What's new

Schizophrenic's New Indoor Aero\NFT Grow Room

I'll have to sit down and total out materials but it is very very cheap. I think I spent about $210 for all the PVC / vinyl fence rails and rubbermaid containers needed to build all three flowering units, the veg unit, and the cloner. Everything was bought at homedepot and lowes. Then online I picked up 5 eco plus 396gph pumps at about $24 each. The nice ezcloner nozzles were about .50 each..... and then everything else like your netpots, neoprene collars, nutes, lights, ventilation, odor control, etc... you can price out as needed.

More specifically...... Here is the shopping list I worked with for the actual flowering units, veg unit, and cloner.

6 – 4’ sections of pvc or vinyl fence posts.

5 - 396 Gallon per hour pumps. Eco plus only, everything else will fail or not fire up every time. rebuilt kits for these pumps are only about $10 or so.

3 – ½” Female to male threaded adapter\coupler.

12- 1/2” PVC Tees

14 - 1/2” PVC Elbows

5 - 10ft. length 1/2” PVC Pipe

14 - 1/2” PVC End Caps

7 - 18 Gallon. Rubbermaid “Roughneck” Containers. Get the roughnecks only, everything else will eventually crack and leak.

83 - 2” Net Pots. Make sure they have a suitable lip at the top or they will fall thru the rails.

84 - 2” Neoprene Collars. If you get the 1" collars you can cut them in half and only need to buy 42.

60 - EZ-Clone Sprayer Nozzles. Buy extras imo, nice to have a set soaking between harvests. Can be easily and quickly swapped out if you find a clogged nozzle.

4 - 1/2” PVC Ball Valve

4 - 1/2” PVC Garden Hose Adapter.

30 - 3/4” PVC Elbows

24 - 3/4” PVC Tees

12 - 10ft. length 3/4” PVC Pipe

Tools List:
Electric Drill
11/64” Drill Bit
13/16” Spade \ Hole Drill Bit
2” Hole Saw
PVC Pipe Glue (2 part glue & purple primer. Will come in two small metal cans.)
PVC Pipe Cutter
Exacto Knife
Tape Measure
Pliers
Small Drum Sander or Dremel Tool
Hacksaw
Silicone
Zip Ties

Everything listed here will build three 14 spot flowering units, one veg unit, and one cloner. Just add lights, ventilation, a recycling timer (1 minute on 5 minutes off), and your other grow room gadgets and you're good to roll. For more descriptive infor or schematics you can refer to the link im one of my earlier posts.

Enjoy. :dueling:

gotta love that DIY aerocloner...... lol :woohoo:

picture.php

D

DjRightHooks

great diary..how did you get the seeds to sprout in the cloner?

cao

schiz.. if im just building one unit with 14 sites would a 600 hps be enough? if not i'll have to make it smaller and put maybe 3 sites on each post total of 6 sites?

cao

so it'll be fine with 14 sites? i know the fence post is 4 ft long.. with the res how much total space do i need? i will be building my own tent

cao

wow those roots on the clones is massive already.. did you just cut and stick them in the cloner without any dipping?

also.. where do you take your cuttings from? the veg chamber? or do you have separate mothers?

so it'll be fine with 14 sites? i know the fence post is 4 ft long.. with the res how much total space do i need? i will be building my own tent

add another 2' or so lengthwise for the flowering units to figure out how long theyll be with rez.

600 should be fine for one flowering unit, obviously the more light you can provide the better, but itll work. you dont have to use all 14 spots either, use what you want and you can always upgrade later.

wow those roots on the clones is massive already.. did you just cut and stick them in the cloner without any dipping?

also.. where do you take your cuttings from? the veg chamber? or do you have separate mothers?

cut and right in the cloner. no dipping, nothing. cloner runs about half filled with 150ml clonex. nothing else.

those cuttings were from veg plants

D

DjRightHooks

hey thanks shizophrenic for the quick reply ..i was reading through your posts..one question can any of the roughneck tote series be used with no leak issues? The RubberMaid RoughNeck have a bunch of different sizes and u said they all leak except for the rubbermaid roughneck's.. Is there a particular one that doesnt leak or do they all not leak? thanks in advance.!

D

DjRightHooks

i have a low end 35 gallon that i bought from BIG LOTS and it has leaked since i built it!

The size was already mentioned, 18gal. There are also other roughneck sizes available but obviously dimensions would need to be adjusted appropriately if following those instructions.

And in regards to leaking, I am talking about the actual res cracking or splitting, many cheap containers will do this and you'll end up with a huge mess on your hands. I was not talking about leaking from the top. That's different. Any DIY cloner like this will leak from the lid. It's hard to get a perfect seal. A good way to help prevent this is to use some rubber weatherstripping on the inside lip of the lid and then put the top on and then place a identical container, 3/4 FILLED, on top of it. It will weigh it down and help shape/form the lid to fit properly. Leave this in place for a few days. Should help. If it does not fix your leaks 100% you can also try picking up some "hobby clamps" and clamp the bastard shut :)

Good luck

D

DjRightHooks

o great!..hey thanks alot for the reply!..that is great information..cheers

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
man as soon as i saw the first pic i knew i reconized this setup >>>>>from this months HT >>it sits on my toilet as we speek>> i must say this is a great article >>>>love to see a inspirational setup like yours >>>> welcome to IC and :woohoo::bow: i must bow to your Superior skills bro

man that is tedious work i bet to crumble off the seedlings sprouting pod without breaking it

not at all. the rooter plugs come apart as easy as chocolate cake. just dont wait too long... once they start rooting it gets harder and hard. you just need to to sprout, thats it. then take it out and dump it into the cloner and you're golden :)

Flowering pics...

Sorry for all the orange pics... I have not been able to get in there right as lights go out to get some nice shots. I don't like interrupting the cycle before lights go on either so there is only a very small window of opportunity and I keep missing it. :)

Poor excuse for a guard dog, Flood Tray, Aeroponic NFT Rails

picture.php

Flood Tray, Aeroponic NFT Rails

picture.php

Aeroponic NFT Rails

picture.php

Finally figured out the silly manual settings on my shitty camera. Should not have to deal with too many more orange shitty pics :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php