What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's second run - Larry OG

Rodehazrd

Hey guys and welcome Jedi
Glad our group is growing. Thanksgiving was good here,sockeye salmon cheese grits and some good bourbon for dessert.
So the Larry seems to clone ok did you have a heat mat under those?
On enzymes I use hygrozyme and I think it helps.

I'm off topic of the Larry but I need another eye here. I'm trying Bangi Haze by ace. And I'm getting some deformed leaves. I added phosphene to my mix it's bone char. I put one cup for 5gal of mix that's in addition to the 653 mix of calcium carbonate soft rock phosphate and gypsum . I didn't think the rock powders could overdone. Color is deep green and they are turning left instead of up. Not a full on Claw but not normal.

Attachments

• IMG_20161129_072931_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20161129_072931_hdr.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 18

Fiddynut

Hey guys and welcome Jedi
Glad our group is growing. Thanksgiving was good here,sockeye salmon cheese grits and some good bourbon for dessert.
So the Larry seems to clone ok did you have a heat mat under those?
On enzymes I use hygrozyme and I think it helps.

I'm off topic of the Larry but I need another eye here. I'm trying Bangi Haze by ace. And I'm getting some deformed leaves. I added phosphene to my mix it's bone char. I put one cup for 5gal of mix that's in addition to the 653 mix of calcium carbonate soft rock phosphate and gypsum . I didn't think the rock powders could overdone. Color is deep green and they are turning left instead of up. Not a full on Claw but not normal.
Good morning Rodehazrd.
Good to hear your thanksgiving was good. I love grits but it's hard to find them up here in the northern Midwest. Give me a big pile of grits with butter and some bacon on the side and I'm all set.
The 4 cuttings I took from the Larry's are all growing new growth. I guess that means they must have some root. I never did get a heat pad for them but it's always 70-76 degrees in there is I guess that's in the zone. The Larry moms have just about doubled in hight since flipping to 12/12. They are on day 12 of flower.
Thanks for sharing that you use hygrozyme. I'll find some and get it in my supplement mix.

Not sure but I think I see growth like you are showing on the Larry's when they are growing really quick. It's always on some of the developing leaves but it seems like the leaves grow out of it as they get bigger.
I hope you and your plants are well and having a good weekend.
Fiddy

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.
Gave the girls a drink last night and took a few pics. The Larry's have almost doubled in hight since flipping to flower 12 days ago. The Girl Scout is threatening to out grow both of them even though it's a week younger. Everything is looking good and they are settling into a water every 3 days schedule. They are filling the tent nicely.

Wasn't long ago the #1 plant was the tallest but now it's the shortest by almost 2 inches. It's still the bushiest and it's going to have a bunch of colas. The main tops and the secondaries are within a few inches of each other.

Plant #2 is looking great too. I'm starting to think that the main tops won't catch up to the secondary branches but they are all nice and close so should be a nice canopy.

After a late start the Girl Scout is outgrowing the two Larry's. It's impressing me with it's growth and strength. It would be interesting to see if it had been sprouted the same day and topped twice how it would stack up against the others. She is looking good and has a nice smell to her.

The cuttings I took about 19 days ago are starting to grow some new leaves on top. I left the vent on the dome open last night for the first time and they still look good this morning so the vent will stay open and I'll transition to dome off over the next few days.

Things are moving along nicely and the plants are looking happy. I'm going to start upping the nutes next watering and I'm hoping to find my way into a good feeding schedule. I want to keep my girls nice and green and healthy but I don't want to burn them. I plan on going with 1/2 strength nutes next time and then very slight increases after that if they seem to be liking it.

Thanks for stoping by to have a look at my grow. I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying plenty of ganja.

Rodehazrd

Good morning Rodehazrd.
Good to hear your thanksgiving was good. I love grits but it's hard to find them up here in the northern Midwest. Give me a big pile of grits with butter and some bacon on the side and I'm all set.
The 4 cuttings I took from the Larry's are all growing new growth. I guess that means they must have some root. I never did get a heat pad for them but it's always 70-76 degrees in there is I guess that's in the zone. The Larry moms have just about doubled in hight since flipping to 12/12. They are on day 12 of flower.
Thanks for sharing that you use hygrozyme. I'll find some and get it in my supplement mix.

Not sure but I think I see growth like you are showing on the Larry's when they are growing really quick. It's always on some of the developing leaves but it seems like the leaves grow out of it as they get bigger.
I hope you and your plants are well and having a good weekend.
Fiddy

Oh the dreaded grits desert hash browns just don't work for me.
I notice the same they seem to grow out of it but still it seems wrong . I had been warned the bangi was another level of patience. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet but it never stopped me before. They may survive my abuse and I may learn something.
I really want to start my Larry and get on with the phenotypes hunt on that front. The haze is hard to clone I hear. And if I can find some fire In my Larry as I've heard tell is quite likely I'll be running OG for a while.
It's quite nice to have the road plowed so to speak on the Larry front
thanks for your detailed reports

Fiddynut

Oh the dreaded grits desert hash browns just don't work for me.
I notice the same they seem to grow out of it but still it seems wrong . I had been warned the bangi was another level of patience. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet but it never stopped me before. They may survive my abuse and I may learn something.
I really want to start my Larry and get on with the phenotypes hunt on that front. The haze is hard to clone I hear. And if I can find some fire In my Larry as I've heard tell is quite likely I'll be running OG for a while.
It's quite nice to have the road plowed so to speak on the Larry front
thanks for your detailed reports
Good evening Rodehazrd.
Bangi looks like a beautiful plant. I think you'll do a great job with it. Like you said maybe an opportunity to learn something new. You have to challenge yourself to get to a higher level so why not. Experience gained is something you can always something you can draw on down the road anyway.

I should have a good idea of how much the Larry stretches in a couple weeks. I'm guessing they will be done with stretch by day 20-25. I have been measuring them so I should have good numbers. I haven't fed much yet but will start feeding more soon. I suspect they are good feeders. They like cal/mag also.

Hope your weekend is going well...Fiddy

Rodehazrd

Hey fiddy those clones look good. See where the big leaves have died? That's the part I would have trimmed about half the leaf. Makes them fit in easier too. I read less leaf to support gives the roots a boost.
They look good and healthy so you did good.

Fiddynut

Hey fiddy those clones look good. See where the big leaves have died? That's the part I would have trimmed about half the leaf. Makes them fit in easier too. I read less leaf to support gives the roots a boost.
They look good and healthy so you did good.
Good morning Rodehazrd.
I've been doing some more reading and will be cutting the leaves on clones next time. Some say it let's the plant use the nutes from those leaves and sends the energy into rooting instead of trying to support the leaves. Either way it looks like it has many benefits.
I took the dome off last night at day 21 since cutting and a couple are struggling a bit. The ones doing well are the healthiest ones of the healthiest plants and are the Larry OG. She must be easy to clone if a first timer can do it. The two best look so good it's as if they came from seed. I've learned that super healthy plants are easy to clone. Not sure when I will grow these out because I have some new genetics on the way that I want to get to. I guess I'll have to see how the moms turn out and then decide if I want to regrow them maybe not the next run but the one after.
Time for an update on the moms.
Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Good day friends.
I gave the lady's a good feeding last night and got a few pics. I'm happy to see some nice flowers forming and that must mean the stretching will slow down soon. I have less than one foot of room to rase my light and will have to use at least 4" of that when I switch to the HPS bulb. They are on day 15 of bloom. Not sure exactly when but the bulb will be switched out this week. The tent is packed with plants. The canopy is looking pretty good with only a few inches between the highest tops and the secondary tops. Everything is getting a lot of light. The leaves are healthy and green. I gave them a 2:1 bloom:veg nutes at a combined strength of a little over half of fox farms recommendations. As long as they don't show any stress or burn I'll up it slightly next feeding. Im giving water and cal/mag every other time when I don't feed nutes. The girls are 34",36", and 37" tall and have stretched about 125% so far.
Tent getting full.

I'm thinking about taking some fan leaves off to get some better light penetration to the bud sites. I know I've read many good and bad things about defoliation and I'm going to have to go back and do some more reading before deciding. I want as many "solar panels" so they can gather energy and put it into the flowers but I want some of the second level leaves and flowers to get some light too.

Here is a pic of some of the young flowers.

Well things are looking good and I'm happy with the plants. The next couple weeks should be interesting. I can't wait until they start getting a good smell to them.
Thanks for stoping by and checking out my little grow.
Later...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those look like happy plants!
as far as defoliating goes, im kind of on the fence about that one
the plant invests a lot of energy making those leaves but im sure it would not hurt taking a few off, esp if they are shading the mid tier growth
the lowers i strip off entirely creating a lolipop looking plant
this helps open up the airflow and directs all the energy to the top
it also makes it easier to irrigate and check out whats going on

can you post some pics of the clones next tiem you get a chance?
it sounds like they are rooted and doing well

so mrs chicky hinted that she wanted a bread maker for christmas!
it arrived in the mail today!
i love the smell of fresh bread and it sounds like something we will both enjoy
fresh bread and home made sausages anyone?!?

so what are you guys hoping to find under the tree this year?

jedi5891

Hey folks, thanks for the warm welcome guys, good people attract good people :)
Looking good Fiddy, what gsc is that you have mate, forum, platinum? My gsc from Cali connection was really nice, I didn't have too much luck with germinating their beans as I only had 3 out the 6 germinate and one was a runt, but the flowers were really nice and the runt was amazing just crap yield.

