What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex233

Here are my biggest and only plants I've ever grown, I hope my plants can one day be as massive as Tom's and Butte's.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The colombians above^in early flowering.The dude is 175 cm tall :D

DSC07717.jpg

DSC07727.jpg

DSC07714.jpg

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
LOL LOL LOL Totally jealous boys lol lol lol...we don't get that kind of sweet sun here in BC we get lots of rain lol . Find a bud in flower that doesn't mind getting rained on and we would be golden.Nice thread peace out Headband707

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All these plants were grown @ 43ºN..and it rains a lot here too!

Jack Herer/Colombian f3 x Destroyer starting to flower ...guerrilla style :D

T4xDestroyer.jpg

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Raco what outdoor bud do you like??? outdoor bud is not that popular here ... don't get me wrong there is a few crops here and there but for the most part if the rain hit's you will lose it. .. Plus as far as killer bud they don't seem to have killer bud. Couple of years ago they did do a TW crop that worked but I haven't seen that since then . In the clubs here all outdoor bud goes pretty cheap $6.00 gram. They do better up north where they get more sun but this rain forest sucks. peace out Headband707

nomaad

Veteran
MedReasercher: there are a couple of great OD:09 threads that discuss highly effective means of controlling caterpillars. Short answer: Spinosad and Safer Cat Killer will do the trick.

headband: if you had sun like california, outdoor ganja would be more popular. in fact, last night I put my OD blue dream up against a buddy's indoor blue dream. Same cut and he is a very experienced grower who has been growing the BD for a while inside and out. There was no question that the outdoor was just as good (better, actually to a longer cure, but I conceded that the indoor would cure out to the same dankness in time.)

and in order to make this a more appropriate, OT post... this is a concern of mine.... since i am going to be growing 12 pound monsters this year (that's more a projection of positivity than egotistical swagger, i promise) I am a little worried about my quality dropping off. At 5lbs- the monster of my personal experience, the quality was amazing. I'm interested to hear from the big plant vets as to whether they have experienced a drop in quality as yield increases.

T

theJointedOne

nomaad the big ten plus plants get a lot of their yield on the second and third harvest which is usually tiered to accommodate the maturation of lower growth in such a big plant. So the quality, while some would say goes up, others would say goes down, and others would tell you its the same just different color :)

But strain specific im sure just like everything else.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
nomaad I have seen a few big ones like that back east Ont. Sativa's grew fast and big lol actually had to take it down it got too big lol.. so I can't give an acuate report on the bud. But I have seen the outdoor grows in Cali from some killer strains and we would not get that here. ( I wish!! lol )We could plant that here but chances are it would rain just before harvest and no one wants to take that chance lol. No question that the sun in your latitude is much different then ours.. I have been to your part of the world and it's a different place then this all together. I think much better for growing outside.Not like ppl haven't tried here lol lol. They tried to pull off a big outdoor crop ontop of the mountain here just before the Olympics hit lol lol. Fools ,the helicoptors found that one pretty quick lol.. real shame they only had 2 more weeks looked like lol.. Even though the cops took their crop that night it's rained for 4 days straight so they would have lost it anyways peace out Headband707

K

kopite

Thanks Kopite. Ive enjoyed a few summers, but 19oz was my biggest yeilder (Blockhead), and 9 feet was my tallest plant (TimeBomb). Dude one year my whole harvest didnt match ONE of their plants! Only so much we can do in BC.

Not only are these peeps growing monsters, they are healthy monsters.:plant grow:

Peace outdoordreams

Location Location Location, least you guys can grow outdoors... and having seen the winters you guys have whilst watching the ski cross 19 don't seem bad... but fully agree the plants on show are very nice and big... we can all dream..

Kopite

CARCHOFA

Hi!
Here I bring a pair of pics from guerrilla:
Greetings!

P9231382.jpg

P9170801.jpg

I know they aren't so big as yours but we're improving... jejejej

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Northern Dreams Plant

Northern Dreams Plant

Northern Dreams Plant (my creation) vegged 30-Days in a Green House before being put into its final Swimming Pool and Camouflaged.

MedGuy510

If anybody has pics of monster plant dried nugs next to familiar size reference objects like lighters, baseballs, baseball bats ;) those would be interesting to see. I'm sure the biggest colas do maybe a few ounces. wow that would be extraordinary.

nomaad the big ten plus plants get a lot of their yield on the second and third harvest which is usually tiered to accommodate the maturation of lower growth in such a big plant. So the quality, while some would say goes up, others would say goes down, and others would tell you its the same just different color :)

But strain specific im sure just like everything else.

hey jointedone,

thanks for sharing that info!

localhero

cat damage. great luck with spinosad. its organic too, just sounds knarly and chemy. its gross and nice to trim and find little black dried up dead cats. those fuckers.

nomaad

Veteran
thought i would drop a couple of pics of my field of 09 mini-monsters. i am working my ass off so that last year's biggest is this year's smallest... nothing smaller than a five-pounder!!

2009_1023-Jordans-Rebel-063.jpg

2009_1003-Garden-002.jpg

2009_1023-Jordans-Rebel-063.jpg

2009_1003-Garden-002.jpg

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
LOL LOL NICE Nomaad see I want big outdoor grows just like that lol lol lol....now that is sweet.. I seen Tom Hill's TW outdoor and that doesn't look anything like ours. I assume because ours is TW X PK. or just PK Another popular one here is Green Crack but these are all clone only strains. Love your pics lol peace out Headband707

Kaneh

"Plants start to flower to early"
I'd loved to have that problem!
Here's it's difficult to get the plants to flower at all! LOL

...Impressing trees guys, I ques I need to move more south...
:dance013::tiphat::blowbubbles::wave::jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.