What's new

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

G

i was truly disappointed when i grew ruderalis indica out of curiousity. it didnt even finish early. sure, it began flowering at the 5th node, but it was a few pistils a week until the end of september. my afghanis beside it finished faster and absolutely killed it as far as potency goes. ruderalis indica is what i would smoke once i was out of everything else and was pretty drunk.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I might get flamed for this but I had poor results with BOG's Lifesaver, growing it outside. The average temp that summer was about 98 degrees and they just didn't like it out there. When you expect pure gold and get bronze instead it's a bit disappointing. I'm sure it's a kick-ass indoor plant but it faired poorly outdoors in hot/very hot weather. On the other hand, the Mazar i grew the year before THRIVED in the heat and produced beyond expectations.

shasta

I'm following this one with interest...if 8 of 10 say something suks, it probably does and that's good enough for me. OK the question. Had planned a DP Blueberry grow from seed, purchased and in the fridge and have since read not one good thing here about this one. Also got DP's Blue Moonshine at the same time, is that one worth the trouble?

I've wanted to try growing a mostly indica "blue" for a while, many thanks to you guys for any advice.

Oh, and I read somewhere that fem seed stock is no good for seed production, that true?

Shasta

G

I feel awkward when it comes to posting non-positive opinions on strains, as id never like to discourage from trying a strain someone may be interested in due to my opinion.
And as many stated its not always the case that you obtained a fair representation of what the breeder intended due to; luck of the draw, bad fem ratio leaving you will little chance of observing an accurate representation, stress induced problems can play a role, and in the end the grower that grew that has the ulimante effect.
With all those factors one persons opinoion is entirely subjective, as most opinoins are. I still find a use for an opinion when details pertaining to variables and situational facotrs are presented aswell to help understand the opinion.

That being said, My most disapointing grows have been the following

Pulral of kush - KushxProduct 19 ~ They were free becuse high change of sex reversal and boy they sure did.

Bog - Grape punch - Hermi prone ~POSSIBLE LIGHT LEAK~, otherwise tasty and a decent stone, expected more "punch" though. I ONLY GREW OUT HALF THE PACK.
~Still love bogs work, and his sour bubble is awsome and will never leave the garden.

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
well lets say i was really interested in a strain and came to this thread and seen the strain i like or wanted to try (which i have), it wouldn't bother me that much, but if ALOT of people said it wasn't that great and had the same problems i would definatly not get it, especially if it's people with good credit and have been growing a long time and has tried alot of strains.

if you continually here " low yield bad smoke " "not anything it was suppose to be" "hermie prone" "low potency" about the same strain it's a good chance it's true.

same goes if you continually here great things about a strain there's a good chance it's true......someone somewhere is always not gonna be happy and complain even if it was there fault so you can't always believe everything....but when the #'s of complaints get high on the same strain well then you better start believing....just my thoughts on it....peace

REZDOG

Veteran
Time2Unite said:
you'll like the bluemoonshine even if it's DP's

....Actually,I grew DP's Blue Moonshine,and imo it was garbage,too.

FYI: Those 'supposed' licensed strains that DP sells of "DJ's" are NOT approved by DJ Short himself,at ALL-in fact,from what I understand,it's just selections from DJ Short seedpacks,re-bred,and DJ untimately got fucked on the whole deal.
Perhaps that's why DP's DJ Knockoff line sucks ass as bad as it does....KARMA.
Fuck it,why pull punches?
It's almost as bad as Derry at Barney's Farm buying Nirvana seeds and relabelling them.....as Barney's Farm seeds.
(That's when Derry's not using the local police to settle his disputes with breeders that he has disagreements with....ie.snitching their rooms out....)
Nice business these stand-up 'pillars' of the Amsterdam marijuana community
pull,eh?
I don't give a fuck what Derry from Barney's or Henck from DP think of my comments,they're both so filthy fucking rich they couldn't give a rat's ass what anybody thinks....

My .02

Dutch Passion WISH they could get Strawberry Cough like this!!

11061test.jpg

70s_PotHead

I don't know Rezdog, I grew out 2 DP Blue moonshine and they totally kicked ass in looks, smell and taste, honestly maybe I got lucky but the to 2 girls I flowered smelled like BB pie :yummy:

70s :joint:

Guest423

Veteran
my buddy has 1 awesome pheno of bluemoonshine from DP.

i got 1 awesome pheno of SC from DP, the rest of the plants were bunk for some reason though. here's a pic of the keeper pheno i was lucky enough to get....but i didn't keep it lol

G

Tokin that shit right now^^^^

i had heard(this is not fact) that DJ made a deal with DP, but when they didnt wanna let him control the breedin per agreement, DJ left, and DP has gone on to muddle the line.

also a bit i was told by another seedmaker, is that DPs SC offerin originated with a Strawberry sativa outta austrailia, not the SC from the US. the guy in the land down under was the one who supplied the strawberry to um, and DP shafted the dude, never payin up. dont know how true it is, but seems ya would bitch a bit if DP did that to ya?

hey Rez, beauty shot as always. kushmans SC, i ran a small plant through and smokin on a few now at a week in the jar. no doubt potent, but she has a dank/dark berry aroma and taste. have another larger plant a few weeks in that ill pay closer attention to, you need to taste the SB creme cut i have rez, much different aromas and taste.

some day eh

CBF

masterlow37

Veteran
from alot of observation over the last couple years, some strains seem to be like a lottery, when you hit it you really get something truly special

G

i had to skip to the end because ass blower was making me sick, dont you know what a total retard you sound like, let me guess, 22, livin in moms basement, making crappy little bongs on a $150 lathe (10gs my ass), with 3 sd clones gowing in a coleman cooler, go back to a "blowin" cause your insecure arrogant attitude has already ruined this thread,
anyhoo in my opinion ive had bad luck with bubbleberry, mtf, and dutch treat, but ive only got 50 posts so i what do i know

G

KGB47 said:
I might get flamed for this but I had poor results with BOG's Lifesaver, growing it outside. The average temp that summer was about 98 degrees and they just didn't like it out there. When you expect pure gold and get bronze instead it's a bit disappointing. I'm sure it's a kick-ass indoor plant but it faired poorly outdoors in hot/very hot weather. On the other hand, the Mazar i grew the year before THRIVED in the heat and produced beyond expectations.
No, no, sometimes it just doesn't go that well with the LS ime.

G

TAG-monk said:
Pike, by SB you obviously mean SourBubble , rigth?

SB BX1, BX2, BX3, BX4?

Thanks

no im pimpin my own strawberry cough cut :wave:

called strawberry creme.

CBF

shasta

Sounds like a toss up so far on the DP Moonshine, any other growers advice on this one? The plan was to have a mix grow, a "blue" strain with fem WW from seed...hoping for one blue male to knock up the whole room. But I read somewhere seeds produced from fem stock were no good?

Shasta

Guest423

Veteran
dj's bluemoonshine if you can find it

i've heard alot of good things on blue thunder from reeferman, but i have some going now and they are the slowest vegging plant i've ever seen imo.

G

was Blue Moonlite a parent of the Moonshine? have grown a few of the Moonlite, and they were big thick purple chunks as far as bud. dont remember how it tasted. seems it was more of a indica buzz to me.

CBF

Guest423

Veteran
not exactly sure on the lineage of the bluemoonshine...it seems to be a little more of a kept secret then the other strains but here's a quote from dj himself

Blue Moonshine IS NOT a White Widow cross. It is similar to the "Whites" only in its glandular resin coating. Blue Moonshine is a cousin to Blueberry, and is derived entirely from within my personal gene pool collection.D.J.Short

Latest posts

Latest posts