I've just managed to get a new venue were I'll be able to put a decent grow on with a good few lights, maybe 16 in the end when I set the 2nd room up. My only concern is that there's a smart meter there and they'll be able to obviously see what and when the electric is being used and in which rooms. I don't want to steel electric and wire it up etc as I think that's asking for trouble. My understanding of the law is that solely on electric use a warrant cannot be issued to search a premises. I've also heard of people spending 1000 a month on electric with no problems and also why would The electric companies want to get rid of their best customers.
Do any of you guys have any experience with these smart meters.
Thanks
Peace

Fiddynut

Good morning pop_rocks.
I'm also unsure if I should defoliate and for now will just continue to observe them. I'll probably take a few leaves at some point but want to see how the bud sights develop a little before deciding on which need light. I've read some interesting threads here on icmag about defoliation and it seems people have very different feelings about it.

I kind of wanted to lolly pop the girls this time but didn't because I didn't know when to do it or how much to take off. I also didn't know if it would stress them and didn't want to take any chances. They have been so happy that I'm just letting them be and loving them. Maybe next run I'll learn about this lolly popping. Baby steps for a chicken like me haha.

I expect both Larry #1 clones to do well and the one Girl Scout also. The 2 Larry#2's don't look like they are going to make it. Still not sure when I will be able to grow out these clones. I don't think I want to run them right away since I don't know what the moms are going to taste like. I think I'll keep them around and keep taking cuttings from them until after harvest and them decide if I want to rerun them. I have new genetics I want to get to as well.
Here they are.

The 2 Larry's look so good as if they were from seed.

Good job on the bread maker. There's nothing like the smell and flavor of fresh made bread. I've been trying on and off for a couple years to make good bread with mixed results. All of our grandparents and all the generations before them knew how to make good bread. It's something that's been lost in much of the country. But it's a bit of work and takes some time so it doesn't fit our life styles so much anymore. The bread maker is great because you can put in the ingredient and leave for a few hours. When you come home you are greeted with that fresh baked smell.

Making a few batches of Italian sausage over the weekend and hoping we don't get too much snow. We got a few inches last Sunday and are suppose to get a bunch sat and sun this week. Maybe 8-10". Might have to get the snowblower out and everything.

All I want for Xmas this year is for my plants to stay healthy and happy. I guess I'm lucky because I have everything I need and most of what I want.
Hoping all is well...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Good morning Jedi.
The GSC is a thin mint feminized from cc. I've been hearing mixed results from people here and am looking forward to seeing how she turns out. She is a healthy girl and a fast grower. She has outgrown the 2 Larry's and she is a week or so younger. I'm glad my clone of her is doing well in case she is tasty. I also had some germination issues with this pack of seeds but had chalked it up to inexperience last time. This time I was 1 for 1 with this seed. Probably lucky.

Congrats on your new grow space. That's a lot of lights. I think you are right that you could get into more trouble for messing with the power company equipment or jacking electric than you probably would for the plants themselves. For what it's worth I've read that in the US a high electric bill is "suspicious" but not enough to get a search warrant. And I think that you are right that the power company shouldn't want to report it's best customers. People in jail don't pay their power bills. Sorry I can't be of more help here but best to check with some growers in the Uk to see what their experience has been.

Well wishes...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Quick update

Quick update

Girls got their water and cal/mag last night and are looking great. Also installed the HPS bulb and moved the hood up a few inches. The girls are getting big and I don't have a whole lot of room to move the light anymore, maybe 6" and a couple more if I change the mounting system. The Girl Scout is 44" from the soil and with the pot she almost comes up to my chin when I stand next to her. The Larry's are closer to 40" and all of them are are taller than I had planed on them getting. They are taller than my first plants and I hope they slow down soon or I'll have to get creative. Now that the new bulb is in I can see how far they want to be from it. Other than rerunning out of headroom things are going great and I'm having a great time growing them.
Here is a coupe pics.

The only task I haven't done yet is putting in the longer bamboo supports and topping up the soil. I don't want to tie them to the supports until they are done stretching and the buds start getting heavy. They aren't showing any nute burn so I will bump nute dose a little at their next water/feed. Just going to keep loving them and watching them grow.
I hope everyone has a great weekend...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fellas'

i hear you fiddy about being a man of simple means but telling mrs chicky i ahve everything i need just dosent cut it this time of year:)
i told her about wanting a meat grinder and i think she has something in mind ( every now and then she gets me rad bongs and stuff like that)
im happy just getting time off work and spending it doing the things i enjoy over the holidays, everything else is just gravy!
one of the best things about the bread maker is it has a setting so it just mixxes the dough and lets it proof, so you can take it out for later use, or bake it in the oven of you want
it also sounds like a good way to make pizza dough
last summer we were makeing our own home made pizzas and they were the best

@jedi
are you in the us?
i live in california and have had a smart meter for almost 10 yrs
at first i was all kinds of worried because if the data they could compile about my electricity usage (esp when a lot of lights go on at once)
i figured i would mention something about a pet or hobby or sometihng like that, if it ever came down to it
/like a reptile cage would have a high wattage light and come on at a set time every day
or tell them i had gotten into pottery and was running an electric kiln.even a new member in the house would account for a sudden jump in usage
the truth is, its never came up
they send me my bill and i pay them
the last thing i would do i steal energy, that is just asking for trouble and give them reason to send someone out to the house
but keep in mind i live in a soon to be legal state and have a medical card as well as several people i help so i am well within my plant limits

lolipopping is easy peezy and i tihnk its somehting you should try
its jsut taking off the lower branches where they meet the main stem
depending on how big your plant is i will often take off the lower three to four branches
sometimes i take more if they look spindly or weak
often i will go all the way to the first topping point so its bare up the the first main crook
/the lower buds dont really add that much to the harvest and are usually set aside to be run through bubble bags or thrown in the pot so mrs chicky can make her butter/oil so its not like i miss them
i also feel that it helps direct more energy up to the tops and gives you a little more weight in the tops half where the best buds are
in addition it also makes it easier to water and see whats going on at the soil level

your plants are looking great man
the two clones on the top might not make the cut in my book but the lower ones in the pic look awseom!
i think someone mentioned snipping the tips of the leaves off when taking cuts
ive heard a lot of reasons for doing this and its somehting i have always done
that wilting leaf should def come off the plant on the left but otherwise they are looking excelent!
might be time to start looking into repotting these babies soon
by now you should be leaving the dome off and getting them used to more light

your did a really good job and im sure you learned a lot as well as gained the confidence to take cutting of all your plants

way to go brother!

Fiddynut

morning fellas'

i hear you fiddy about being a man of simple means but telling mrs chicky i ahve everything i need just dosent cut it this time of year:)
i told her about wanting a meat grinder and i think she has something in mind ( every now and then she gets me rad bongs and stuff like that)
im happy just getting time off work and spending it doing the things i enjoy over the holidays, everything else is just gravy!
one of the best things about the bread maker is it has a setting so it just mixxes the dough and lets it proof, so you can take it out for later use, or bake it in the oven of you want
it also sounds like a good way to make pizza dough
last summer we were makeing our own home made pizzas and they were the best

@jedi
are you in the us?
i live in california and have had a smart meter for almost 10 yrs
at first i was all kinds of worried because if the data they could compile about my electricity usage (esp when a lot of lights go on at once)
i figured i would mention something about a pet or hobby or sometihng like that, if it ever came down to it
/like a reptile cage would have a high wattage light and come on at a set time every day
or tell them i had gotten into pottery and was running an electric kiln.even a new member in the house would account for a sudden jump in usage
the truth is, its never came up
they send me my bill and i pay them
the last thing i would do i steal energy, that is just asking for trouble and give them reason to send someone out to the house
but keep in mind i live in a soon to be legal state and have a medical card as well as several people i help so i am well within my plant limits

lolipopping is easy peezy and i tihnk its somehting you should try
its jsut taking off the lower branches where they meet the main stem
depending on how big your plant is i will often take off the lower three to four branches
sometimes i take more if they look spindly or weak
often i will go all the way to the first topping point so its bare up the the first main crook
/the lower buds dont really add that much to the harvest and are usually set aside to be run through bubble bags or thrown in the pot so mrs chicky can make her butter/oil so its not like i miss them
i also feel that it helps direct more energy up to the tops and gives you a little more weight in the tops half where the best buds are
in addition it also makes it easier to water and see whats going on at the soil level

your plants are looking great man
the two clones on the top might not make the cut in my book but the lower ones in the pic look awseom!
i think someone mentioned snipping the tips of the leaves off when taking cuts
ive heard a lot of reasons for doing this and its somehting i have always done
that wilting leaf should def come off the plant on the left but otherwise they are looking excelent!
might be time to start looking into repotting these babies soon
by now you should be leaving the dome off and getting them used to more light

your did a really good job and im sure you learned a lot as well as gained the confidence to take cutting of all your plants

way to go brother!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
My wife probably gets frustrated with the "I have everything I want" mentality but it's true and I'll be happy just spending time with friends and family. I an going to cook a feast for family on the 24th and just want everything to turn out well and everyone to enjoy their food and enjoy time with one another.

