What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Lebanizer

Yes, we did with some P3 Lebanese parental plants. Not easy, but if you follow the growing tips stated in the strain description:

To keep parental plants indoors in the mother room, we recommend the use of long photoperiods (20/4 or higher), and the use of large pots that do not restrict their root space, since otherwise it may start to flower in the mother room due to its semi-autoflowering tendencies.

Also, if the parental plant starts to show signs of flowering then take clones asap of the branches with stronger growth and lesser flowering and replace the flowered mother with them.

Lebanizer

Hi Lebanizer

Yes, we did with some P3 Lebanese parental plants. Not easy, but if you follow the growing tips stated in the strain description:

To keep parental plants indoors in the mother room, we recommend the use of long photoperiods (20/4 or higher), and the use of large pots that do not restrict their root space, since otherwise it may start to flower in the mother room due to its semi-autoflowering tendencies.

Also, if the parental plant starts to show signs of flowering then take clones asap of the branches with stronger growth and lesser flowering and replace the flowered mother with them.

Thanks a lot dubi !

When you say 'large pot', how large are we talking ? 10L ? 20L ? 50L ? 100L ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Lebanizer, at least 7 liters. Be alert once the lebanese mother (or father) plant starts to reach the bottom of the pot, and take clones with proper growth to replace the big copy at the minimum sign of flowering.

Theorganicguy

This P4 Lebanese has been showing some breathtaking vigour, despite being a landrace reproduced for 4 generations. She definitely has a strong metabolism. I repotted her in a 9L pot a month ago and she was already digging in the soil beneath. Considering my love for Lebanese and the fact that this is the most delicious stem rub I've ever smelt, I decided to go big and repotted her into a 40L smart pot after havign witnessed her first hair. Aroma is truly delicious: a mixture of cheap, flowery soap from a motorway café and something fruity between ripe peaches and freshly rinshed sultana. It may be even too fragrant, since quite a lot of slugs came around to have a snack.

Attachments

• photo2050991.jpg
    photo2050991.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 67
  • photo2050992.jpg
    photo2050992.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 61

Theorganicguy

She has been confusing me for the past few weeks. Despite having repotted it a couple weeks ago she is already starting to manifest a nitrogen deficiency. I'm going to feed her some more manure, stinging nettles and kitchen scraps. Ironically, she enjoyed the cooler and more damp weather of last week and hasn't flopped one day ever since rains started.
I had experienced some sparing habits with plants that did extremely well in 9-10L pots with basic soil, but, this time, this Lebanese seems to be quite voracious. I topped her today, in order to avoid huge colas that could fall victim of mould. It's going to be truly interesting to see how the abnormal branches will react.

Attachments

• photo2053737.jpg
    photo2053737.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 61
  • photo2053738.jpg
    photo2053738.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2053739.jpg
    photo2053739.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 67

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yeah Theorganicguy some Lebaneses can be quite hungry for macro nutrients once they get bigger.
I cannot appreciate well the preflowers yet .... Did already confirm its gender ?

T_bone

Hi all,

Currently growing 2 of these at 49degrees north in a 10g pot

Ive topped both twice. 1 is female another is male. Rigid stems with slight red/purple tint (cooler weather) Both have a mild musky grassy smell. The leaves yellowed after 4 weeks and needed to be plucked off.

They will definitely ripen in time. Maybe mid october.

Nice strain so far

Attachments

• photo2071395.jpg
    photo2071395.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 92
  • photo2071397.jpg
    photo2071397.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20180812 084847
    20180812 084847
    115.9 KB · Views: 76

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome T_bone to ICMag and to our room :wave: Happy to see you growing a couple of Lebaneses and pollinating one with each other.

Tp01

Couple Lebanese plants I made the seed from 12 plants, seeds from ace, and I crossed a Lebanese male to a Nl5haze lady from Mr. Nice and here she is

Attachments

• 3E813E30-FE62-457B-868E-F9F649EA25B5.jpeg
    3E813E30-FE62-457B-868E-F9F649EA25B5.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 117
  • C5FA10B5-4F85-4390-9E1F-4593075BDD25.jpeg
    C5FA10B5-4F85-4390-9E1F-4593075BDD25.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 121
  • EA941D2F-A920-42D7-8777-0D3D1488B296.jpeg
    EA941D2F-A920-42D7-8777-0D3D1488B296.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 121

H.Marks

I remember Leb Red resin when I was 18 ( 1982 ish ) best smoke of my life...

Pure heaven. We bought a quarter ... Roy and me ( good mate... dead now ) and enjoyed listening to Steely Dan Goucho album.

Mellow............

Tp01

H Marks. Dry sift is the Traditional Lebanese way. There are some great videos on you tube of farmers in Lebanon with stalls full of Kif curing.

T_bone

7 week update:

- Culled the male at the 4 week mark. Didnt want him going crazy outdoors. The amount of seeds will be more than enough (maybe 200) for his legacy
- Not much sunshine recently. Mostly cloudy with some rain mixed in. Day temps around 14 degrees and night temps at 8 degrees. No mold yet
- Bud are stacking okay but a bit wispy
- The scent is a lovely hashish (spicy pine musk for an alternative description) but not pungent
- Have added a hand full of organic nutes for flowering which may have curtailed any yellowing /deficiencies.
- No real height growth just buds plumpening

This is a very hands off strain and a beauty to behold. I will continue to monitor it because we have a forecast for contiuous rain ahead and would like to keep things positive.

Attachments

• photo2080504.jpg
    photo2080504.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2080505.jpg
    photo2080505.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 61
  • photo2080506.jpg
    photo2080506.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 74
  • photo2080508.jpg
    photo2080508.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 66

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice chunky Lebanese cola in mid Sept Tp01 and great looking cross with NL/Haze :yes:

Thanks for the update T_bone, glad she is holding some precious beans.
She looks a bit delayed and undeveloped for 3rd week October, most probably due to your latitude and cold temps, try to provide as much direct light as possible.

zaprjaques

Found some Lebanese flowers i had forgotten about and revisited it real quick, and i found it had quite a bit to offer in return to how bad it was grown by me.

It was a squat and early finishing plant.

Soft and kind rather functional stone to the head and great muscle relaxation for my aching back.
The taste also improved quite a lot over time.
Not as good as the longer flowering pheno i had but better than i remembered.
Also better suited for the late afternoon :)
​​​​​At least for me.

I hope i can run them again sometime.

PS:
Also the effect is rather on the short side.
Good for a break. After it wears off i still look a bit stoned haha.

Elf777

I am about to start growing this strain. I only vape, what can I expect in that regard? How is the flavor? Any input appreciated.