What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 CFLs + CO2, goal 150grams

G

Sorry to hear about the seedlings.What type of soil did u use?honestly organic soil growing is just too easy u don't even need to check ph just water and watch the grass grow :)

Military

Thanks PotHead2 lol .. Well the thing is I know exactly where I messed up. The soil wasn't at all right for MJ seedlings. Like I didn't really put as much time as I should have into making the soil. So it is 100% my fault. Like I know what to do ... I was just lazy and didn't go to the store to get any perlite stuff, or anything like that. I'd really like to have a soil MOM though, just because I wouldn't have to worry about keep adding water to her DWC...

But, today my 66gph pump came in at my local hydro-store. Soooo, this is what im going to do. I'm going to go pick up the pump and also buy some of Dr. Hornby's BIG BUD supplement. Then ill see what kind of soil stuff they got like the Perlite stuff and some castings.

Like my soil dried up to be rock hard(oops) when I know its suppose to dry up and be loose... lol Needed Way way way more perlite(white stuff).

So, ya as for doing the SOG in the PC I don't think that will be so efficent, so Im going to have a MOM in there, then going to have a SOG setup in my CAB. With
1x 400watt HPS
1x 400watt MH

256cmf inline fan, and Ill be doing just great :p

Last edited:

Military

hum.. after checking up on the plants in the PC.. some of them are coming back :p haha go figure when Im set on getting rid of them, they all of a sudden decide to look nice and good :p Fuckers hehe ...

ill wouldnt be for a while till I put a MOM in there anyways, because Id have to reveg my current flowering plant, in order to take a clone. But well see :p

G

Military Honestly don't get any soil at the hydro store unless u plan to compost and re-use your soil cause fox farms is expensive and u would feel fucked but it's really good and all organic.Just pick some soil at wal-mart and some perlite or u could just make your own mix using worm castings,perlite,and black gold organic soil.I saw a guy on the 150w hps thread with the mix that had monster plants and u can get everything at wal-mart.

Good to hear they pulling thru sometimes we forget that it's just a WeeD it wants to live

Military

haha ya its to late anyways, I just got the Fox Farm since it already had some Guano and shit like that in it... Made my life easier and I figured I have had a hard time in the past with Soil so Id just spend the extra $15 and know I'll get somewhere.

Ill just water them with my Hydro left overs, making sure I bust the pH a little bit before I water them with it of course.

Anyone got any tips on pH busting without the obvious pH Increaser solutions?

Wow, you have better luck with hydro, huh? That's cool....I've always heard that it's way harder than soil, but I don't know....hydro looks like a pretty intriguing method.....I'm tempted, but gotta get a soil grow under my belt first!

Military

haha Thanks view2athrill Ya i tried the soil thing about .. 2-2.5 years ago.. DEF didn't turn out good just let me tell ya :p I don't know... id call myself a more .. Complex person so more complex methods is what I am costume(spelling?) to you know :p

Sorry to hear about the plants. Soil can be tricky with certain regards. My hydro plants are definitely blowing my big organic plant out of the water though. its crazy! and i havent checked the ph/ppm once. I've been getting lucky :D

Military

WEEKLY UPDATE!!!!!!!!

WEEKLY UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Well its update day and the buds sure have gotten bigger and really are starting to produce the Tric's like crazy now :p

HERE THEY ARE!!
Probably mid next week maybe Tuesday-Thursday ima gona have to give her a trim job. As you can see canopy really starting to fill out :p Ima going to trim her up this one last time, then move what buds to what spots i need to. The spots i move them too will most likely be there last move till harvest time :p

Not sure how many days im on now.. I think 3 weeks.. maybe 4.. Ill have to look back at my posts :p
ya my phone takes way better close up shots then far away shots... :p

SMOKE ON

Last edited:

Military

dude06version- Ya, well I didnt explain myself to well..what i meant by giving her one last trim job is moving any buds that are covering other buds, and If need be going to trim up some of the leaves to make sure that there is no covering :p Gota have mass light with CFLs man :p

pothead2- Damn right man :p Not next week but the week after... So week of Valentines day I will be taking a sample :p I know its about ... 4weeks early to even take a sample but once there are Tric's there is THC :p And I just personally love to taste and get the different smoke as the plant matures :p Just something Iv done.

Also, When i picked up some of my soil and a 66gph pump I also grabbed some BIG BUD supplement :p Added that to my Nutes and Iv already seen some faster bug growth :p that shit doesnt mess around :p

yeknomssa

hey military, can't believe i haven't stopped in and said hi lol. i've been following your grow for a while now. sounds like your timetable is close to mine, i'll have to chop around the end of feb, beginning of mar. just waiting to see how my plants decide to grow. they seem to be sucking N out of their lower leaves already, i pulled a few dead fan leaves off over the past week; seems early, but maybe its all in my head lol.

anyway, your grow is doing well, looks like they're coming along nicely. here's to hoping for good things :joint:

Military

thanks yeknomssa, ya its about time you fucking drop my a line man :p Iv been all over your thread :p hehe JK its all cool man... Just happy to see you have been checking in my stuff :p

Ya, I actually pulled 2 yellowed leaves off my plant last week, so my plant has def pulled some nutes from them for sure :p But, no idea why though... I mean it was on its Nute watering week...But they shouldn't be doing that anymore especially since i got some BIG BUD nutes for them now :p

yeknomssa

someone else suggested that i throw a drop of veg nutes in with the next feeding to help with the apparent N deficiency. seeing as how i'm only on day 34 of flower, i didn't really think my plants should be eating themselves yet

Military

Ya. Well my plants are still currently getting FULL nutes probably more like 5/6 strength because I just keep adding to the res when it gets low. Also, I add some of Dr. Hornby's BIG BUG supplement so that its like a ... 0-4-1 nute so adds quiet a bit no doubt.

Iv have already seen some crazy improvement in the past 3 days since Iv added the BIG BUD and that shit sure does work well :p

SMOKE ON
:p Will be giving update on PC plants shortly, maybe today but tomorrow for sure. Im going to redo the inside of my PC and use FOIL... That will be the only way i can make it light proof.

BeeKaa

whoah!!

sure looks nice military!!!

like what you are doing..!! nice buds!!

.. your seedlings are doing well too!!
i've read it is bagseed, do you happen to know wich strain??

you can try breeding once in a while to supply yourself with some fresh new seeds from the plants you like ;)

another way is to select a mother and take some cuttings from her.. for about 1yr she can give you nice cuttings 4 sure ;)

i'll be following ;) dropping a line once in a while.. for real!
you're fotos made me hungry for more :)

it really isn't that hard to breed seeds, and still have some dope left to smoke ;)

sorry for the late post.. kinda busy right here

i also germed some new seeds, got 12 cuttings rooting at the moment, and the flowering chamber is now in there 2nd 12H long night...

I also have been battling spidermites i got with some cuttings from a fellow-grower
really killermites!!! had to throw 75% away!!!

I couldn't take the risk of transporting the mites to the flowering chamber..

keep up the good work!

gr

BK

Military

Connoisseur300- Ya man, Iv noticed that too... Even more now after I took the pics the day after or This sunday morning i looked at them and noticed some red hairs ALREADY!!! I thought it was a little early but fuck that means maybe my strain is Sativa/Indica Dom :p FUCK YA. I was thinking maybe it was Sativa dom, but it wouldnt be making red hairs already... No cloudy tric's yet though, but ill be giving her a test.. not this week but next week :p

ill be taking off a pretty decent size "UNDERBUD" from under the screen. Not gona touch my top babies :p hehe

BeeKaa- HEY BK !! Finally good to see ya stopped by heeh :p Pretty happy you did not gona lie. CAB brothers gota share the love haha :p You grow looks crazy good man and Im sure it will be 50% better then your last one :p They always are hehe. Atleast I think my current grow is going to be 100% or maybe 125% better then my first one :p Looks like ill be pushing to my goal without a problem :p

Once i grab my test piece and give it a quick drying, and weigh it, ill get an idea of how much ill have :p

quick update on my PC Grow... Well Iv completely redid my PC grow AGAIN haha this is the 3rd time and I think 3rd times a charm :p I got it much more light proof then any other time before. But as a down fall I took out the 2; 23watters so now I only have the 3x 42watters.. But thats plenty for a Mom anyways..

Im planning to probably have 2 moms in there.. bonsi style for sure :p Well see well see :p Ill post pics tomorrow, im to tired to do it atm and Im testing the temps also.. not gona open it till morning and gota check the temps really fast... Thermometers cool down really fast :p Gota kinda sneak up on it hehe

EDIT>>> O ya quick thing i forgot to say.. After this grow im going to be redoing my entire cab :p Gona be installing a 2 bulb setup.. 2 cool tubes. 1x 400watt HPS and 1x 400watt MH.. Ill just have to figure out the relay stuff behind it all so ill only have to use 1 ballast.. Bro is an electrian so ill have no problem with this issue :p Also, Im going to be documenting how to make the cab IR proof :p ya thats right :p Infrared security :p hehe Im pretty excited about it no doubt :p And Iv seen noone do it yet so ill be the first in the forum :p

Last edited:

BeeKaa

hey man,,

lots of plans!!

and good ones too!
here in holland i have seen severeal people using IR-Blocking foil..
And they still are growing so i think it is a really good investment ;)

2 coulours of bulbs next to eachother..
just this morning i read about it..

sounds really healthy for the plants to use the full spectrum indeed..
and i am really curious what u get when you give 400 watts of FULL SPECTRUM..

i think one day you are gonna out-yield me..
if i stand still that is ;) and if my girl is even more coöperative :)

gr

BK

Last edited: