What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hbd and s60 in dwc under the l.e.d

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
cheers for the intrest guys, if you followed my old grows then you know what to expect ;)

my little girls have taken off they are literally growing as im typing this, have to say that this is my fav part of the grow cause you never know when there gonna top out :)

i think 20/4 said they should stretch around day 30 but i make it day 20, ill up some pics in a couple of days to gauge their speed and height

Mine were stretching the most around 30 days... most were 2 inches per day, you should see at least 1-2 inches a day maybe 3 with your setup! Lookin good mate, you should stop by my soil grow one time:wave:

brebo

great to see things turned out skotty..plants seem healthy from here ..:)
did some roadrunner from dinafem and over fert them in soil , as about the age of yours, but they forgot me and gave some beautifull bud..:)

Currently running some s'60 (15-18 days old), I keep your thread as a refference, of course I am subbed...:tiphat:

:wave::watchplant:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i have found my sour 60s to be very shy on nutrients they work on the theory of less is more, all my buckets are set to .6ec and ph 5.8 and they seem to be doing fine

checking through my garden yesterday i think my bluestreak is actually male i may have mistaken his pollen sacs for calyx :( its being monitored very closely, if this is the case i may harvest his pollen and use it on my next grow which is gonna be swiss cheese and try and create some blue cheese autos, eventually back crossing blue cheese to another auto blueberry

1st the stretch then the flower formation :)

heres a pic of how they are progressing in last 2 days

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Plants are looking pretty healthy from this point of view, that sour60 in the back is alot smaller than it should be by this time.. maybe, i dont really have anything to judge by.... how tall is the biggest one compared to the others...also how does the age compare, it looks like your big sour60 is starting to stretch, keep record of this stretch.... I would love to see you create a blue cheese auto, i think bluestreak would be the perfect match for that!

Could we see more pictures?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah my eldest s60 is around 40 days old i proper fuked up her start in life but she has made an excellent recovery and ill be more than happy with what she gives me in yield

my 2 youngest s60's i have made up for big time they are 3 weeks old and have been fed as lightly as i can and it shows in their rapid growth and health , in the next 7 days i think they will have surpassed my eldest

if memeory serves me i think dargo was working on something similar with a blue cheese auto but dont know how far in he is or wether he gave up

the swiss cheese is the original uk cheese cut crossed with swiss miss and is mold resistant, if you could get the taste of dj shorts blueberry mixed in with a mold resistant uk cheese off spring then i think this would be a killer auto especially if you have witnessed the power of the uk chedda

either way i do think the auto scene would appreciate an automatic cheese strain or blue cheese strain

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
its nice to see mdanzig has got his sour 60's listed on the attitude this will open the door to lots of uk growers who have never heard of the strain before :good:

had a a bit of a mishap last couple of days, i was configuring my ph meter and getting 2 very different readings with the buffer 7 (not a good sign) my soloution has been used so many times that its now giving me inaccurate readings so i flew down to the local ponics store yesterday and bought a new bottle, came home and tested my meter to find it was .4 out :jerkit:

plants have shown signs of the ph being incorrect this is what drawn my attention to my ph meter,

i absoloutley love growing in hydro but you do have to be pretty accurate at times with everything you do, the slightest off measurement could result in a big loss

heres a few pics of my plants

male bluestreak

picture.php

picture.php

sour 60 youngest 24 days old i think

picture.php

picture.php

sour 60 oldest, you can actually see the thc building up already on the leaves before she has even begun the bud formation :)

picture.php

picture.php

group shot

picture.php

happy new year

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I would love to see an update, i know they have gotta be approaching that 1 inch a day mark.....

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i have to confess that these are the hardest plants to grow in hydro that ive come across, the reason being that they require such little feed its untrue, you could literally place these in soil and not add any feed at all the entire grow and they will finish with ease (yes really)

my biggest obsticle is the fact i dont use r/o water so my background ec is always .5 when really this is what these plants should be feeding on at the very maximum

dont get me wrong im not saying you cant grow these plants in hydro but what i am saying is you need to use r/o water if your gonna attemp to

i cant grasp why their feeding habits are so low i can only assume this is the blueberry influence

this grow is proving to be a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me because part of me is saying pull all the plants and work with something else and the other half is saying grow them out and sample her delights

im gonna seperate the male and pull the weakest sour 60 and replace with an entirley different auto seed altogether

pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds a shame skotty that you're thinking of ditching them..
I wouldn't have thought the blueberry influence would be that strong in S60?
Are the bluestreak the same or worse?

I've grown blueberry based AFs in soil and they were easier to stunt in seedling stage, but once established were pretty hungry..

Distilled water doesn't seem as readily available here, at least I never see it in supermarkets..

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ive only ever grown in hydro and i kinda know what stage plants should be at throughout the grow, using distilled water from the supermarket is an option but it aint always guranteed .0 ec trust me ive tried and when your changing buckets which hold 20ltrs it aint gonna be very cost effective especially when you have 4 on the go

its more frustration on my part because ive seen what my setup can achieve and i look at my plants and think i could be growing something 4x as big in the same amount of time

ive gotta see it through so i can put it to bed and say ive done it, bluestreak is male i just have 3 s60's

Hey man. Awesome grow and your plants are looking mighty healthy. Don't pull them as I'm really curious of final result and this well known strain performance in hydro setup.

What is name of strain which is going into your setup next ?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the input but when you been growing for a little while you instinctivley know when something is a hit or a miss

it was a toss up between mataro blue and cali haze but the cali haze has edged it purely because ive never smoked a haze and ive never grown a full sativa dominant plant, i was hoping these sour 60s were gonna be my last auto grow as i really wanna move onto reg seeds but i cant leave the auto scene on a bad finish

im gonna keep it as my little side project and probably just post a few pics here and there if it turns out well and at the same time focus on bringing these s60's home safely

Thanks for info. I'm tempted to try some regular strains too mate so I understand your decision. Good luck with your growing.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Sorry to hear the sour60 arent going your way...im having troubles with my PB as well, its like a roller coaster, but they are still creating beautilful buds nonetheless, i say just let them finish and move on...id also love to do some regular strains...1 reason in particular? VARIETY so many more 12/12 on the cannabis market!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah i have shit loads of regular seeds in my fridge just waiting to be cracked but i cant seem to tare myself away from autos, im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing

anyways ive been pondering immensly about my s60's and trying to understand why i cant master them in dwc, i know for deffo that they dont like much food but i was also drawn towards the ph of my water, every strain ive grown in hydro loves a ph of 5.8-6.0 but my sour 60s looked in better health when they were 5.5-5.7 its only when i raised it to over 5.8 things started to get a bit iffy

now i wanna try again only this time keep the plants in the lower ph spectrum and see what happens (see what i mean about trying to break away from autos) ideally r/o water would be most usefull but it aint gonna happen for me just for 1 strain

heres a few pics of my plants normally by this stage of the grow they are well on their way

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh man Af's are addictive!
It would be a shame to go out on a bad note..

The work you do in hydro is important for the rest of us in here to see, as it reveals the hidden potential of some strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts