What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Your hemisphere is cool :)

Nice ladies!

I miss planting out in the bush.

:cry:

Both hemispheres have there good and bad points. I like the high country areas and used to work at a ski area in Lake Tahoe, California, big mountains, big snow and lots of good smoke. Had a great time in California, friendly people.

High Country

Veteran
awesome grow, you never failed h.c. i like it to much, keep up the great job alwayz!!!

I've failed many times along the way but I like experimenting and gathering information. Particularly from this site.

This is only a plant so any horticultural information that can be obtained is useful, particularly cloning. Nurseries have been propagating plants for 100's of years.

Bottom heat, misting, fogging and environmental controls have been added to ensure an extremely high strike rate of clones. I like searching on the net for that sort of stuff.

High Country

Veteran
THINK I WILL FLUSH FOR THE FIRST TIME

THINK I WILL FLUSH FOR THE FIRST TIME

The SOG is as good as finished but the plants are still drinking heavily. So all I am doing is adding tap water, no more nutes, keep pH at about 5.8. EC has now dropped to about 1.1 from 2.0 EC. Nearly harvest time.

The big mums next to go outside are firing under 430W HPS and veg nutes. Others to follow.

70 clones looking great, responding to veg nutes and 430W HPS. Another very high strike rate by the looks of it

mmm...what to do with possibly 70 new clones......I'll think of something.

High Country

Veteran
Nice HC!!! Damn this grow is amazing bro ;) You have her dialed in bro ;)

It's a pretty reliable strain and a very good product, still the best smoke I've had for 8 years and maintained. Way better than some of the so called Haze strains I have tried. Growing wise I just stick to pretty standard horticultural practices .........and patience.

High Country

Veteran
A TASTE OF THINGS TO COME

A TASTE OF THINGS TO COME

8 weeks are nearly up, the SOG is good to go and one cola was starting to flop over, so I chopped it.

SINGLE COLA, ABOUT 800 MILLIMETER LONG, WITH A CAN OF BEER........35 COLAS LEFT

picture.php

COUCH LOCK COUNTRY

picture.php

THAT'S NEAR THE BASE OF THE COLA

picture.php

1000W is proving to be a good choice, producing bud from the bottom to the top of the cola, each cola about 800 millimeter long. Bud extends up from the very base of each plant, 36 of them.

I like SOG'S, quick, not too much work except for producing the clones. Luckily I have a very reliable indica strain. This plant has been my best find ever.

Got a little bit of trimming to do soon when the rest come down. Can't be bothered at the moment, had a busy day at work.

High Country

Veteran
A COMPARISON, CLONE TO COLA

A COMPARISON, CLONE TO COLA

I've done the first trim on one single cola, main fan leaves, I'll do one more trim, not too much, leaves are covered in trichomes.

BESIDE A TRAY OF 70 CLONES AND THE FAN LEAVES FROM THE SINGLE COLA

picture.php

The only dodgy clone is the one on the bottom left, but it has roots and should be good.

EVERY SINGLE CLONE NOW HAS ROOTS AND THEY ARE GROWING

picture.php

I am pretty close to calling this clone run a 100% strike rate, all have roots now but I only call it if they grow and survive for 3 1/2 weeks. Sphagnum Moss, works pretty well.

Each of these clones can be grown like the large single cola. Each one will be identical, I know this strain very well now.

High Country

Veteran
MY LITTLE SOG COMES DOWN

MY LITTLE SOG COMES DOWN

It's been about 8 weeks for this strain so it was time. The trichs have been good to go for a while now. I gave them a bit of extra time to see if they fattened up a bit more.

36 SINGLE COLAS

picture.php

AFTER THE FIRST TRIM

picture.php

THE PRODUCT

picture.php

ANOTHER TYPICAL GROW FOR THIS STRAIN

picture.php

YUMMY

picture.php

The colas are now on a drying rack in total darkness with a fan on them. One more final trim then into the jars they go for a cure. I was quite impressed with the performance of the 1000W HPS. Each cola has total bud coverage from top to bottom. The strain performed as it always has in the 8 years I have grown it, reliably, no surprises. It continues to respond well to a high nute regime and it still loves to flower. After cloning this plant for many years nothing has changed. The mums continue to produce quality clones. The smoke remains the same, indica couch lock.

That's enough SOG growing for a while, I have enough for myself and friends, I need a break from the indoors. I have clones for a new batch of mother plants which I will pot up in the next couple of days. The mums will ensure the survival of this clone only strain.

I still have some old mums to put outside with the others. Should be interesting to see what it can do. So the indoor SOGGING is having a little holiday as we move to the great outdoors and a summer of sun.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
HC my brother. You are a master of the craft. Is it just me or did they get even fatter this time :)

High Country

Veteran
HC my brother. You are a master of the craft. Is it just me or did they get even fatter this time :)

Thanks heaps, another SOG bites the dust and yes they were fatter. I think this is the difference 1000W can make, especially with a new globe.

High Country

Veteran
THE MAIN MUMS ARE GOING OUT

THE MAIN MUMS ARE GOING OUT

These are the 5 main mums I have used for clones. They have donated clones many times and now have many branches and are about 12 months old.

TAKEN OUTSIDE AND HYDRATED HEAVILY

picture.php

GOING TO BE LOTS OF COLAS COMING OUT OF THESE GIRLS

picture.php

WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS

picture.php

They are in large pots so bush walking to remote locations is not possible. So this means get the 4WD and head out early before dawn. These are going to have to go close to a bush track, hopefully I can find enough cover for them. Interesting times. 10 other mums have to go out at some time as well.

When these go out there will be 23 mature mums, a bunch of clones in a location I still can't get to because the tracks are closed due to flood damage, 4 sites in total. I'll see if I can get to the clones anyway, this could be a bit of a mission, should be fun.

Latest posts

Latest posts