What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S&P 100x Inline Fan Wiring Guide With HQ Pics

Dr.Funkenstein

Can anyone tell me what are all those exposed wires shown in the bottom three pics are connected too? I was under the impression that all the wires that need to be connected were housed within the box panel? I would like to get this fan, but I am unsure about having exposed wires. Seems dangerous to me. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.

Sweet info here. Anyone happen to know the Db rating of the TD-100X on both speeds?

Edit: Also acording to hvacquick.com the TD-125 is 197/149 cfm and only 9 dollars more than the 100X which is 135/100cfm. Just thought that was kind of intresting.

KickNader

Can anyone tell me what are all those exposed wires shown in the bottom three pics are connected too? I was under the impression that all the wires that need to be connected were housed within the box panel? I would like to get this fan, but I am unsure about having exposed wires. Seems dangerous to me. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.

Umm look at the pictures?
Shows that those bare wires go into the plug on the fan inside of the small housing on the outside of the fan and gets screwed shut.. There are no bare wires. I have mine setup with a short cord and use it as a desk fan now that I am in bettween grows.. Amazing little fan!! :)

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
You fargin' bastige! You've revealed my secret weapon! I'm tellin' Mom.

D

Deaner

Would this take up too much room in a small cab which is 30 in tall and 20 in wide?
Depending on your style of growing, lights, etc, it may be possible. However, it seems like a stretch to me. You could probably just mount the fan somewhere outside the cabinet.

My S&P TD-125 FAN For 5 inch round duct - 197/149 cfm (high/low) is on the way. I paid less than $100 with shipping. I'll post feedback once it's available!

Krakatoa

Hi guys,

I'm running an S&P 100 inline fan in my stealth dresser grow. It's cooling a 150w HPS light and hood. I have the S&P hooked up to a Variac, and I run it at about half power and it keeps the cabinet just slightly above ambient temperature.

The S&P is MUCH more quiet than the Fantech 100 cfm fan I was running before, and it's footprint is nearly half as small as the Fantech. For small stealth cabinets, the S&P 100 is your best choice.

picture.php

picture.php

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Wow. I might have gone for that had I not my DIY already. Perfect size for smaller grows.

T

texsativa

It's the Dutch Breeze line. They are a nice size, I'm thinking the lack of length forces air across a larger amount of carbon. I'm going to give them a shot.

Hella THC

Why is the nothing going to the brown wire in the pic? Plus, don't three prong plugs have 3 wires inside? I see you're only using two. I'm a wiring rookie, but this just seems strange. Is the brown not used?

growMEDS

Why is the nothing going to the brown wire in the pic? Plus, don't three prong plugs have 3 wires inside? I see you're only using two. I'm a wiring rookie, but this just seems strange. Is the brown not used?
You only need a 2 prong plug. :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts