What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

snakemanOG

Muthahfuckin' *BOOM*! The knowledge bomb just got dropped. Thanks for the links Seafour.

Thanks for the links guys. I sppreciate it. Going to be doing some serious reading I can see, lol.

It would really be nice not having to mess with nutes any more. I spend way too much time mixing and then pHing. I mean, I can and do mix enough for 3-4 days at a time. But when you have plants on slightly different schedules you sometimes have to mix for specific plants and that's a huge pain in the ass. Not to mention that I really don't want to be smoking any chemicals if I can avoid it.

Red Fang

Veteran
almost anyone grows it better than me but I was still impressed. I wish you all great luck with the Glue!

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
58561560.jpg

ummm..... ok?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thanks for the links guys. I sppreciate it. Going to be doing some serious reading I can see, lol.

It would really be nice not having to mess with nutes any more. I spend way too much time mixing and then pHing. I mean, I can and do mix enough for 3-4 days at a time. But when you have plants on slightly different schedules you sometimes have to mix for specific plants and that's a huge pain in the ass. Not to mention that I really don't want to be smoking any chemicals if I can avoid it.

Your plants are going to take up the same elemental Ions whether its supplied by Organics or WSF(Water Soluble Feed). Choosing organic over WSF doesn't guarantee a better product necessarily. Both ways can be over-done, and can affect the smell, taste, and finished product greatly if improperly fertilized with either organics or WSF.

I do hope your path to organics is an easier approach for you, and the results make you happy nonetheless. If organics dont work out though, consider CRF(controlled released fertilizer) as a third option.

snakemanOG

Your plants are going to take up the same elemental Ions whether its supplied by Organics or WSF(Water Soluble Feed). Choosing organic over WSF doesn't guarantee a better product necessarily. Both ways can be over-done, and can affect the smell, taste, and finished product greatly if improperly fertilized with either organics or WSF.

I do hope your path to organics is an easier approach for you, and the results make you happy nonetheless. If organics dont work out though, consider CRF(controlled released fertilizer) as a third option.

Thanks for the info. I've had pretty good results so far, but I'm definitely interested in organic growing. Not mixing nutes would be.

I may have to look into the CRF also.

Thanks again for the info and suggestion.

antheis

Veteran
The bhodi testers as of last night. I took this picture just before trimming up the sucker branches, larf, and taking clones. I know a ways into flower now but I'm hoping that the cuttings will root. I took 2 of each plant so I have back ups in case I find any keepers.

View Image

what do you have hanging on your bulb?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
what do you have hanging on your bulb?

It's one of those yellow sticky traps for flying insects. I have it tied to the lamp cord and from that angle it looks like it is on or near the bulb. Probably 2 feet away though.

There's finally some action happening down there worth talking about. Here's a closeup of one of the shorter bhodi testers. They are starting to frost up and stretch has stopped. The 4 taller ones down there were pinched at the top of the meristem right when flower started. That really cut down on the stretch and they bushed out nicely. I also thought it interesting how the pistils with many of these plants seem abnormally thick, at least compared to what I'm used to. They remind me of thin pasta more so than thin whispy hairs.

picture.php

The whole gang as of last night. You can see the yellow sticky card here again in the foreground. It's helpful when taking pictures as it obscures at least some of the bulb. @anthies

picture.php

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
It's one of those yellow sticky traps for flying insects. I have it tied to the lamp cord and from that angle it looks like it is on or near the bulb. Probably 2 feet away though.
You can see the yellow sticky card here again in the foreground. It's helpful when taking pictures as it obscures at least some of the bulb. @anthies

that's a good double use of it for sure.
i thought it was something you hung on the light while you were working/ taking pictures to protect your eyes.
shit's looking real nice. everything bodhi puts out looks fire. and you're growing something with a11 in it which makes me even more jealous..:tiphat: