What's new

Super Easy, Super PIMP 400w Box!

G

lookin great! you should do a massive scrog on that and I bet you could yield a bit more. scrog might be hard to combine with a perpetual harvest though. alright, scrap my scrog idea. I really like how you set it up though. Simple, affordable, EFFECTIVE

killabrown420

your right soco, a scrog would definately yield me more... i went this route because I have limited veg space and wattage, which only allows me to do a couple plants lst style in my veg cabs. I got a lot of stuff going and like to keep the variety up...this way its never longer than a month before new stuff comes down...but yield does take a hit, I could be getting nugs twice as big if I did a standard scrog, hydro of course, with a U screen around the cooltube I could be doubling my yield....hmmm you got me thinking...oh no here we go lol

while it is tempting to jump into a new project since this one is more or less complete, I have a lot going on outside of the growroom that keeps me plenty busy

believe it or not all of this is for personal stash...a lot gets smoked with friends, a whole lot actually..lol we haven't run out yet, but we've come close

point is yield is not overly a concern, I know I'm wasting potential grams by not doing a massive scrogg like I really want to do (check out my old cabinet scrogg pics in my gally)

man this great white shark has got me so spaced out...video game high weed lol

Ominous Big Black box in an outside storage building. Is it anywhere near your power meter? Mine is and I worry about the meter reader smelling the grow. During one summer I noticed the smell was very strong near the power meter and I moved it (the grow). Now the wind is blowing strong and the grow has started up again. No odours linger since the wind is so strong. I am worried the smell will get stronger and be noticed. You told me 1ce that you don't use odour control so is it where someone can smell it, besides the mexicans next door?

:bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :joint: :kos:

Hit us with some more photo updates please!

Last edited:

killabrown420

Hey there OJ, yeah I was careless for not using any odor control, I thought the breeze would be enough to dissipate any smell, and it did at first, but once I got the cab full of stinky ass plants it was a totally different story. I had a couple of my friends tell me they could smell herb as they were pulling in the driveway. No bueno... now I use a carbon scrubber along with the pinesol DWC "ghetto odor control" which I'm still skeptical of.

My power meter is right outside the grow, so yeah I worried about that at first, until I got a letter from the power company that they were installing new power meters that could be checked from the street by the power employee....so that was a big sigh of relief

My grow is sealed, but odor still finds a way out, especially late in flower when all my buds start reeking of blueberries, road kill, and pine sol... lol
The scrubber definately helps and keeps the whiff's down to a minimum.

As for pics, heres a pic of the cool tube I redesigned. The cool tube thread calls for 6" to 4" adapters, which left an inch of overlap that was a pain in the arse to tape up, the 5" to 4" adapters are much better IMO, a much cleaner, easier to build design, and distributes light better w/ less shadow spots.

Now that I have Co2 hooked up and proper temps, all I need to get now is a dehumidifier and a climate controller and I might just be satisfied with it. This box, like all my other grow spaces is just a work in progress. I've been coming close to getting good yields, but there is always one thing or another that is holding me back from getting those big massive colas that are rock solid. I need to get humidity under control now, and possibly move up to a 600w or 1000w to reach the big black box's full potential.

thanks for the interest, good luck with your grows, feel free to post a link or pictures

killa

Last edited:
M

Mr. Nevermind

now I use a carbon scrubber along with the pinesol DWC "ghetto odor control" which I'm still skeptical of.

If my small pinesol set up can cover up Strawberry D, Sour d , Williams WOnder, Sage and sour slut with well over 400 watts, as you have, then i think you should be fine . I had over 40 girls reeking late in flower with my girlfriend asleep less than 10 feet away and didnt notice anything. She just thought i must have cleaned the bathroom and smelled pinesol. So i am confident in pinesol

Nevermind

killabrown420

My box isn't inside my house, so the pinesol smell is kinda out of place, but its better than catching whiffs of chronic I suppose. I was thinking of adding a vaportek inside the box to eliminate the random odors that find their way outside the box and escape the carbon scrubber but that might be overkill for my space. :confused:

I found the thread, http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36061 I was about to ask where.

Brown, I believe the Vaportek would cancel out the Carbon. The Vaportek evaporates(whatever) into the air, distroying odours and leaves a scent behind,Then the carbon would try to absorb those odours making the carbon work harder and die sooner.

From Vaportek testimonials, you wouldn't need the carbon scrubber.

killabrown420

surfNtoke said:
man i want a big black box... i got stuck witht the small black box
oh i still got my small black box :D

but yeah dude it's been so much nicer with this box, I can grow more than just a couple at a time...although to be honest I prefer doing less plants and giving more veg. It's nice having plants coming down all the time, but it's a lot more work all the time and it seems i can never keep any bud longer than 3 weeks before it's gone :pointlaug

killabrown420

Hey guys, wanted to update my thread here so you guys can see the natural progression of this box...it's gone from an idea to what you see here...making adjustments along the way...next up is a dehumidifier for lights out

I layed down some tarp over the table and setup some drainage so stagnant water will no longer be an issue (should help the high humidity problem I'm running into w/ the sealed room)

Also rigged the hood back up there, the cool tube w/o a relflector was wasting too much space bouncing off the cieling before hitting the plants

until next time....

Frogger

killabrown420 said:
thanks man, see I didn't know the name of the stuff either...I don't think they have it online, but they do in the stores. Its black poly, or plastic sheeting, if you ask someone they should be able to point you in the right direction. Its down by the hardware isle, right before the lumber :chin: Alternatively if you didn't want to do the mylar seperate, you can use the black on white poly sheeting they sell @ hydro shops, its something like 90% reflective and is lightproof. You can buy that stuff for something like 3 bucks per ft hope this helps

killa
Hi killa I fond it at worms way:sasmokin:
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=SBWP110

killabrown420

UPDATE!!

UPDATE!!

Just putting the finishing touches on this cab...making it grow-worthy year long. The hot summer months completely kill anything I put in there up to now. The humidity has been super high w/ the cab sealed w/ co2...and it was either buy a new fan and a co2 controller to vent the cab when the humidity and heat reached a certain temp, but that would be expensive and time consuming. I decided a little a/c would work perfect for cooling the cab, and I decided to deal w/ humidity using a small portable dehumidifier that is used in campers, small closets, etc...

So here is an updated pic, just about done installing the a/c, still have to seal it up tight and tape up the LED displays as to not hermie my ladies. I got some girls going in there tonight to start the next batch. I'm really gonna try and do everything right this grow..no missed waterings, more feedings of nutes, co2 in veg and flower, etc. I've let myself down the past couple grows and i'm paying the price...turning what should be A+++ into butter and hash b/c of humidity and high temps...what a bummer

7342thegrowshop.jpg

G

guest5703

killaaaaaa nice buuddy. Things are goin good for you it looks like. Did you say you have your box outside? I thought about that.....well at least in a shed but i am worried about bugs an shit. Co2 huh? Very equipped man, What kind of strains are you working with? Thanks for the comment on my box again, I said I would add intake fans, but after reading your comment again I realized all I need is a hole in the box of the box with that darkroom louver over it right? Sounds sick to me, no more fans, just a hole haha. My main fan should suck air right through that thing and make it like intake fans. Thanks man I'll be posted on your grow!

G

guest5703

shit bro, I could say the same to you. whats up killa??? Hows the box lol!? It's been a while, we need an update!!