What's new

Seismic's 400w grow show

oregon_guy

Hi Seismic, just stumbled across your grow log here. Yes it will be interesting comparing our BM since they both seem about the same age in flowering. Yours looks like it will yeild better than mine.

Are your SD clones from Rez's gear? I grew out his Wonder Diesel and it was great.

S

Seismic

Thanks for droppin by Hazy and oregon.

hazy-Yea I will probably switch the SD when I chop down the hashberry and the blue mystic, since it seems like they will be done first.

oregon_guy- yea I was surprised on how well the blue mystic is turning out, considering the lack of full grows done on it. As far as the sour diesel, its a cut I got from a medical club in oakland. Not sure but I think it is called the "xman" cut. Don't quote me though.

Take care everybody:joint:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
your blue mystic looks "proper lovely" mate...so do the "unknowns" btw... I hope they blow your mind so you have to clone them and make up a whole new name :wink:

S

Seismic

Thanks Jamie, I will definitely be re-vegging any keepers so I can keep the line going, although its going to be hard for me to make up my mind on which strains I do next. I kind of went on a seed buying binge over the last year, and have so many that I want to grow out. Either way, regardless of which I grow next, any keepers will be kept alive be either me or a close friend.

Btw, one of the unknown plants is starting to get the most peculiar smell to it, kind of like a cross between dried onion and lawry's seasoned salt.

Wacky Tobacky

Nice grow dude!

must be nice to live in cali and have access to clones.
your blue mistic and hashberry looks awsome.

im also runnin 400 watts in the DR80. ill sub this thread to see your progress.

:joint:

S

Seismic

Here is a little flowering update for day 36:

Unknown Ladies
picture.php

picture.php

Hashberry
picture.php

And the Blue Mystic
picture.php

oregon_guy

Seismic, How long before you cut out the nutes on your BM? You think you have 24 days left? I am debating on when to cut back on mine. I will probably give one more dose this week and see how it looks in another 8 days when it will be due again. I currently feed every other watering and I have been watering every 4 days. Again mine had a slow start to flowering for whatever reason but by comparing photos mine looks to be about a week or two farther along than yours (Going by pistil color anyway). Going to get the big scope out this week and have a look at the trichs but I am guessing at least 3-4 more weeks on mine.

S

Seismic

Hey Oregon, today I gave the BM its last hit of Old Age Bloom, so for the next two weeks I will be hitting it with some low strength liquid guano (the liquid budswel) and some AN Sweet Leaf. After that I will just give her plain water until the end of next month, which should bring me to around day 67 or so with her. Hope this helps.

S

Seismic

:wave:
Hey everybody, got a new update for the flowering chamber, with all of them being on day 38.

Unknown Ladies
picture.php

picture.php

Hashberry
picture.php

picture.php

Blue Mystic
picture.php

Take care everybody:joint:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking unreal in here my friend....That Blue mysic looks like she's gonna be a nice pull for you...If that Sour is the real deal, yer in for a treat my friend =)....Peace MP

WriteToEnlight

I see you have a DR80 and a 400w hps in it with a 4in vortex fan and carbon scrubber. I was thinking of doing something similar except with a 400w lumatek hps but still with the 4in vortex fan with carbon scrubber in a GrowLab80 which is suppose to be similar to the DR80.

Any suggestions?

1 . What's your average heat with the 400w hps in the dr80 with the 4in vortex on?

2. Do you have any extra cooling in the room? like exhaut through a window or into another room? An Air Conditioner?

3. How much noise does the 4in vortex make? Do you have any speed control added on to it?

4. Does the 4in vortex through the carbon scrubber keep it smell free? or is it still noticelable in the room? ( I know this varies by strain too but I'm Curious)

5. Sorry for so many questions, but your setup seems to be of a similar idea and your experience would be appreciated.

S

Seismic

I see you have a DR80 and a 400w hps in it with a 4in vortex fan and carbon scrubber. I was thinking of doing something similar except with a 400w lumatek hps but still with the 4in vortex fan with carbon scrubber in a GrowLab80 which is suppose to be similar to the DR80.

Any suggestions?

1 . What's your average heat with the 400w hps in the dr80 with the 4in vortex on?

2. Do you have any extra cooling in the room? like exhaut through a window or into another room? An Air Conditioner?

3. How much noise does the 4in vortex make? Do you have any speed control added on to it?

4. Does the 4in vortex through the carbon scrubber keep it smell free? or is it still noticelable in the room? ( I know this varies by strain too but I'm Curious)

5. Sorry for so many questions, but your setup seems to be of a similar idea and your experience would be appreciated.

Glad to see another tent user, lemme see if I can answer your questions.

1. Since switching to a 400w cmh bulb my canopy temps have been 77-79F

2. No extra cooling, just pulling air passively into the closet, where the tent is located.

3.The fan is pretty loud, though it is manageable. I have a speed controller, but right now its on full blast.

4. The vortex and filter keep it completely smell free in my grow area, and outside. The key is maintaining negative pressure so no un-scrubbed air escapes, and to make sure you find a filter which matches your fans cfm rating or a little bit higher.

5. No problem:joint:

WriteToEnlight

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your help. It's good to see someone that doesn't ignore people interested in their thread haha

I've heard the 4in vortex can be somewhat muffled alot with insulated ducking and other techniques too, is there any specific ducking you'd recommend getting that'd best suit the dr80?

I've seen some carbon scrubbers on ebay like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-X-12-CARBON-AIR-FILTER-HYDROPONIC-ODOR-SCRUBBER-HPS_W0QQitemZ120342194208QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120342194208&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting
what would you think about using that with a 4in vortex?

S

Seismic

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your help. It's good to see someone that doesn't ignore people interested in their thread haha

I've heard the 4in vortex can be somewhat muffled alot with insulated ducking and other techniques too, is there any specific ducking you'd recommend getting that'd best suit the dr80?

I've seen some carbon scrubbers on ebay like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-X-12-CARBON-AIR-FILTER-HYDROPONIC-ODOR-SCRUBBER-HPS_W0QQitemZ120342194208QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120342194208&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting
what would you think about using that with a 4in vortex?

As far as ducting goes, I myself use non-insulated ducting, but have been wondering about using 4" R6 insulated ducting to help muffle the whooshing sound of the air running through the ducting. As far as carbon scrubbers go, if smell is of any concern at all I would have to say invest in a good one, it will be worth every penny. Some carbon filters that I have had good experiences with are Dutch Breeze, Phat (now called Dragon I think), and Can.

If you are on a bit of a budget I would say go with something like the Dutch Breeze Carbon Air Filter - DFS2 from bghydro.com for 75 dollars mine lasted a whole year, and that was with a lot of smoking going on in the room from which the tent draws air.

S

Seismic

Well I just put some seeds into germinate, so that my 2 c99bx wont be lonely vegging in my new clonebox, which is supposed to get here tomorrow. I put in 4 of ACE seeds Congo, as well as 2 Cannabiogen Sandstorm. So hopefully if all goes well, and my equipment gets here on time, I should have a nice big update for everyone. Till then take care :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts