What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This new website is terrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
For want of where to post this; I appear to have another member's messages and subscriptions.

Same here. A member who's a friend - speaking of which ATUK could we have our friends back instead of "subscribers", please - left a message for a member not on my friend's list and yet it shows up on my end as well. And I am subscribed to threads I never subscribed to.

EsterEssence

Veteran
When I go to a topic I have already posted in it puts me back at page one, I have to type in the last page to get to where I was, what’s up with this?

ButterflyEffect

When I go to a topic I have already posted in it puts me back at page one, I have to type in the last page to get to where I was, what’s up with this?

If you're on your 'My Recent Posts' page, look over to the right where it shows you who posted last in the thread. Look next to the date/time and you'll see a small arrow. Click it and it'll bring you to the last post, and by default, the last page.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Fuck. I love Icmag. I've learned more here than from any site. I've came in contact with people that that made me realize that good people are out there in our community.

I'll have to give Icmag a rest for a while. I shouldn't be stressed out trying to post pics of the plants that calm me down.
Hopefully after a week or so, they will have this shit fixed. Tagging function is great but if I have to jump through twice as many hoops just to post a fucking picture, then forget it.

That was the main gripe from long time members.. that it took forever to just post a picture. Take pic, remove exif data, select an album, upload pic by selecting files one at a time, then copy the url address, then go back to your post and paste the url address. And for god sakes don't forget the fucking brackets.
Now you guys made it even harder to find? And once you find it and follow multiple steps, pics won't upload?

​​​​​​​Seriously... What were you thinking?!?

Hopefully this isn't goodbye. I'll never forget the mag

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay I'll try to not moan, I uploaded a photo to my album as usual. It took very long to upload. The result was pixelated like crazy. I clicked on 'edit' and it asked for text; clicked back; asked if I wanted to leave site; clicked on my name; asked if I wanted to leave site; clicked refresh and recent posts to get here. Navigating is a bit cumbersome in comparison to the old version. The same thing happened updating my forum. Lost many good features, documents and photos

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the subscriber's list but I don't know if it works yet.

What I also miss is leaving and reading comments in the reputation bar.

I deleted half of them before I realized subscribers means friends.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hang in there all, and be patient... the web guys have mostly got the pics working today and i've been communicating back and forth with them all day... they are working very hard but there is a LOT of stuff to fix, so it will take a while.
For me pictures are very important and are very much the currency here if you want to learn about growing or find strains or buy / sell seeds.. so i'm feeling much better about the new site.
VG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why would you not set up a test group to run the new site through testing all of its functions before putting it online. With this many issues seems like someone jumped the gun way too soon. Lots of the issues could have been fixed or at least known they need fixing. Get as many of them done before putting it online. Seems like an odd way to do this.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
why would you not set up a test group to run the new site through testing all of its functions before putting it online. With this many issues seems like someone jumped the gun way too soon. Lots of the issues could have been fixed or at least known they need fixing. Get as many of them done before putting it online. Seems like an odd way to do this.

I think people like me are just happy that the site is up in some form. That was a long 72 hours.

gizmo666

Sadly the impression I'm getting is
This was getting done whether anyone liked it or not
And if you don't like it leave......
The site could have and should have been tested before it went live
It's a great pity to all the folks who lost photos and documents
So let's get the truth please will it all be sorted?
How long will it take?
Or is the truth icmag will never be the same again

On a side note I got 3 502 messages trying just to post this

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This doesn't suck, it's just new. Remember what windows10 did to your feathers?

Get over it. You'll be better off for it in the end.

xerb

This new website is still terrible.

I am missing all my contacts and PM's.

My grow journal also seems to have disappeared.

Does anybody have access to their PM's?

Where should I look for the grow journals?

All my links/bookmarks are broken.

I've had enough aggravation for the day. I'm outta here.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sadly the impression I'm getting is
This was getting done whether anyone liked it or not
And if you don't like it leave......
The site could have and should have been tested before it went live
It's a great pity to all the folks who lost photos and documents
So let's get the truth please will it all be sorted?
How long will it take?
Or is the truth icmag will never be the same again

On a side note I got 3 502 messages trying just to post this

Gypsy has every right to do as he pleases with the site. It's not a democracy. The only opinion that matters is his. I just think it was done hastily. Much more testing would have been a better approach.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
This doesn't suck, it's just new. Remember what windows10 did to your feathers?

Get over it. You'll be better off for it in the end.

Actually I had to install all sorts of third party shit to make windows 10 look and act in a logical manner, and not act like it owned my PC and do WTF I told it to do instead of microFuckingsoft corporation..F that..lets hope the beloved mag does not go the route of windows 10 LOL..worst roll out ever and still not many fans, windows 10 that is. Can there not be a theme, to say look like it used to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts