What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting ready to fire up the grill! I have some Black Angus Steaks. Boneless Ribeyes. They have been marinading for over 20 hours in SoyVay/OJ Concentrate. I have some cherry, and Nectarine trees with the smoker wood branches ready for harvest. We will smoke them low and slow!

We can check on the plants while we barbeque.

picture.php

Nice....

:wave:

Kushed_

And who amongst us denies liking the living we make? Our pricing operates on simple supply and demand. Considering 20% annual drops for the last 3 years, gluts, shortages and constant changes in law, only a business intent on failure would not accept the price that the market will bare.

There are plenty of unscrupulous growers who exploit people and the plant, but they generally grow shit weed. (Can I hear an AMEN?) There are also middlemen and dealers raping you every week calling that shit weed Kush and selling it to you for 60/8th. That's not even close characterizing to the contingent of commercial growers on IC.

AMEN!!

There is so much crap weed in California the last 2-3 years. I am glad more and more dispensaries are testing the MMJ. One that I sell to recently tested their top indoor strain. What they found was 13.5% THC and bugs, but it looked good.

nomaad

Veteran
did it smell and taste good? I'd rather smoke twice as much yummy stinky herb than smoke tasteless 25% THC strains... Not that I have to do that...

I am going to have my black box tested for THC.

Bugs are OK... its the stuff that gets rid of them being on the processed flowers that is problematic.

P

pineolene

did it smell and taste good? I'd rather smoke twice as much yummy stinky herb than smoke tasteless 25% THC strains... Not that I have to do that...

Bugs are OK... its the stuff that gets rid of them being on the processed flowers that is problematic.

THC% means so little. Most of the favorite genetics are OGs, and they test lower THC, a favorite Larry's OG pheno has been testing as low as 9%. Its all about the terps (smell).

I would rather smoke a fungus gnat than smoke some avermectin (avid) or whatever the kids are using these days.

Kushed_

It has gotten so bad in the last 5 yrs., and what I mean by that is, the chemicals that are being used to kill bugs, mold, powdery mildew, etc. I will not smoke any MMJ that I don't know how it was grown, so to answer your question-no I did not smoke/smell any of it.

I am not saying bad MMJ is the norm., but there is a lot of it. Maybe I am just getting old and picky.

Kushed_

THC% means so little. Most of the favorite genetics are OGs, and they test lower THC, a favorite Larry's OG pheno has been testing as low as 9%. Its all about the terps (smell).

I would rather smoke a fungus gnat than smoke some avermectin (avid) or whatever the kids are using these days.

I agree, THC only plays a part in the overall effect. I had Banana Goo that tested at 13.3, Bubba Kush at 17.7, and GDP that was 22.3 I thought the Bubba was the strongest. The Banana Goo was stoney, but it had the srongest (good) smell.

Fungus gnat!, that is funny! But the Avid is just one reason I don't hit every joint that comes my way.

Right on! Aroma and flavor, and quality of the effect are more important than just high potency.

I like these last few posts on this thread...I have come to the point where I am only interested in using what I have grown, or what friends have grown that I know were conscientiousabout their grow. Too much scary shit being used on indoors these days... Glad to see that others feel the same way.

SkunkWorks

As far as the pure sativas go, your never gonna get them to catch on for comercial growers. unless you can get lil wayne to talk about a 120 day thai in one of his songs. there will never be enough demand to drive the price up to were it needs to be to make it worth while.
exactly. the only way to get a great sativa in cali is a proper green house using sunlight because electricity for a 90 day plus strain is too much and not enough people will pay to make it cost effective from a growers point of view and I'm not even talking a greedy point of view but at least a good normal profit.

What will all the growers and people who are off the radar that make money in the weed game do when food, energy and basic living expenses continue to go up? Add to that unemployment going up. So as people loss their jobs they have to make a decision to eat and have place to live or get high? The hardcore will ship it out of state but mass majority of people are not commercial hardcore like that.

It's going to be very interesting here in the next year as the 2012 election approaches.

HowdyDoody

Wow, prices have def fallen! $1,500 all day for Bubba, OG, GrapeApe.... trainwreck fetches $1,200 but everyone passes on the wreck. I really would like to see what happens come Dec/Jan, I don't think Cali prices will recover.

HowdyDoody

Oh, BTW, I believe there's just as much product from Colorado as there is from Cali where I'm at. So, that will definitely be a determining factor.

nomaad

Veteran
LOL. Desperate sellers are the only reason for prices that low.

As soon as all the upside-down losers are done dumping their herb for ridiculously low prices things will rebound. Like they do every year.

Not to mention that anybody with a brain can see clearly that this was not nearly as good a year as last. Losses to mold and root pathogens was very high. Yields were below expectations all over the place. Because of the weather, lots of stuff came down early in a panic and the result is lots and lots of B grade early stuff is a major part of the flood.

Bottom feeders and smart brokers are still finding deals. There is even plenty of high grade outdoor available for bargain prices... why? Because even a lot of good growers are bad businessmen and are in a position where they will pretty much sell for anything so they can pay their trimmers, landlords, back PG&E etc etc.

The smart businessman is buying up quality fire-sale doje at $12-$1500 that will be easy to sell at 22 come March... by May, I predict prices to be even higher than that and when deps come down (and the crushers start popping the nitro packs from OD2011) good gear will be going for 27.

As always in a black market, prices are highly dynamic from neighborhood to neighborhood. The price of an eighth in kalamazoo STILL has not dropped significantly so there are plenty of people willing to pay a little (and a lot) more for the pound they can still make a killing on when it gets broke down. The super low prices are being forced by slick operators who know what they are doing and who have been on the ground since September lining up the most desperate sellers they can find.

My advice to all the upside-downers I talk to is to sell only what they need to keep the lights on. Prices will be back up in a couple of months... just like they have been every year.

Of course, I am talking about the A-AAA gear. Anything goes with early and crappy stuff. There are a couple of million pounds out there of the stuff that gives outdoor a bad name... Just like years past, it will flood the market and just like years past things will level out and quality will rise to the top.

If you're dropping your pants for A grade, you're silly. Hike them shits back up, tighten the belt and wait for a cooler market. If your herb is not "wow, i can call this stuff indoor in chicago without getting laughed at", don;t bother. Just get some lube and make the best of it.

N

Nondual

From everything I've seen and heard Nomaad is spot on end expect it to play out like he says.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Almost half of ours(Daywrecker Headband, and LA Conf) went for 3K, all at once. I just cant say where. Its gone! Poof! Slurp! They want all the Hash from these plants next.

zenoonez

Veteran
3k a p has gotta be headed outta state to a good market. Nomaad and Nondual are right, alot of people hurting for money are pushing out stuff for below 15 a #. Everything is moving though, from AAA to stuff that needs to be hashed all getting bought processed and moved. Smart farmers sell their b grade early and only enough to get them by and save all the rest in turkey bags for later in the season. Shit by July people will be paying crazy for just about anything if they are moving shit outta state. I know I heard some crazy prices toward the end of summer this year. Just be mindful people, don't spend yourself into a position where you need to sell your stuff early and you will make much more money.

N

Nondual

Almost half of ours(Daywrecker Headband, and LA Conf) went for 3K, all at once. I just cant say where. Its gone! Poof! Slurp! They want all the Hash from these plants next.
Seems high grade outdoor in state still commands a premium.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
This should fetch a tune as well

This should fetch a tune as well

Just got this all trimmed. Super strong Nevilles Haze. Nevil is a buddy of mine, he told me it looks real good.got a few pounds off this one plant. hard nuggs. Its so different from what people are used to that they trip on it. Taste like sour orange/tropical. Instant headrushes.

picture.php

You have to have triple A grade to pull top dollar right now. Conniseurs will pay for what they want

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yummy nevilles,
this thread cracks me up, so what price drops, too bad at least its somewhat safe n legit, also its prolly not nervous sellers driving theprice down, its called supply n demand

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
i want to taste the one nug at bottom right that looks different from the others..lol

Reach out, here it comes. LOL Actually I was standing next to the mother room. Thats sodium light hitting it made it look that way. Its all, Tip, Top Shelf. The volitile organic vapors when you stick your head into that sack, are so intense, your eyes water, and your nasal passages open up.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
And heres the Mango Haze

And heres the Mango Haze

picture.php

Bigger then Baseball Bats

picture.php

Solid, meaty, Organic, wonderfuly tasty Mango Haze has its nitch in the market with people who crave for it.

picture.php