X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Ez Rider View Post
    I'm about 1/8 of the way through this thread, and I'm noticing that there are two distinct camps. There's "the sky is falling" camp, and the "man up ,get the right chemicals and kill them" camp.

I'm seeing multiple people saying that a couple of rotations of Avid/Forbid/Conserve SC, followed by maintenance with triple action neem does the trick.

My plan is to toss the current run and start over. I've got a friend with cuts from an allegedly clean mother, but I'll be dipping all the cuts in Avid BEFORE I leave his house with them. I'll do a 10% bleach wipe of the tent/equipment followed by a heat treatment. Once the plants are vegging in the tent, I'll do a few Avid/Forbid/Conserve rotations before I flower, and spray with triple action neem during flower. Am I missing anything?

Has anyone in the "falling sky" camp actually spent the cash, used the products properly for a few rotations and seen little or no results? As powerful as these pesticides are supposed to be, I find that difficult to believe. Is it the mites, or is it the $600 investment in pesticides that's really the issue? I noticed that many of the "falling sky" people are using cheap products that have little or no effect on BM's.
    There are two camps: Those who prefer to use very toxic miticides, and those who prefer to use more natural methods, like heat treatments or OGBiowar.
    You can find out what miticides are used against these simply by Googling. The "natural" methods are less well known, so you can really skip the first half (or almost) of this thread as all they talk about is poison. After that, more solutions were discovered, and those are the ones I would read up on. You caught them way too late, and they would just be duds if you finished them. They are probably all over your house, so you are going to have to get a scope and continually monitor them daily, as mites from outside your tent will get back in there and get on your new, clean clones.

Leave a comment:

• Ez Rider
    replied
    I'm about 1/8 of the way through this thread, and I'm noticing that there are two distinct camps. There's "the sky is falling" camp, and the "man up ,get the right chemicals and kill them" camp.

I'm seeing multiple people saying that a couple of rotations of Avid/Forbid/Conserve SC, followed by maintenance with triple action neem does the trick.

My plan is to toss the current run and start over. I've got a friend with cuts from an allegedly clean mother, but I'll be dipping all the cuts in Avid BEFORE I leave his house with them. I'll do a 10% bleach wipe of the tent/equipment followed by a heat treatment. Once the plants are vegging in the tent, I'll do a few Avid/Forbid/Conserve rotations before I flower, and spray with triple action neem during flower. Am I missing anything?

Has anyone in the "falling sky" camp actually spent the cash, used the products properly for a few rotations and seen little or no results? As powerful as these pesticides are supposed to be, I find that difficult to believe. Is it the mites, or is it the $600 investment in pesticides that's really the issue? I noticed that many of the "falling sky" people are using cheap products that have little or no effect on BM's.

Leave a comment:

• knubs
    replied
    So pack up and move, or burn the house down is what you're telling me? Start from seed in a new spot maybe? I appreciate your opinion, however this is not a very practical or realistic solution.

The grow is in a 4x8 tent. Can't I just sacrificially burn the tent, bomb the house, Sanitize the equipment with bleach/alcohol get a new tent, BOG seeds and start over? Aborting/shutting down for a few weeks to debug/clean would be brutal, but doable. An actual move, without a successful harvest isn't possible. I'm already in the hole from previous bad harvests from the BM's. This most recent crop seems especially susceptible to them.

My place is a small studio(600 sqft) with hard floors. I'd think a few good bombings, coupled with a new tent would do the trick. Maybe hit them with Avid in veg, just to be safe. Thoughts anybody?

look through the thread a little bit. you have plant cancer. no one wants to accept the reality because it sucks. i know i didn't want to. i wasn't exaggerating in my last post though. no one has simply eradicated the mites quickly and easily like spider mites or root aphids. once you have them they own you. some people have even shut down for a long time and when they started up from seed and they came right back.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks...I think. The thread's ~180 pages, and I just heard of BM's and this thread within the last 2 days. Sorry I haven't been able to read /digest the entire thing yet, I'm trying. The info in the thread is varied to say the least.

I'm into flower, which I gather is BAD.
    The ones in flower are done. Going by ur pic not worth the effort either way.

While the info on this thread may be varied so is any topic in regards to growing cannabis, but one things for sure you're plants have the worst possible problem a grower can get..

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the government had something to do with the spread.

