but you will that to outperform HPS/Gativas all day here's what I'm gonna harvest tomorrow

ic

ic

M

Mental K-OSS

I just finished a 4 cob 3590 setup with 1750B driver. I used a 100k pot and all is well. Thats a nice current for 4 cxb3590's. Good luck.

Peace, Roast.

Roasty are you active or passively cooled? Also, is your HS the large HS usa version or the circle pin Hs?

Also, Real, you mentioned you were going to do another build with passive HS. Any update. Which HS were you thinking of. Robin has some. Decent price also, almost the same price from the manufacturer sans shipping. I can't decide on which ones I want.