What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NHS: a new but old strain from MNS

Stevius

Hey Jamie, lookin good mate!!! At the end you better give us some smoke report! :D

Anyway... we will be watchin :eek:

Wish you good luck! :wave:

Asil

Hey Jamie Congrats on the tester job. Those plants are going to be some real beauties.

I have tagged this and am looking for to seeing it all come together.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
cheers all :smile:

and here we are as of last night... all of them look fine so far and this week I bumped the feed up a little..

more to follow..

j :smile:

Attachments

• NHS1.1.10.06.09.jpg
    NHS1.1.10.06.09.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 19
  • NHS2.1.10.06.09.jpg
    NHS2.1.10.06.09.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19
Nice show. Seems like they are taking forever, and then when they get just a bit bigger than that size they really start taking off. Nice tight nodes so far. Look good.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Out to anyone concerned about Jamie's whereabouts, I've been in contact with him today, and he's fine, no legal issues, he's simply had problems with his internet connection! (phew)

He said he has been taking photos of these right the way through, and will post a mega update just as soon as he can.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Cheers Snap and all, it's nice to be missed :smile: ... I'm back and damn it feels good :D

Time for the first installment of my missing updates... errm... I know what I mean :)

Ok well firstly, as above I'm proper sorry for not being around during the actual grow period for these, but as luck would have it, I'm back just in time for harvest.

Pheno Types
---------------
First thing to note is that I'm now coming up on week 11 of flowering and still havent pulled a plant (see below), even the "Skunk" pheno doesnt look "quite" ready to me (bloody close though - its this week for sure, maybe even today/tomorrow). Besides that one I have 2 haze phenos, I dont know how best to describe them except to say one is a "amnesia haze" shaped pheno with golf balls every where and the other is a more tradtional "donkey dick" pheno, much as I saw in my CBH (which contained SSH). In the case of both of these, they need a bit longer, the "dick" pheno looks like it'll be ready maybe next week (week 12) and the other looks like it might go as long as 4 more weeks - but we'll see, she could start finishing off quickly as I've seen before).

Grow Notes
-------------
Everything was as planned in the page one plan of this thread, but a point to add, the late finishing could protentially be bug/stress related as I've battling bugs (gnats n mites) and heat the whole damn summer long (people kept looking at me funny when I'd say *bloody sunny days **grumble Hrmpff* - but u lot know exactly where I'm coming from) and ultimately I know I lost a lot in yield in other plants I've been running over the same period. That aside, befoe the real heat of the summer set in, these were growing at a fantastic rate, if I were to make any comment on my grow plan though, its that the veg time of 8 weeks was perfect for the skunk pheno, but far too long for the haze phenos, all of which required "supercropping"(read snapping) to make em fit, in ernest, some of them would be 7 foot plus by now were it not for some strategic snapping of limbs

Misc
----------
Of the 10 seeds I initially germinated, I had an even split of 5 girls and 5 boys

And so, here we go with a few pics of the girls AND boys early on (week6 - 2 weeks before flip) here I see 2 pheno types - one broad n skunky leaved and the other slightly skinnier/haze.. these later split themselves into the 3 phenos described above.

Attachments

• NHS week6.jpg
    NHS week6.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 15
  • NHS week6.1.jpg
    NHS week6.1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 20

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks man, feels good to be home I can tell ya :D

hope all's well in the cabinet, I'll be along checking out all the diaries I've been missing soon enuff :)

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
JamieShoes...your grow looks great..i just grabbed a pack of these and think that it would a superb strain for breeding...I am planning on using these in a few crosses..

peace
Chefboy

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks Chefboy :)

I've got 2 more updates to come yet (and then harvest updates), and theres plenty of good news to come with regards using these in your crosses mate. for example, you might be pleased to hear that the skunk pheno is a real dead meat stinker of a pheno - real rootsy stuff, and one of the haze phenos has gone all super white hairy and beautiful, this one smelling more of a lemon haze like...

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
wow thanks Jamie..well i grabbed these from the bay 2 weeks ago and did some research and read that the NL5/Haze was the original from back in the days..Like when Neville released it in the 80;s and the skunk i read is from the same..old school skunk genetics...So how could you go wrong with these beans..This hybrid is made up of the building blocks of all strains today

peace
Chefboy

JamieShoes

Veteran
not a real update as I've been a bit busy today with roofmites n nematodes and this little lady pictured below ...I'll go back in time to the day they were flipped in an update tomorrow but right now I gotta walk the hound :)

NHS skunk pheno at 10 weeks 6 days of 12/12

Attachments

• 001_1794.jpg
    001_1794.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 17

JamieShoes

Veteran
So heres the next brief installement.

The NHS were given 2 weeks to "root out" their new pots and then flipped at around 8 weeks. At this time, there were some signs of bug invasion, but nothing that seemed to be "badly" effecting the plants... that was to come later with the heat and population explosions (spidermites and fungus gnats). Despite the bugs and heat issues, they continued to grow at a good steady rate. Thier heights at flip time were between 12 and 20 inches, I would later find that this was too tall for the "Haze" phenos ;)

here they are the day I flipped em...

Attachments

• NHS week8.flip.jpg
    NHS week8.flip.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 20