What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This new website is terrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thailer

I have messages to others as well - messed up - maybe there is a higher grade software to move ICmag into 2021

xenforo is super simple to navigate. the media part is a little tricky to figure out at first it's location if you enjoy having albums but uploading to a post in your thread is simple.

i can not see who likes my post in my notifications. just says user liked your post. i am having to dig through forums to find my threads.

maybe theres a money back guarantee lol

trying to stay positive. pics are improved user experience for me.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?" - Reg, Functioning Leader of the People's Front of Judea

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?" - Reg, Functioning Leader of the People's Front of Judea

right? this free website is the pits! lol the redecoration gypsy just paid for is so ugly! did you see the couch?:biggrin:

krypt

The ability to easily get to last page at the top of page would be excellent!

Also, I recommend replacing the center white map bs to the old plant borders everyone loved

Chi13

ICMag Donor
right? this free website is the pits! lol the redecoration gypsy just paid for is so ugly! did you see the couch?:biggrin:

The price is my sanity at present, and I haven't even been to the Speakers Corner for a few weeks.

Does MyIC still exist? It used to be a great way to send someone a brief message.

The White, The White. The Horror, The Horror.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- this apartment does technically have far more potential than the last one - problem is - I ain't no interior designer expert - so I got rid of the peace-flag ceiling cover - and the Nag-Champa incense burners - and those dirty old leather sofa's - also the thick-pile carpet that rendered up at last 3/4 of an ounce of hash/'erb toking cocktail - and I'm toking on it now - while listening to some new ideas amongst the moaning from you guys - meanwhile the decorators are just doing their own thing -

eyesdownchronic

the pic quality has definitely increased, so thats nice.
beyond increasing the data limits. (i cant post pics right now.) i think these could be helpful tips 1) making it so unread threads are highlighted in the recent posts page. 2) making it so you can see who liked your posts. 3) removing pics from quotes.
also the "no profile pic icon" looks horrible. was better with just the name.
just :2cents:

gizmo666

- this apartment does technically have far more potential than the last one - problem is - I ain't no interior designer expert - so I got rid of the peace-flag ceiling cover - and the Nag-Champa incense burners - and those dirty old leather sofa's - also the thick-pile carpet that rendered up at last 3/4 of an ounce of hash/'erb toking cocktail - and I'm toking on it now - while listening to some new ideas amongst the moaning from you guys - meanwhile the decorators are just doing their own thing -

It's a pity all the redecorating couldn't have been more thought out before the wallpaper was stripped
Oh and please ffs make sure the front door is secure

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Well moaning is not the issue, but only 3 days looks to me a bit short to bring a lot of information icmag has build up since 2005 over into a new jacket of software and don't know if the missing pics we had in our albums are coming back.Personally I've a back up, but some others haven't and they're now not happy with it.The search button is not working either, only via Google you can find the topics, you want to see.

imiubu

At the end of the last page:
"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"
I had just viewed the entire thread. This thread is not locked. 🤔

https://www.icmag.com/forum/ic-maga...y-1st-march-4th-march-2021/page4#post17790419

Woot woot! New Feature? As I began to type in the text for an ^^ Emoticon a pop up appeared to allow for choices. Just click and whalla :)

I intended to "Preview" this post prior to clicking "Post Reply" and received this notice:

error_loading_preview-1

error_information_x-1

Also a nifty new feature is the ability to choose a "More Colors" option for text color customization.
We have the ability to create our own color mix. I do enjoy the option to modify

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
the pic quality has definitely increased, so thats nice.
beyond increasing the data limits. (i cant post pics right now.) i think these could be helpful tips 1) making it so unread threads are highlighted in the recent posts page. 2) making it so you can see who liked your posts. 3) removing pics from quotes.
also the "no profile pic icon" looks horrible. was better with just the name.
just :2cents:

I am lobbying against the rep showing who liked the posts. You can set the notifications on your profile to let you know when people do that. "My ICMag" was one of the better features of the old site.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i agree that only the member should be able to see who has repped his post. We have enough divisive BS being foisted on us already without THAT !

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I haven't been able to find any kind of list of my friends/contacts. It would be really nice to have a list of my friends/contacts again with a link to send a pm.

ButterflyEffect

- it was always going to be a difficult - this transition - but it had to be done - we were running on 15 year old software - that needed upgrading to 2021 - along with so many bolt-on modifications and additions the old site had - that don't migrate so well or at all - to the new format - so we have had to find work-arounds - its been awkward to say the least - and is still in transition - as we improve this new site - to more suit the members and visitors -

All forum sites should be a work in progress that have to change with the times - or they just stagnate - our problem has been not changing enough in the past - so this step has been a great big one - with many more problems than I originally envisaged - but we are working thru them - currently improving the search function amongst many other lose ends -

- for those who have decided to move on - due to these changes - you will be missed - do pop back and see us again - maybe it'll be more to your liking then?
- for those who stick with us - hang on for the ride - it should improve from here on out -

Thanks Gypsy. I very much appreciate all that you do for our community. I'm sure most of the talk of leaving is just frustration. The braintrust is here and we'll work through this. I, for one, would never be the grower that I am without IC!

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-143814~2.png
    Screenshot_20210308-143814~2.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 17

ButterflyEffect

FYI, for those of you looking to track the threads that you comment in easily, there is a way!

1) Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner

2) On the left side, click the 'Sort by' dropdown box and select Last Update. Choose Descending in the dropdown next to that one to put the newest one first.

Also, when you're on your page of threads you're in, there is a small right-pointing arrow next to the date of the last poster. If you click it, it will bring you directly to that last post. This is your way to quickly getting to the most recent posts in any given thread you're in.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I haven't been able to find any kind of list of my friends/contacts. It would be really nice to have a list of my friends/contacts again with a link to send a pm.

It's the subscriber's list but I don't know if it works yet.

What I also miss is leaving and reading comments in the reputation bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.