What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD # 1 Feminized

Humple W.

My father passed away last Wednesday. The plants have suffered over the last couple of weeks, as everything that's been going on has prevented me from giving them the proper care.

Sadly, my father will never get to benefit from the CBD#1 that I've been growing for him, but whenever I consume it, I will think of him.

I will post some pictures soon.

Red Doberman

Very sorry to hear about your father Humple W. Life is never the same after losing a parent. You mentioned your father had an illness, I was just wondering how did you plan on administer the CBD #1 after harvest ?

Humple W.

Very sorry to hear about your father Humple W. Life is never the same after losing a parent. You mentioned your father had an illness, I was just wondering how did you plan on administer the CBD #1 after harvest ?

We usually make an olive/coconut oil based extraction with our other plants, but my brother (who was living with and taking care of our father) wanted to try grinding and decarbing the flower, and then encapsulating it; he felt there may be additional benefits in the whole plant, beyond the compounds found in an extraction.

Humple W.

Okay, here are a couple of bud-shots of #2 out of 2 CBD#1. These pics were taken at 6 weeks and 2 days.

PXL_20210323_163633614.jpg
PXL_20210323_163625946.jpg

Humple W.

Okay, here are a couple of bud-shots of #2 out of 2 CBD#1. These pics were taken at 6 weeks and 2 days.

This is the frostier of the two. Leaf and stem structure, as well as overall rate of growth, is pretty much identical between the two, but #2 is definitely a hungrier girl. She ended up showing signs of deficiency at a feed that kept #1 quite happy. So more work to keep her happy, but she puts out, no doubt. The orange scent is still dominant, but each plant is beginning to diverge, in that #1 leans toward a more bitter grapefruit smell, and #2 smells sweeter, like a tangerine. Very similar though. Looking forward to testing them.

Red Doberman

Humple W. Vert bice buds mate. I'm going to give this plant a go this summer. My last project was the Lebanese strain from Ace, very nice but I ate a little to much one night :) I also do a straight decarb in the home oven on a sheet of baking paper at 120 deg Celsius for 20 mins, stupidly ate about 3 grams of bud along with many beers, about 5 hours later I woke up absolutely buzzing and rushing in head space, no heart racing or any bad effects, but not a state to be in at 10am and expecting clients :)) Thankly I survived and all is well

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear Humple W. i'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad <3 May the love from him will last in your heart forever.
It's a pitty your dad won't be able to receive the medicine you were growing for him, the buds look fantastic and super resionous after just 6 weeks of flowering, you can be proud despite you couldn't attend the garden properly during these hard moments. Much love from all ACE Seeds family!

Humple W.

Thank you very much for your kind words, dubi - they are greatly appreciated!

Here is a pic of the whole tent. You can see some deficiencies have manifested; more in the right (#2) than the left (#1). This is interesting to me: #1 is the slightly larger plant, and looks to yield more, but was later to show any problems, whereas #2 may be smaller and more stressed, but is the more resinous of the two (though both are quite frosty). The leaf and stem structure, as previously mentioned, appear identical, but the flower structures somewhat differ - #1 has more foxtailing, darker red hairs, and rounder buds overall, where #2 has lighter red hairs and buds that are more spear-shaped.

PXL_20210326_154727374.jpg

-Rioht-

Just curious if anyone has experienced any autoflowering traits (with CBD #1 or other photoperiods in general) for photoperiod plants?

My 57 day old CBD#1 seems to have started flower while under 18/6, hoping to get some guidance on if it's possible at this point to revert it to veg until my 20 day old erdpurt has had a chance to mature more.

i have 2 autoflowers going next to it, and their almost at identical stages of flowering (maybe their talking!). Also 100% sure i didn't mix up the seeds.

the plant is in a 5 gallon SIP bucket with about a 1 gallon resevoir. I'm using coots mix supersoil and amending with dry organic 4-4-4 and folair spraying occasionally with liquid kelp/fresh aloe in early veg.

Under 125w lights and temps have been roughly 68f and 50% humidity. No major temp or humidity swings.

Since noticing it went to flower I switched it to 20/4 lighting and switched to full power @ 250w. Figured if it's gonna autoflower I might ad well throw some horsepower behind it and the actual autoflowers.
I also made sure to reamended with more 4-4-4, fish emulsion and fresh earth worm castings incase it had started to flower due to lack.of nitrogen.

Oh, I had also topped it twice. Not sure if that maybe threw it into flower due to stress?

Either way, looking for tips!

In the pictures the CBD#1 is on the far left, next to a Pink Kush CBD autoflower and an auto Zameldelica. Bonus shot of my baby erdpurt as well (only survivor of 6 seeds, but thats another story).

Attachments

• photo2033982.jpg
    photo2033982.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2033983.jpg
    photo2033983.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2033984.jpg
    photo2033984.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 45

-Rioht-

Previous post was missing a picture. Here's a close up of the flowering.

Attachments

• photo2033980.jpg
    photo2033980.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 45

mr.pistil

Here’s an update on my CBD #1. She really stretched out and buds are filling in nicely. Sugar is piling on. This pic was taken this past Wed., day 39 of 12/12, middle of week 6. VERY different from Humple"s pic from wk 6. For perspective, those are 36" bamboo sticks in a 7 gal pot. Dubi, any comments on the differences? This is my one/only CBD #1, so I have nothing to compare against. Thoughts?
966E4C6F-2A32-45F6-9050-BC8878E4343A.jpeg

Humple W.

Here’s an update on my CBD #1. She really stretched out and buds are filling in nicely. Sugar is piling on. This pic was taken this past Wed., day 39 of 12/12, middle of week 6. VERY different from Humple"s pic from wk 6. For perspective, those are 36" bamboo sticks in a 7 gal pot. Dubi, any comments on the differences? This is my one/only CBD #1, so I have nothing to compare against. Thoughts?

Beautifully happy and healthy! And frosty!

As for the differences - the structure and posture of the leaves looks very like mine. The flower shape too. But I do see what you mean (I think I do, anyway), in that it doesn't look as filled-in at this point. Maybe pruning slowed her down a little? Or maybe it's light intensity? I say that with no idea of what you're running, so I'm not saying that's it at all, but I do know my girls seemed happy to take more light than a lot of the other varieties I'm growing right now. I maxed the fixture in my tent this time, which is 210w at the wall, in a 5 square foot space. Even with wall losses at the driver, that's around 40w/sq ft, which is more than I've been able to give other plants, at least without seeing more stress than the CBD#1 ever experienced. Of course wattage isn't PAR, but I'm too lazy to do the conversion, and it would only be an estimate anyway. For what it's worth, I'm running HLG QB288 Quantum Boards (without reds). Somewhere around 2.5 μmoles/joule at the 100w per board I'm running.

In any case, your plant is absolutely gorgeous!

mr.pistil

Humple, thanks for the feedback. This plant was vegged for 8 weeks under cfls and did quite well, I thought. It’s possible that somewhere along the line they "slowed down" for whatever reason. I follow Doc Buds High Brix method and I pay attention to my plants everyday. In the grow room, they are under a SPYDRx Plus from Fluence emitting approx. 1,500 uMols at 6”. When I brought the cbd1 into the grow room she sat on the floor for a week and then I gradually raised/lowered the pot to keep the canopy about 18” from the light. When I run a perpetual garden I keep the light at full power, otherwise I dim it down (10-100%) with new plants and gradually raise the power up. If you’re not familiar with this light, it’s A LOT of light. When the plants grow into the light - goodby fan leaves! Haha!

It’s a little hard to tell in the photo, but the colas are full of buds. All of the main branches/colas are 16” +/- and are loaded. Given there’s only 2-3 wks left I’m not sure the buds will get very large. We’ll see.

im anxious to hear Dubi's take. Thanks again for the feedback. Here’s a close up of one of the main branches from last Sunday.

DC259077-0CD2-4B94-94DC-E646588E90C0.jpeg

Humple W.

Humple, thanks for the feedback. This plant was vegged for 8 weeks under cfls and did quite well, I thought. It’s possible that somewhere along the line they "slowed down" for whatever reason. I follow Doc Buds High Brix method and I pay attention to my plants everyday. In the grow room, they are under a SPYDRx Plus from Fluence emitting approx. 1,500 uMols at 6”. When I brought the cbd1 into the grow room she sat on the floor for a week and then I gradually raised/lowered the pot to keep the canopy about 18” from the light. When I run a perpetual garden I keep the light at full power, otherwise I dim it down (10-100%) with new plants and gradually raise the power up. If you’re not familiar with this light, it’s A LOT of light. When the plants grow into the light - goodby fan leaves! Haha!

It’s a little hard to tell in the photo, but the colas are full of buds. All of the main branches/colas are 16” +/- and are loaded. Given there’s only 2-3 wks left I’m not sure the buds will get very large. We’ll see.

im anxious to hear Dubi's take. Thanks again for the feedback. Here’s a close up of one of the main branches from last Sunday.

Maybe you just happened to get a longer running pheno? An outlier, perhaps?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Humple W. :) the plants have shaped very nice buds despite some minor leaf deficiencies in late flowering.
Glad they are producing nice resins! Hope you are feeling better :kissgrin:

Hi -Rioht- it's a bit weird what you CBD #1 is doing .... CBD #1 seedline contains 25 % ErdPurt genetics, and ErdPurt has semi autoflowering tendencies, but none of the parental plants used to produce CBD #1 seedline show this traits although it can not be discard that a small % of the offspring does it in a recessive way from Erdpurt. To be honest yourts the first case i know of.

You have done the right thing to try to interrupt the flowering: increase photoperiod, increase nitrogen (although the plant looks perfectly healthy, with no lack of N)
check if the roots already appear at the bottom of the pot, if that's the case then transplant to bigger pot, this and increasing light intensity (in case you think they need it) are other main factors to try to bring them back to growth. If she doesn't respond and continues to flower then i would not complicate myself with the small ErdPurt, and i would flower the CBD #1 properly along with the other autoflowers.

Interesting pheno mr.pistil :) As per comparison with Humple W plants, i think his plants have a morpholopy more reminiscent of CBD #1 mother (Cannatonic S1), while yours is more 'ErdPurtesque': robust, very columnar growth, huge main leaves ..... your last pic shows lots of Purpurea Ticinensis influence. What kind of aromas does this beauty has ?

Despite some difference in growing traits, CBD #1 seed line released has been stabilized mainly for the CBD rich described chemotype, and for great resins, terpenes, yields are also consistently good.

mr.pistil

Interesting pheno mr.pistil :) As per comparison with Humple W plants, i think his plants have a morpholopy more reminiscent of CBD #1 mother (Cannatonic S1), while yours is more 'ErdPurtesque': robust, very columnar growth, huge main leaves ..... your last pic shows lots of Purpurea Ticinensis influence. What kind of aromas does this beauty has ?

Despite some difference in growing traits, CBD #1 seed line released has been stabilized mainly for the CBD rich described chemotype, and for great resins, terpenes, yields are also consistently good.[/QUOTE]

Dubi, You threw me with the reference to "Purpurea Ticinensis" influence. I'd never heard of that so had to look it up! I'm still not clear as to its significance with CBD #1. I"m assuming its part of the mix?

I can smell and detect odors, but have great difficulty IDENTIFYING specific odors. I decided to ask my wife (non-user) as she's better at this than I am. Her answer: "marihuana'. LOL! Obviously, she was no help. My initial reaction was "fresh air", or a "springtime" smell. Just a very pleasant (IMO) smell. Not overpowering, but very pleasant. Sorry I can't be more definitive!

I've attached some pics taken yesterday - day 48 of 12/12. Still a couple of weeks or longer to go. The colas are really beginning to fill in nicely. The tric production is phenomenal! I've grown some heavy tric producers before, but this takes the cake. As you can see, the close up is a fan leaf loaded with Trics. You can imagine what the sugars leaves are like!

IMG_2228.jpg
IMG_2229.jpg
IMG_2231.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2228.jpg
    IMG_2228.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 49

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice progress since your last update mr.pistil she is enjoying a lot your good cares ;)

Looks like she is going to be a good hash plant pheno with resins everywhere, like it usually happens with almost all the plants of this strain.

CBD #1 seedline contains 75 % Cannatonic S1 genetics and 25 % ErdPurt genetics. ErdPurt is Erdbeer Afghani x colorful Purpurea Ticinensis, so CBD #1 seedline also contains a bit of Purpurea Ticinensis from ErdPurt. Thanks a lot for the updates, enjoying a lot here :)

-Rioht-

To update on my autoflowering CBD #1, she still appears to.be flowering under 20/4 so I'm just letting it ride out and see what happens. So far it's hasn't packed on too much flower but I didn't lollipop her like i would have going into a traditional flip.

Thanks for the info dubi on the erdpurt genetics in the cbd#1, that was another thought I had but didn't know if those genetics would come throughthi had thought a 4 gallons of soil and a 1 gallon resevoir would have been sufficient but ill try bigger next time.

I popped my 2 remaining cbd #1 seeds for my outdoor grow and they both popped through the soil today.these will be going into 20 gallon bags for the summer.

My Erdpurt is going beautifully though and I ended up with a female! Will be taking cuttings of that soon for my outdoor grow to join the cbd #1.

mr.pistil

A little update on my cbd#1. Today is the end of 9 weeks (day 63) of 12/12. Buds are filling in nicely and forming some bulk. There's only a few pistils on the top of the tallest branch that are beginning to turn. If you look closely at the the "close-up" you seem some purple coming on.

This certainly has the Sativa side of the parents. Seed finder says 50 days +/- for Purpurea Ticinensis, that Dubi referenced. By the looks of it I’d say she’s got 2-4 more weeks.

Dubi, FYI - I received the (this) CBD#1 seed from a friend who had a number of testers from you. I’m wondering if this was a pre-production seed, given the phenotype and the fact it’s running way past published flowering time. Can you shed any light on this? What are your thoughts given the stage of the plant and how long it will/could go? Thanks.

As you can see she's healthy and has that nice high-brix glow on the leaves.

51528496-7532-4F60-BE88-B3262D68C951.jpeg
E94B4D6D-EF38-474B-9AC4-39760CD9BFF9.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts