What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S&P 100x Inline Fan Wiring Guide With HQ Pics

KickNader

S&P 100x Inline Fan Wiring Guide
By : KickNader

So recently I upgraded to S&P 100x and while online I realized that alot of people have problems with reading the manual and wiring it, Because of this I decided to make this guide with pictures and all the stuff that I wanted to know before I purchased it..

Here it is the S&P 100x
- 4'' ducting
- 135/100 CFM
- Perfect for limited space environments
- For high air flow to pressure ratio applications
- Requires minimum space
- Minimal noise levels
- Removable body for easy installation and service
- Motors include direct two-speed connection
- Variable speed with controller
- Class B motor insulation
- Five-year limited warranty

-Locate The Wiring Panel-
DSC00518_resize.jpg

-Remove 4 Screws-
DSC00519_resize.jpg

DSC00520_resize.jpg

-Wiring Guide-

White = Neutral
Black = Postitive (High)
Brown = Positive (Low)
DSC00521_resize.jpg

DSC00523_resize.jpg

DSC00524_resize.jpg

- Below The Black Grommit Was Pulled From An Old Econowing Reflector -
DSC00530_resize.jpg

- Install ZipTie Mounting Point -
DSC00531_resize.jpg

- I Used Normal PC Power Cable -
DSC00528_resize.jpg

- Couldnt Be Easyer -
Sick Wire In And Tighten Down Screw
DSC00535_resize.jpg

- Mount With ZipTie As Shown -
DSC00536_resize.jpg

DSC00538_resize.jpg

- Close Lid -
DSC00540_resize.jpg

Below Is The Pictures Of Installed

After installing the fan I was really suprised by how much quieter it was than my PC Fans.. even on the high settings it is moderatly quiet. I have never used the "LOW" Setting as it was never needed. I Highly recomend these fans for anyone making a growbox becuase they are almost perfect for the use, and they are cheap 100x paid 89.99 USD for it shipped to my door :D

-KickNader​

J

JackTheGrower

Waiting for cash flow.. Will be getting 2!

Thanks for that tutorial!!!!!

That's a great price as well..

J

JackTheGrower

Oh Poop!

I ponder the use of prohibiting new folks from Email with established folks. It punishes both.

I can't email ya. I want to know where that $89 price was.. I don't want to tell everyone before i buy it LOL

Skype me then.. That price will save $10 off the best price I found.

Jack

Tanuvan

Actually, this cools a 250hps in cooltube with no problem when set to the 130 cfm speed. Does a fine job on 220w of PLL with the 100CFM wiring in an NGB style box. Nice fan.

growMEDS

Actually, this cools a 250hps in cooltube with no problem when set to the 130 cfm speed. Does a fine job on 220w of PLL with the 100CFM wiring in an NGB style box. Nice fan.
I do agree. I have mine on high with a 250 hps.

Yeti1

are you guys pulling air through the 250w cooltube with this fan, or pushing it through? Ive read worries about pulling hot air with these fans. Im almost sold on them, I just need to find the best was to vent a 150w in my limited space

growMEDS

are you guys pulling air through the 250w cooltube with this fan, or pushing it through? Ive read worries about pulling hot air with these fans. Im almost sold on them, I just need to find the best was to vent a 150w in my limited space
Check out my diary in my sig.

I have the fan sucking air through venting, 250 cool tube, venting, then carbon filter.

KickNader

Oh Poop!

I ponder the use of prohibiting new folks from Email with established folks. It punishes both.

I can't email ya. I want to know where that $89 price was.. I don't want to tell everyone before i buy it LOL

Skype me then.. That price will save $10 off the best price I found.

Jack

http://www.ventingdirect.com/index.cfm/page/search:browse/categoryID/14868

slow shiping pay with paypal boom bam!

shipping was slow for me because they had to ship from manufacture in jacksonville fl.. be sure to get 5 day shipping or sumthin becuase it took mine like 6-7 days?

KickNader

im pulling air over 250watt hps/mh really close fan never gets that hot.. no biggie this is built like a tank.!!

KickNader

Hmm... I underestimated the quality of this fan then :D

na it gets a little sketchy sometimes when it gets warm im going to add another one to my new box so it should be good then i perhaps upgrade to 400watt harvestpro elite and cmh bulb :D...

KickNader

omg this fan would be amazing for a 150 would be more than adaquite

Would a TD-150 be enough to cool a 1000hps in a tent? I was going to purchase an ellicient or vortex but those are too loud.

KolorBlind

Hey Kick, thanks a ton man! I got my TD-100x in the other day but just cracked it open today and all i could think was "wtf?"

I have wired a few lights & fans recently, but nothing quite like this one. Best part is I had a computer power cable sitting right next to me, already cut & stripped from another project that didnt work out.

Just wanted to show my appreciation for the DIY, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Cant find anything this descriptive even on the website.

Thanks again
KB

FreezerBoy, would you care to help me out a bit and elaborate on my venting situation? I've been looking through all of the ventilation threads but it is still the subject that confuses me the most.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'd start with Ventilation 101 first.

I'm a "Venting For Dummies" kinda guy. 3 equal sized holes per fan. One at the top for the fan, two at the bottom for passive intake. Match fan to lamp wattage and be done.

Here are some doodles I've done for various folks. Maybe it will help. NOTE: Example 1 has NO scrubber. Dude said no neighbors, smell was no concern. If you've people near you, you NEED a scrubber!!!!!!!