What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Thunderstorms and heavy rain going on in the high country at the moment, lightening everywhere.

THIS IS GOOD

picture.php

Might have to put a few more out, perfect time.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
shit h.c. looks really good product man, for sure 1000w they make difference !!
keep it up into the peak h.c.!!!
can't wait for more shot!!!

High Country

Veteran
shit h.c. looks really good product man, for sure 1000w they make difference !!
keep it up into the peak h.c.!!!
can't wait for more shot!!!

Life goes on killerweed, another SOG done, I've got enough to keep me going for a little while, so it's time to experiment again, colloidal silver, feminised seed. I'll give this two months then get the SOG going again.

In the meantime I have a few mums ticking over to keep this strain secure, 60 all up, just have to pick about 24 of the best. What to do with the rest?

High Country

Veteran
OUTDOOR UPDATE

OUTDOOR UPDATE

Some may recall a bunch of clones I put out prior to a major strorm that caused floods and general chaos up here all over the place. These clones were in a flooded out area. So this morning I got the trusty old KTM dirt bike out to see what I could find. This time I managed to get there even though the tracks in are still officially closed due to damage.

TWO SURVIVED THE FLOODS

picture.php

I DON'T THINK THEY LIKED BEING UNDER WATER

picture.php

The rest were gone, no where to be seen, oh well, I guess only the strongest survive. Then it was back on the dirt bike and off to another site. This time things were starting to look a little better.

15 OLD MUMS ARE HERE BASKING IN THE SUN. ALL LOOK PRETTY HEALTHY, MULTIPLE BRANCHES FROM ALL THE CLONES I TOOK OFF THEM. HERE ARE SOME OF THE MUMS

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

THE MUMS NEW HOME IS SURROUNDED BY FLOWERING WATTLES

picture.php

No animals have started eating them yet and we've just had a day of more good rain and the sunny days of summer are fast approaching. It's starting to warm up in the high country and the snow is melting fast.

Still waiting for the colloidal silver generator to arrive, hopefully next week.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
look great HC :) they are gonna be monsters... will you be watering these at all or letting nature do its thing ?

High Country

Veteran
look great HC :) they are gonna be monsters... will you be watering these at all or letting nature do its thing ?

I was thinking about stuff like that today shroomy, unfortunately I was on a motorbike so wasn't in a position to carry much, wearing body armour is uncomfortable enough. But I think I will get the 4WD out and take up a load of hydro veg nutes at about 1.8 EC, probably need a good feed adjusting to their new environment. Bit different to sitting under an HID nice and warm and cosy, Then they survive on rain water.

O

orfeas

Feminised seed will ensure it's survival in the event of any catastrophe.

Hi there High Country, forgive my asking but how do feminized seeds contribute to perpetuating a strain more than regular ones do
since the one you've had going for years is so stabilized?

High Country

Veteran
Feminised seed will ensure it's survival in the event of any catastrophe.

Hi there High Country, forgive my asking but how do feminized seeds contribute to perpetuating a strain more than regular ones do
since the one you've had going for years is so stabilized?

I've got no males, only girls. If I get a major spider mite attack I could lose it. They have tried in the past. This is a clone only strain. I have never had a male plant of this strain.

If I can reverse it and pollinate another mum or two, I will have a back up if it all goes to shit. Maintaining mums over a long period of time is a mission. At the moment I don't want to cross it with anything, but maybe times will change if I can be convinced. I don't want to lose this classic indica.. Might be a good cross with a Haze though.

It's interesting though cos when I originally germinated these seeds there was a indica and sativa pheno. The sativa pheno hermied on me. The indica is a rock solid performer no matter what. I need a back up though.

High Country

Veteran
One more thing orfeas, I have some friends running this same strain and they haven't crossed it with anything, so that is just another strategy to maintain it. Might be time to cross it though. Any suggestions? This plant is very stable, One friend did try to cross it with a sativa and it stayed the same.

High Country

Veteran
orfeas, I am not an experienced breeder, I only know horticulture, growing, propagation and the like, but colloidal silver appeals to me, STS and GA3 are not on the agenda at the moment, yet.

O

orfeas

appreciate your prompt response HC!

Your clarification undoes my confusion.

You aren't an experienced breeder, I am not a breeder whatsoever, just relishing a bit of horticulture when I can get hold of some spare time. Compared to your experience mine would seem rather meagre, hence my enjoying shuffling through your excellent threads-"your" meant in plural- and learning quite a bit...

As to your asking me for suggestions about crossing, I am def convinced that those mates of yours--Kanga & the rest--must have a lot more to say.
However, were I in your shoes, I would give it a try with this KM pre-'98 , but then her Kali not being rock solid stable strain, you're going to end up with different phenos and supposed to take quite a number of cultivations to get the desired one...don't know really.

Wish you every luck though, I'll stay tuned to see what you will come out with when your thought goes into gear.
Stay safe and tuned!

Orfeas

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
ak47 2000 stock ;) breeds true to anything that male has a one night stand with :)

sensi star is also another strain that will pump up just about anything it breeds with :D

High Country

Veteran
appreciate your prompt response HC!

Your clarification undoes my confusion.