I'm thinking about a bread making devise myself. It's the process and proofing that only let's me experiment with baking on Sundays because of work all week the timing just doesn't work. Your pizza dough idea is great. I love making pizza on the kamado grill. I can get temps above 700 degrees and it makes for a great crust. Also doesn't heat up the house in summer. Home made pizza is the best for sure, especially with your own home made sausage:)

Do you think that it's too late to lolly pop? It's day 19 of flower and if it's not to late I might be tempted to do a some. None of those leaves at the bottom are getting any real light anyway and it is making watering a bit tough. I'll do a thread search here on icmag and look at some examples. I've defiantly been hearing that it sends the energy to the tops and since I have more tops this time it probably would be a good thing.

Yep I'm giving up on the 2 clones from Larry#2. They were the droopiest of the bunch and never came around. The 1 from the Girl Scout had me worried for a while too but seems like it's recovering. I took the dome off last Monday at day 21 since taking the cuttings. I figured that if they weren't rooted in three weeks they probably wouldn't ever take. I'm pleased with how the first cuttings turned out. I'm sure if the plants would have been happier they all would have made it. I now have a good plan for next time and also have a feel for how things should go. Now I just need to finish the mothers and see if they turn out to be anything worth re growing. Like you said I learned a lot and gained confidence to take cuttings from now on.

I hope you are having a good weekend and all is well...Fiddy

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no i dont think day 19 is too late
they are still in their early flower stage and would be able to transfer that energy to the tops
just try and use something really sharp and make clean cuts close to the main stem

that oven sounds perfect for making pizza!
i bet you ahve the best pizza crusts!
and topping it with home made sausage just takes it to another level all together!
ill let you know when i get my set up and maybe you can help me wiht the recipie
also i was talking to a friend at work and he was talking about double grinding his meat
one thing im also planning on doing is grinding my own beef for burgers or meat loaf
the other day, ground beef was about $5lb whle tri tip was on sale for $4.99
at those prices i would rather use better cuts of meat to make my burgers
im thinking i could add a couple pieces of bacon to it while grinding too, to add some fat and flavor

your first attempt at cloning came out great
some plants are jsut harder to clone than others
did the larries have roots poking out of the rooter cubes before you moved them into those pots?
it may just be a strain that is harder to clone, so you would want to take extra cuts expecting a lower strike rate

hope you are having a great weekend too , man
totally counting down for the holidays!

Rodehazrd

Hey folks, thanks for the warm welcome guys, good people attract good people :)
Looking good Fiddy, what gsc is that you have mate, forum, platinum? My gsc from Cali connection was really nice, I didn't have too much luck with germinating their beans as I only had 3 out the 6 germinate and one was a runt, but the flowers were really nice and the runt was amazing just crap yield.
Hey Jedi
Glad to see you back. Sorry your c.c gear was not what you would have preferred I have had good luck with Swerve I just refreshed my cc818 and I got 6 for 6. I hope to find d a new mother with faster buds my phenotypes I now use goes 11 weeks, is not a heavy producer but she's is soo sweet.
I've just managed to get a new venue were I'll be able to put a decent grow on with a good few lights, maybe 16 in the end when I set the 2nd room up. My only concern is that there's a smart meter there and they'll be able to obviously see what and when the electric is being used and in which rooms. I don't want to steel electric and wire it up etc as I think that's asking for trouble. My understanding of the law is that solely on electric use a warrant cannot be issued to search a premises. I've also heard of people spending 1000 a month on electric with no problems and also why would The electric companies want to get rid of their best customers.
Do any of you guys have any experience with these smart meters.
Thanks
Peace

I'm paranoid too about the utility people. In my rural location most folks are running welders and woodworking tools and a spike in usage is normal but you're talking about a 60 amp jump for the 8 lights. I think it's correct to be concerned.at the least extra diligence in soil disposal and uv blocking to prevent any suspicious eyes. I e also heard of cops look in for roof melts.
Be safe
Rodehazrd

Latest posts

Latest posts