What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cultivating Zamaldelica and Jarilla de Sinaloa by the Danube

yoss33

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

The main stem has red/purple streaks and looks purple from afar especially in the late afternoon.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
A week ago we had the first rain since June. The water was quickly sucked by the dry land and now I'm back to watering.

The ZamKullu seedlings have stem smell that is more Kullu (metallic astringent) than Zam (citric fruity) but is a third smell on its own, not just Kullu with some Zam.
picture.php

And a few photos of the Purple Mexican, which has just started to flower:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
The ZamJarilla looks just about to flower, but still hasn't. Not much progress in the last month because of the draught which is continuing.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
We just had another wave of bad weather that again didn't bring much rain, just some showers for a day. A sunny and dry September is at its end.
The Kullus:
picture.php

The strain description by Khalifa Genetics seems to be right about the flowering of Kullu, listing harvest in November/December. The quicker #3, which is just starting to flower seems to be aiming at middle/end of November, but the other 2 (#2 and #5) have still not began, so they don't look like November weed. Here's #3:
picture.php

And #2:
picture.php

The ZamJarilla has also started flowering:
picture.php

kokomarin

Respect,Yoss
I think is much beter when is plant in flowering from solsticum.
I have from my crosses seeds one 20 weeker,and one wich start in half semptember,what is decembar finishing .
In my crosses this year is dominant oh tfd from last year.
In pots two kalimist and two wos wild thai will finish soon .
Two cold months for nld is gambling for me .

In my area people harvesting grapes now,then olive will come next.

yoss33

Veteran
It's fun to gamble with these long-flowering strains and hybrids, if you don't count on the harvest! Good luck with the Haze crosses, koko!

Some fresh photos.

ZamJarilla:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And the Purple Mexican:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here are a couple of photos of the other Purple Mexican plant that I started this season and gave to a friend to grow outdoors. It started flowering about the 20th of August and got pollinated by wild hemp, so didn't produce new waves of flowers and has been harvested several days ago. Yesterday, my friend brought to our beer gathering 2 joints of barely-dried samples and it was very nice - powerful and happy, a bit like wine (pleasantly disoriented and drunk) in the beginning of the high.
picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
In my experience, the greenest Purple Mexican (CannaBioGen) was the one with the best Mexican sativa psychoactivity, and the purple ones were more like Pakistan Citral Kush...

Salud.

yoss33

Veteran
With two of them smoked only uncured, the 3 plants that I've smoked are all PCK dominant with strong pleasant body, pleasant and relatively clean psychoactivity and good flavor. So, for me, Purple Mexican is a kush-type hybrid great for medicine, that's why I grow it again this year and keep a clone.
If I were looking for a Mexican sativa effect, I would look elsewhere, but the Oaxacan has blended very nicely in this hybrid, adding vigor, "exotic" flavor and quality of effect to an already great indica.

therevverend

Veteran
Beautiful work as always yoss. Out of your strains this year it looks like the Purple Mexican synched up perfectly with your season. Finishing at the optimum time for ripening. I know very different strains can look very similar but I'm struck by how similar the purple Purple Mexican is to my Purple Lui. Not just in color but in shape and structure. I've long suspected the Lui contains Mexican genetics, although I'll probably never know for sure. Just for fun I'll post some pictures, I'm not implying the two strains have the same or even similar genetics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know the PCK can be variable in smell, ranging from hashy to fruity to very little odor at all. The Lui always smells sweet and purple fruity. What's the Purple Mexican like?

yoss33

Veteran
Indeed they look similar. That Lui has more developed bracts though (a-la Deep Chunk). About the smells in Purple Mexican, I find this particular plant to have a somewhat generic indica smell on the sweet side - earth, hash and fruits (like pineapple), with hints of fuel. Taste is sweet and hashy. The other 2 plants that I've tried have more floral exotic smell.

I harvested the Purple Mexican yesterday. It could go longer, it continues to push new pistils, but is just fine like it is now. The sample taken a week ago smokes very very nice - not as stony as the seeded harvest in summer, but still very pleasant on the body. Uplifting and relaxed at the same time.
Here are a few photos from the harvest day:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I like how resinous the buds are and in the same time the smoke is very smooth and easy on the lungs. I usually cough a few times after smoking resinous indicas, not with this one.

yoss33

Veteran
And the only Purple Mexican x ZamJarilla, that has been under the cover of its mother up to now. The smell is undistinguishable from the mother's.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Kullu:
picture.php

#3, the fastest flowering:
picture.php

The tiny Purple Mexican x ZamJarilla was harvested:
picture.php