You aren't an experienced breeder, I am not a breeder whatsoever, just relishing a bit of horticulture when I can get hold of some spare time. Compared to your experience mine would seem rather meagre, hence my enjoying shuffling through your excellent threads-"your" meant in plural- and learning quite a bit...

As to your asking me for suggestions about crossing, I am def convinced that those mates of yours--Kanga & the rest--must have a lot more to say.
However, were I in your shoes, I would give it a try with this KM pre-'98 , but then her Kali not being rock solid stable strain, you're going to end up with different phenos and supposed to take quite a number of cultivations to get the desired one...don't know really.

Wish you every luck though, I'll stay tuned to see what you will come out with when your thought goes into gear.
Stay safe and tuned!

Orfeas

ak47 2000 stock ;) breeds true to anything that male has a one night stand with :)

sensi star is also another strain that will pump up just about anything it breeds with :D

Thank you both for your comments, much appreciated. I'll outline my strategy below to produce feminised seed.

• I have transplanted 2 old mother plants into larger pots, they were root bound. These have just been heavily hydrated and are under the 430W HPS on 18/6.
HOPEFULLY I CAN TURN THESE GIRLS INTO BOYS

picture.php

• Await arrival of colloidal silver generator. Hopefully in the next couple of days.
  • Produce colloidal silver at about 40 ppm.
  • Spray above mother plants twice daily for about a week on 18/6.
  • Switch to 12/12 and put the plants under the 1000W. I will probably hang the bulb vertically cos these old mums will go big on me.
  • Continue spraying twice daily until, hopefully, male flowers appear.
  • Let these male flowers develop until I can collect pollen.
  • In the meantime transplant a couple of other large old mums into larger pots. Under the 430W HPS and get them healthy, they're OK at the moment maybe a little rootbound.
  • When I've got the pollen kill the colloidal silver sprayed plants.
  • Move the mothers to be under the 1000W HPS and on to 12/12.
  • Start the pollination process at about 3 weeks.
  • Week 6-8, feminised seeds, maybe
  • Trial these seeds, let's say, 10.

Mind you it might all just go to shit and not work then I will probably just give up and go fishing.

High Country

Veteran
lol i'm sure it'll be fine mate looks like you've planned it out well anyway :D can't wait to watch how things go

We shall see what happens darwin, maybe nothing, maybe something. I have gone over PhenoMenal's thread on colloidal silver many times and done countless searches on this and other sites. I'm not going to start another thread on this cos these are MY LITTLE SOG plants and just another part of the story of this strain. This little aussie battler might not put out 1 male flower, it hasn't yet.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah but you've got to remember it may be able to be chemically forced to putting out males more than it would ever be able to with other environmental stresses like ph, temp, light regime etc. if so, then your girl is a perfect specimen for the creation of high quality fem seed. those which will only show male flowers when treated with chemicals and never do due to more natural stresses. i'm sure whatever happens will surprise you hehe

WOW, way too advanced for me, but i remember seeing years ago, was this done by using GA, i think a product called monsta-bud had the shit in it...?

High Country

Veteran
WOW, way too advanced for me, but i remember seeing years ago, was this done by using GA, i think a product called monsta-bud had the shit in it...?

GA3, gibberellic acid, serves lots of uses in farming of normal plants. do a google search and there are shit loads of pages. I've found a few suppliers in oz so it's there if you want to try it. You can get it in powder form and then dilute it in water.

I am not sure if the producers realized it would reverse the sex in cannabis plants. I would love to know how the major seed suppliers do it, I suspect STS.

Monsta bud and a few other additives like Ozi Tonic, I think it's called, have gibberellic acid in them too, but they are not marketed for sex reversal use and I would not use them for this little project.

I'll just stick with what other people have done like PhenoMenal and hope for the best. I've seen people who have claimed to have done it with colloidal silver but have not shown the results.

I will document everything, the colloidal silver production, the application, the collecting of the pollen (if any), and the pollination of other girls resulting in seeds. Then a germination trial of 10 seeds, flower them and see what happens. If I get any seeds that is.

I would still love to know how seed banks do it though, I suspect STS, which can be hard to come by.

O

orfeas

One more question High Country!
Supposing your scheme comes off as desired, which I hope will since your planning is so meticulous, will the outcome entail the characteristics you're after or will you end up with hermie trails and the like?
I'll keep me fingers crossed though...

P.S. In my mother tongue there's a saying that goes "A fine start is half the project done":)

High Country

Veteran
THE QUEST FOR FEMINISED SEED BEGINS

THE QUEST FOR FEMINISED SEED BEGINS

The colloidal silver generator has arrived so now we embark on a rather interesting experiment.

THE ELECTRODES ARE IN PLACE, THE ROUND BASE IS A THERMAL STIRRER, THIS KEEPS THE SOLUTION MOVING THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS

picture.php

DISTILLED WATER IN THE JAR, PLUG HER IN, SWITCH HER ON, AND AWAY WE GO.

picture.php

Tomorrow the solution will be ready and application will begin immediately. Will it work, who knows. Like I said, if it doesn't I'm going fishing. If it does work I'll go fishing too.

Latest posts

Latest posts