What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

olday

Veteran
Luckily when I was checking on her today the burnt rubber seems to be fading out. Can’t pinpoint what she smells like but I hear you on the poisonous - the smell is practically a warning for what is ahead

Subu

Luckily when I was checking on her today the burnt rubber seems to be fading out. Can’t pinpoint what she smells like but I hear you on the poisonous - the smell is practically a warning for what is ahead

That's what I am hoping! I've been wanting to try this strain for over 10 years and am not far off now...

HCMPA

That's what I am hoping! I've been wanting to try this strain for over 10 years and am not far off now...

I hope you try it asap, I must say that it was around 1996/1998 I did some mexican beans that a loved and special traveller cousin gifted me, and is the more close experience that I have to smoke or grow Malawi.

best regards

Subu

I hope you try it asap, I must say that it was around 1996/1998 I did some mexican beans that a loved and special traveller cousin gifted me, and is the more close experience that I have to smoke or grow Malawi.

best regards

Nice! It's looking like my plants are at least 2 weeks away then there's drying and curing of course.

Ironically the plant that took 3-4 weeks to begin showing its sex is now nearly done but the other looks like it may take ~3 weeks

HCMPA

Nice! It's looking like my plants are at least 2 weeks away then there's drying and curing of course.

Ironically the plant that took 3-4 weeks to begin showing its sex is now nearly done but the other looks like it may take ~3 weeks

I'm ready for whatever, but I have a killer leaning that at he end, for god shake is going more in the flowering thing the last 2 weeks, if it end being a short flowering than anticipated I will remember you xD otherwise I see it like first half of December at best

peace

Edit: This morning a nephew smell them, and I told him about the poisonous smell, he's not very smell cannabis educated, he says it smells like "oil fish" :biglaugh:

HCMPA

Nights are not very "hot" as used to be this time of the year, wich I love, days is another "movie", still hot and with a really strong radiation (in fact these last days your skin will burn around here). Malawi #1 is still nice and doesn't seems like she need nutes, still next week I will give her some Bio FLores at half strength. Malawi #2 is more hungry, and in a more advanced flowering state, tomorrow is gonna have some Bio Flores at normal strength, she ask for nutes time to time, and for now I want to anticipate a bit since I use organic nutes.

Best regards.

Malawi ACE Seeds

MALAWI ACE Seeds

blondie

My Malawi is getting close I think. Any thoughts as to how much longer? The smell is still hard to,describe. Earthy, piney, resinous, atouch of skunkiness. Other than the mildew this is doing well. I’m going to try spraying milk on it.

Attachments

• photo2077593.jpg
    photo2077593.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2077592.jpg
    photo2077592.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2077594.jpg
    photo2077594.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2077596.jpg
    photo2077596.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 25
  • photo2077595.jpg
    photo2077595.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 25

Subu

Week 13 day 1 of flowering

The plant on the left is the one that has a 'vanilla cream' smell...

NQR51AL.jpg

Tevp12k.jpg

Last edited:

HCMPA

My Malawi is getting close I think. Any thoughts as to how much longer? The smell is still hard to,describe. Earthy, piney, resinous, atouch of skunkiness. Other than the mildew this is doing well. I’m going to try spraying milk on it.

HArd to say, pics aren't the best, imo looks like she is bearing cold temps, so if you need to do some stash, keep it in mind since cold + humidity are dangerous mix, better chop earlier and have something than take the risk and have nothing (birds in hand worth more than flying birds), but in a perfect scenario she is 4 or 5 weeks at least from chop time.

best regards

Subu

HArd to say, pics aren't the best, imo looks like she is bearing cold temps, so if you need to do some stash, keep it in mind since cold + humidity are dangerous mix, better chop earlier and have something than take the risk and have nothing (birds in hand worth more than flying birds), but in a perfect scenario she is 4 or 5 weeks at least from chop time.

best regards

agreed it looks multiple weeks from being done IMO

Subu

One of my Malawi week 14 day 1 of flowering
Can anyone offer any tips on harvest time? The trichs already look cloudy with 5% amber at 60x but it looks like it needs another week

NyKNRNU.jpg

This is my other Malawi, showing some signs of approaching maturity, looks like it has 2 weeks left. A lot of the plant doesn't look as far along as the below

a50gwuR.jpg

Last edited:

Subu

I'm no expert in indoor Malawi Subu but cloudy trichs with 5 % amber sounds pretty much spot on to me.

Trying to maximise on the psychoactive effects of Malawi. I know you have to be careful with not harvesting these too early if you want the full bang

skoviik

Trying to maximise on the psychoactive effects of Malawi. I know you have to be careful with not harvesting these too early if you want the full bang

love your stance towards psychoactive effects :D Interested and waiting for other opinions.

Latest posts

Latest posts