Leave a comment:

• Ez Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by RetroGrow View Post
    Plants in the tent.
    All of your questions have been answered many times in the thread.
    Do some reading and use the search function.
    If you're still in veg, plants aren't doomed, although heat treatments can be done in flower too. Aspirin in the rez helps knock back the BM toxins.
    All of this has been explained previously.
    Thanks...I think. The thread's ~180 pages, and I just heard of BM's and this thread within the last 2 days. Sorry I haven't been able to read /digest the entire thing yet, I'm trying. The info in the thread is varied to say the least.

I'm into flower, which I gather is BAD.

Leave a comment:

• mojave green
    replied
    yeah, it is pretty powerful! haven't looked at the blood cells that came with it but sure did get a close look at my plants. so far so good. no creepy crawlies! knock on wood.
    had to sandwich the leaf between two slides to get a good look.

Leave a comment:

• siftedunity
    replied
    I got that exact one mate... the only problem is it can be a little two powerful..but you will see them! and while your bored you can look at blood cells etc lol

Leave a comment:

• mojave green
    replied
    Originally posted by siftedunity View Post
    id be a nervous wreck after reading this whole thread..
    lol, yup. got me so damn nervous i bought one of these:

and i don't even have sick plants!

Leave a comment:

• siftedunity
    replied
    perhaps we should have a bm treatments only thread/sticky so that its easier for people having issues. id be a nervous wreck after reading this whole thread..

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Plants in the tent.
    All of your questions have been answered many times in the thread.
    Do some reading and use the search function.
    If you're still in veg, plants aren't doomed, although heat treatments can be done in flower too. Aspirin in the rez helps knock back the BM toxins.
    All of this has been explained previously.

Leave a comment:

• Ez Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by RetroGrow View Post
    Heat treat the tent to 120F for an hour or so. That will kill mites. Then get some OGBiowar.
    Are you saying to heat the tent with the plants in it? Or are you in "the plants are doomed" camp?

Which type of OGBiowar? How often? For how long? I have very little knowledge of BM's or how to treat them. Trying to get up to speed, any help in the right direction is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Heat treat the tent to 120F for an hour or so. That will kill mites. Then get some OGBiowar.

Leave a comment:

• Ez Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by knubs View Post
    dont EVER spray flowering plants.
    here are your options
    you can kill all your plants. flowering ones are doomed because of the toxins that are already there from the mites anyways. your moms probably are too by now. the toxins takes months or years to wear off.
    if you have a strain that is priceless to you make your mom small and battle with rotated forbid, avid, kontos, ogbiowar, and heat treatments every week for a minimum of 6 months(it's been years for most of us). this isn't a one cure bug to say the least...

if you kill everything then stay shut down for 6 months to a year and heat treat the grow area regularly up to 120 degrees and forbid treat as well. also make sure no other plants on your property have broad mites..
    So pack up and move, or burn the house down is what you're telling me? Start from seed in a new spot maybe? I appreciate your opinion, however this is not a very practical or realistic solution.

The grow is in a 4x8 tent. Can't I just sacrificially burn the tent, bomb the house, Sanitize the equipment with bleach/alcohol get a new tent, BOG seeds and start over? Aborting/shutting down for a few weeks to debug/clean would be brutal, but doable. An actual move, without a successful harvest isn't possible. I'm already in the hole from previous bad harvests from the BM's. This most recent crop seems especially susceptible to them.

My place is a small studio(600 sqft) with hard floors. I'd think a few good bombings, coupled with a new tent would do the trick. Maybe hit them with Avid in veg, just to be safe. Thoughts anybody?

Leave a comment:

• knubs
    replied
    Borrowed a scope. So far I've only been able to see one. A sort of clear, jellybean at 100x. I was able to score a little Avid from the guy with the scope. Going to hit them with it now. He says reapply in 5 days to be safe. Does this sound right? I know nothing about broadmites.

dont EVER spray flowering plants.
    here are your options
    you can kill all your plants. flowering ones are doomed because of the toxins that are already there from the mites anyways. your moms probably are too by now. the toxins takes months or years to wear off.
    if you have a strain that is priceless to you make your mom small and battle with rotated forbid, avid, kontos, ogbiowar, and heat treatments every week for a minimum of 6 months(it's been years for most of us). this isn't a one cure bug to say the least...

if you kill everything then stay shut down for 6 months to a year and heat treat the grow area regularly up to 120 degrees and forbid treat as well. also make sure no other plants on your property have broad mites..

Leave a comment:

• aligee
    replied
    Essential oils FTW!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X