Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avinash.miles
    replied
    ya h.miles are a great soil borne critter to have, my kiddie pools are full of them
    i spread them just like WDI said - by moving mulch layer and a big of top of kiddie pools to smaller pots and cups

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    I don't do anything specifically to promote them or keep them in check. I just let them be and do their thing. I just picked up some mulch material off my pots with them and put them on my recently potted up solo cups to keep spreading them around. They are good to get rid of fungus gnats.

Leave a comment:

• Dakine
    replied
    Originally posted by who dat is View Post
    2/23 The 3
    View Image

OGKB 2.0
    View Image

GG4
    View Image

Garlic Breath
    View Image

Dank Zappa
    View Image
    Just WOW bro. Cant really say much, im speachless haha! Those girls are lookin damn good! Real Frosty, they look like they fricken stink tho!

So do you do anything to keep the mites in check? I have them in my pots as well. I always thought they did more harm then good. Which is why I would usually try to let the pots dry out as much as possible..

Leave a comment:

• ~star~crash~
    replied
    U don't mess
    Last edited by ~star~crash~; 03-01-2017, 20:02. Reason: stoned

Leave a comment:

• Phenome
    replied
    Originally posted by nameless View Post
    crazy update. lookin too real under there. why the mites swarmin like that? i see plenty of sugar leaf mulch for them to snack on, they are omnivorous right?
    "Hypoaspis miles and the similar species, H. aculiefer are soil-dwelling, predatory mites. Hypoaspis mites feed on fungus gnats, springtails, thrips pupae, and other small insects in the soil. The mite is 0.5 mm (1/50 inch) long and light-brown in color. It inhabits the top 1/2 inch layer of soil. Females lay eggs in the soil which hatch into nymphs in 1 to 2 days. Nymphs develop into adults in 5 to 6 days. The lifecycle takes approximately 7 to 11 days. Both nymphs and adults feed on soil-inhabiting pests, consuming up to 5 prey per day. They may survive by feeding on algae and/or plant debris when insects are unavailable. Both males and females are present, but males are smaller and rarely seen."
    Sourced from wiki

Leave a comment:

• nameless
    replied
    crazy update. lookin too real under there. why the mites swarmin like that? i see plenty of sugar leaf mulch for them to snack on, they are omnivorous right?

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Originally posted by Avinash.miles View Post
    i just realized...
    u said skunk91 male?
    is that right?
    I might have messed up the typing somewhere, sorry if i did. The Star Dawg IX male just finished flowering out. I need to collect his pollen and then throw my two Skunk 91 males in the isolation chamber to flower out. Probably sitting next to some little clones to go ahead and have some seeds to play with.

Leave a comment:

• Avinash.miles
    replied
    i just realized...
    u said skunk91 male?
    is that right?

Leave a comment:

• ~star~crash~
    replied
    mop your brow...that was a lot of great works

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Originally posted by NewAgeGenetics View Post
    Is it good to keep so dry the plugs?
    I soaked it before I potted it up in a solo cup right after this pic. Good lookin' out though

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by who dat is View Post
    Is it good to keep so dry the plugs?

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Originally posted by Avinash.miles View Post
    nice looking wdi, that's a helluva update

Right? See ya again in another 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Avinash.miles
    replied
    nice looking wdi, that's a helluva update

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    2/23 Dank Zappa - future F2s

Hypoaspis Miles - These guys have been going crazy to varying degrees in all my vegging pots. This was the first time I've seen them do something like this.

Skunk 91 clones, fingers crossed

2/24 Dubble Dank again, first confirmed female

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    2/23 The 3

OGKB 2.0

GG4

Garlic Breath

Dank Zappa

Leave a comment:

Working...