What's new

Rush Limbong Growing Serious Seeds CHRONIC, ebb & flow

G

If your not sure about how much you wanna use, just bump it up gradually.. 635,735,835, etc...

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Leaf cupping can be due to low RH or potassium deff. I highly doubt it's a deff though. You can always set a bow of water out to raise the RH. Usually don't see alot of low RH in a hydro setup.

G

Chiefsmokingbud said:
Leaf cupping can be due to low RH or potassium deff. I highly doubt it's a deff though. You can always set a bow of water out to raise the RH. Usually don't see alot of low RH in a hydro setup.

my DWC is in a grow space with low RH and i do see the same thing as you RUSH

i think they are still growing fine though and im not too worried

this is the curl, its a bit diff to yours but i think both are related to the same thing

rkrone said:
my DWC is in a grow space with low RH and i do see the same thing as you RUSH

i think they are still growing fine though and im not too worried

this is the curl, its a bit diff to yours but i think both are related to the same thing

rkr, i dont think your curling is from nute burn, looks more like too much water, how close is your water level to your stem

sup rush, nice to see things progressing, did you work out your algae problem?
and you wont want to go back to soil unless you like, less yeilds and longer veg times. hydro does come with an arsonal of problems that dirt never has. but imo the speed and yields make up for that

Hey everyone,

I know why my RH is so low...I got the fan hooked up to the light pulling fresh air through the tent and also cooling the light. It's too much air displacement for the size tent. I really ave no choice now though, got to keep my 1000 cool.

Sup holla! Yeah, the algae thing seems to be worked out...I'm also thinking I was smelling the hygrozme? not sure, but it's all good.

I sure did. I just got finished soaking some bathroom towels, and laid them at the bottom of each side of the huts floor. Hopefully, this will keep the RH up.

Here's some pics at 15 days veg. Everything seems to be ok except for the leaf curl on some of the plants. I also changed the rez on Sunday. I just added the PBPG and LK this time around. I think I'm going to switch to 12-12 in a couple days...anyone agree?

cobo

looking good man... i wud leave them at least another week ,you have enough space there to let them go to 18" to 28" no problem , more veg more buds.but then you know ur situation better than me.. I'm watching the show any way :wave:

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Yeah i'd have to agree to let them go a bit longer. I would say Min 12". In hydro that can happen fairly quick. Keep in mind chronic likes to grow a thick main cola and the more branch sets you have the longer that cola will be. Chronic is a fairly tight plant. Personally AFTER the roughly 2 week stretch is over, i trim everything off from halfway down. Although you will get good light penetration with that 1K it may not be needed.

Last edited:

cobo

Rush Limbong said:
Another week makes 3, so I'm going to go with what you both said...

They're about 6 inches high(tallest one)

RUSH

well u have pleanty of of vertical space so use it , be worth it in end , at least 18 "

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
don't make the same mistake I have.... Wait it out until the plant is a healthy 12-18"

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Looking good rush. Cant wait to see them go to flower. :woohoo:

I'd give those babies about 1 or 2 more weeks of veg. Anyway, good luck!

pico

Veteran
Go take a look at MyNameStitch's thread in the infirmary. Take a good look at what Magnesium and Calcium defficiencies look like. Just something to watch out for when using pure blend pro.

I am setting up an ebb flow table tonight. Sure is an easy system to setup and use.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Pico, you are one more person who has mentioned problems with PBP! It seems to be very acidic (fish meal and guanos) and I have seen more people with defs using this than any other nute.

My theory is that the PBP knocks down the ph to the point where these minerals, Mag, Cal, and even phosphorus gets locked up. Always check your ph of your soil, rez, etc before adding more nutes to correct a perceived deficiency. Usually there is more than enough nutes present, they are just locked and adding more will make the problem worse.

Good luck. How is that leaf curl? I don't like the looks of that. Although ChiefSmokingBud doesn't think it is from nutes, I can also see some calcium/mag/potassium def starting to show up with those brown spots on the one leaf, upper left.

8582DSC02023.JPG

What is the ph of your rez?

Take care, Rush

Last edited:
hey Pico, and Heady Pete!

I changed my res for the second time this past Sun., and I DID NOT add any cal/mag in it.

The reason is, Is that I started my first res pretty strong, and wanted to give 'em a chance to just use the PBP and LK.

I think today I will add some cal/mag. I measured my res(tds) and the # is in the 580's for a 40 gallon res. Instead of adding more PBP, I'm saying cal/mag becuse it seems to have a good amount of N in it compared to the PBP, but also the plants would be getting their cal/mag.

My res PH is always around 6.0 now. I'm trying to keep the temps(ambient) in the low 80's

Those brownish, yellow leaves in the back Heady are from the problems I had with the first res being too strong....they got burnt pretty bad....the new growth since then has been MUCH better....as for the curled leaves....theres only about half of them that are doing it....2-3 that have it as bad in the pic. I have even been misting them to help keep up the humidity

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Sounds great. Glad you got it sorted and the little darlings are lovin it! Improvement is great to see!

I can't wait till your branches start falling over from the weight of their phatness!

Latest posts

Latest posts