X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodehazrd
    replied
    Hey Fiddy
    How did the cuts come out you seeing new growth?

Leave a comment:

• jedi5891
    replied
    Hey Fiddy, how's it going mate. Pulled up a seat after seeing you've got a thread going.
    Your plants are looking great, really healthy and vibrant. I wish my plants were that nice on my 2nd grow so well done your already growing nice looking plants.
    Keep up the good work.
    Also embrace every problem and issue as it only serves in making you a better more efficient grower. Over the years I've had everything from mites to cal/mag Def an bud rot, but I've learnt from every mistake and most issues can be avoided or the risk minimised.

I'll be watching how these come along.
    Peace
    Last edited by jedi5891; 11-30-2016, 22:04.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by GastroGrower View Post
    Plants are looking very happy. Nice canopy and some good fat leaves.
    Thanks GG.
    Happy plants make for a happy grower.

Leave a comment:

• GastroGrower
    replied
    Plants are looking very happy. Nice canopy and some good fat leaves.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Update 11/30

Greetings icmag friends.
    I've been lazy and haven't updated in a while. Actually I've been lurking in a bunch of threads looking at beautiful pictures of cannabis plants. I've run across a lot of people getting the most out of their genetics and want to try to emulate what they are doing. After just a few months of growing I'm starting to set my goals a little higher than I had been.

This thread has probably gotten a little tired and I feel I can do more to spice things up a bit. I'm not that good at small talk and need to start bringing up relevant discussion and bring some fun back to this thread.

The girls are getting fat and tall and I'm having to rase the light 1-2 inches daily. They are filling my flower tent nicely and I'm starting to get my expectations up a bit. The GS cookie is now taller than either of the Larry's. It was only topped once and has 2 nice branches that are going to be great colas but will be a little higher than the secondary branches but still has good shape. The Larry's were topped twice and the 4 tops have yet to catch up with the secondary branches. I thought the tops would catch up sooner and out grow the side branches but so far that's not the case. If they remain even there will be 10-12 tops on each all within a couple inches of each other. That's going to be great for filling the canopy. I'm really starting to get some high expectations for them. As long as they don't get too tall I think I'm going to get a lot more at harvest than on my first grow.

The girls were getting thirsty last night and the pots were very light. I gave them water with 1/8 strength grow big and 1/8 strength tiger bloom. I also added some Fulvic acid for better uptake of nutrients. I got a sample pack of supplements to try when I started my last grow and figured it would be good to try a couple out. I'm going to give plain water next time and then try 1/4-1/2 strength nutes after that. I feel like my environment is working pretty well and once I learn how and when to use nutes I'll be on my way to growing some fire.

Here is a couple pics of how well they are filling their space.

Not much more to say or do right now. Like I said I want to make this thread a little more interesting so I'll be posting some thoughts and questions pertaining to this or future grows on days that I don't do updates and pics. Thanks for following along and I hope your grows are going well.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    plenty to go around guys!
    /turned into more of a white bean chili with rice and spicy sausage

im just about out of left overs too after throwing most of the turkey into the stew
    just enough for one more sandwich and maybe a few odd bits for the dog
    i am already looking fore ward to next year!!

hope you fellas both had great thanksgivings!!
    Good evening pop_rocks.
    White beans rice spicy sausage sounds great. I'm hungry just thinking about it and I just ate. I ate way too much on thanksgiving and leftovers all weekend. I bet I gained a few pounds. Holliday season is great us food lovers. Even just the cooler weather itself makes me want to cook more. Or maybe it's the shorter days.

The girls are looking great and I'm going down to water in a few minutes. They are growing like crazy and starting to suck up water more quickly. I'm going to give them a very light feeding this time. I'll get some pics and put up an update in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    plenty to go around guys!
    /turned into more of a white bean chili with rice and spicy sausage

im just about out of left overs too after throwing most of the turkey into the stew
    just enough for one more sandwich and maybe a few odd bits for the dog
    i am already looking fore ward to next year!!

hope you fellas both had great thanksgivings!!

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
    Oh Pop I could eat me up a mess of that white bean soup.
    I'm in on some soup as well. Bust out the bowls and spoons pop_rocks!

Leave a comment:

• Rodehazrd
    replied
    Oh Pop I could eat me up a mess of that white bean soup.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by container man View Post
    Great grow man best of luck and greetings from ���� ireland were everything is green take care excellent job fiddynut ��
    Greetings container man.
    Thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow. I'm pretty new at this and very happy with how this grow is going. Do you like motorbikes? Ever been to the isle of Mann for the races? It's a dream of mine to see the TT in person sometime. I've heard great things about the friendly people of Ireland and how beautiful it is. Keep it green and enjoy all icmag has to offer. I am learning a lot form the forums and the people here.

Leave a comment:

• container man
    replied
    Great grow man best of luck and greetings from ���� ireland were everything is green take care excellent job fiddynut ��

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Update and pics

The girls were thirsty last night so I gave them some water and got some pics. They seem happy in their new tent. The 600w is giving them all the light they need. They were transplanted 6 days ago and went into the flower tent 3 days ago. They have grown almost 6" on average this last week. I set the light about 18" above them to start and have let them grow towards it so far. I think they can get 10"-12" from the MH bulb but I may want to keep them a little farther than that when I put the HPS bulb in. I added a little kelp nutes and cal/mag to the water I gave them. I used 1 part natural spring water to 1 part bottled RO water with the nutes and cal/mag and pH'd to 6.8. The plants look great and are filling out my space nicely.

The #1 plant was the tallest until recently. It's by far the bushiest but is now a couple inches shorter than it's sisters.

Plant #2 is now the tallest and she is filling out nicely.

Plant #3 is the GS cookie and is a few days younger than 1&2 and was only topped once. She is a little darker green and she is also starting to fill out nicely.

Here is a group shot. I like the way they are filling out the space they have.

Things are rolling along nicely now and the growth is explosive. I can't wait to start seeing some buds start forming in the next couple weeks. They have a nice green smell to them when I take them out for water. I think the fan and filter in the tent is working better than last time since I can't smell them until I open the tent.

I must say this grow is starting to be a lot of fun again. I had some goals when I started this grow and I've mostly done what I had planned so far. I learned about the importance of doing multiple transplants. I topped early like I wanted. I took cuttings. Now I just need to get on a feeding schedule and train the girls to not get too tall and get the canopy as even as possible. If this last part goes well I will have met my goals on this grow. If the cuttings do well I will have surpassed my goals. Not much more to say or do for now just watch them grow.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
    Great you should see new growth soon
    I don't think drying the plug is good it should always be moist but after you have roots at least open the vent IMHO.
    You talked about pressure differential
    Is there a simple conversation to temp.and humidity that you use? I thought bringing a propane burner in would give me more humidity than it did I'm not holding 50 very well at 70 degrees.
    Good morning Rodehazrd.
    I think I wasn't clear I don't want to dry the rooter plug I just want to take the dome off and watch the cuttings reaction. I'll try opening vents first. I'm thinking that if no roots they will wilt right away. Maybe I'll just put the plugs in a little soil in a beer cup and see what happens.

I've come across a lot of discussion about vapor pressure differential in threads here on icmag. I think it's a way to optimize your environment. I can't get my humidity high enough to get to optimum levels and I don't even run a very warm tent. There is good science that says they plants will grow better and be happier if you follow the VPD chart. But as we know plants are adaptable and do pretty well when outside the range. If I could keep my RH high enough than I would try to follow it but I just keep it as close as I can and the girls look good so I'm not going to get too worried about it.
    Here is a chart I downloaded from a thread I was reading.

So for a 70 deg room you want RH to be above 50%. For a 75 deg room you want it above 60% and by the time you get to an 80 deg room it should be above 70%. Like I said there is good science behind it but it's just not doable for some of us who live in dry climates.

I would think if you can keep your RH close to 50% you should be close enough to optimum that you could consider your environment dialed in as far as VPD goes. As of this morning my flower then is 74 deg at 46% RH and that puts me further out of range than you are and my girls are looking happy so that's most important.

Leave a comment:

• Rodehazrd
    replied
    Originally posted by Fiddynut View Post
    Good morning Rodehazrd.
    I hope your thanksgiving was great.
    The cuttings are 11 days old now and still nice and green. They seem no more or less perky than on day one. I haven't opened the vents yet or done anything other than a couple spritzes of water here and there. I'm going to give them a couple more days in their bubble and then pull the dome off when I can check them often. They seem to be happy in the dome, maybe too happy. I've read that they need to dry out a little to help force them to root.

The moms are looking great and growing a lot. They seem to be digging the 600w. They will need water tonight so I'll probably get some pics and put up an update.
    Great you should see new growth soon
    I don't think drying the plug is good it should always be moist but after you have roots at least open the vent IMHO.
    You talked about pressure differential
    Is there a simple conversation to temp.and humidity that you use? I thought bringing a propane burner in would give me more humidity than it did I'm not holding 50 very well at 70 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    yeah man, im making the white bean soup with some of that stock
    so far, everything smells great
    my buddy deep fries the turkey on his back porch
    that cranberry dish your wife makes sounds rad!
    mrs chicky just makes fresh sauce from raw berries that she simmers on the stove with some sugar and stuff in it
    its great fun when everyone can chip in something and share
    so did you guys get to take home any leftovers

its still kind of nice here, our nights get cold ( 50's) but teh days are still in the 70's
    we kind of slept in this morning and didnt hit the trails until like 9ish, but it was still kind of cold in some of the valleys
    we had a light rain a few days ago so the dirt was still super tacky

def let the plant guide you throughout the grow

i kind of have time frames i like to stick to but nothing is set in stone.
    /just like harvest times,i think of it more as windows of time to work in, not set dates

for sure the top priority is keeping those lights on and you took a big step already this grow when you took your first cuts.
    it sounds like they clones are doing good so lets still hope for the best
    as long as they are green and plump,they are prob ok
    Sounds great pop_rocks.
    I love a nice warm bowl of soup when it gets cold outside.
    Deep frying outside is the way to go. Way less cleanup and your house doesn't stink like a McDonalds. Gotta be carful though, every year we here about somebody starting their deck on fire with the fryer or burning the shit out of themselves.
    I like the sound of that home made cranberry sauce. It's gotta be way better than the stuff out of a can. The canned stuff is always too sweet for my taste and by making it yourself it would be a good way to control that.
    I agree that there is something special about a meal where everyone brings something. You get exposed to new things and it takes some pressure off the ones hosting the meal. I took a bunch of food home yesterday and had a big bowl of mashed, stuffing and turkey with gravy for a late meal.

Sounds like you have some prime bike ridding weather right now. I use to love the late fall in NorCal for riding motocross when it wasn't so dusty and the tracks got tacky and it seemed like your bike was on rails.

I like the idea of letting the plant guide me. I was getting a little caught up in schedules and I noticed it was affecting my decisions a bit. I need to keep this fun and keep learning. I was getting too worried about when I would get enough nodes and what not. I like the idea of windows instead of schedules a lot. Like you said keeping the lights on and learning what the plants want has to be #1 priority. Learning to clone will come with practice and experience. Just learning how to manage two tents is something new this grow and will be more important on the next run. I'll have to estimate when to start the next seeds so they will be vegged and ready once I harvest what's in the flower tent now. That probably means getting seeds popped in a couple weeks or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X