What's new

Rush Limbong Growing Serious Seeds CHRONIC, ebb & flow

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I couldn't agree more about insulating the duct, good call Pete totally slipped my mind.

I've been using the Botanicare line for close to 5 years now and have 0 complaints. Some of my biggest hauls were with PBP. There are some salts in PBP which i have seen build up first hand but other then that it's preety damn close to organic. Do you have a TDS meter? I would highly suugest getting one if you don't.......takes out the guess work.

Chief,

I am using a TDS meter. Right now it's around 660. I've read some things that say you dont get accurate readings from a tds with Botonacaire? I'm using it to see what the nute vs. water uptake is with the plants? What do you think?

Heady,

Iv'e never heard about that! And I was even looking at the insulated ducting at hemp depot before I bought this stuff...hmmm, I'm gonna have to go in the attic and see if I can hear some water rolling around in the ducting

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
During veg i run mine about 650 ppm. Towards the last 2 weeks of veg i increase it to 800ppm. I donot switch to flower ferts until after the 2 week stretch after the initiation of 12/12. During flower i run it between 900 and 1000 ppm and NEVER go above 1000. of course different strains will require more or less but it gives you a benchmark....i hope.

rush, I have the same low humidity problem with the hut. i have yet to hit 50% even with a humidifier but then again I have not tested in the summer months. maybe I'm pulling to much air?? anyways the % is great for antimold during flower.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Damn rush, i've been waiting for an exclusive chronic grow for a looong time. I'm gonna glue my ass to a chair and watch this thing to the end. :lurk:

Well anyway, heres some advice about using organic/organic based nutrients:

organic nutrients doesnt dissolve immediatley like chemical nutrients, in other words your TDS meter wont be able to read the true concentration of nutrients (this is why people say you dont get accurate TDS readings with Botonacaire, or other organic/based nutes). The organic nutes will dissolve over time and cause the tds to rise and the ph to shift. So keep a close eye on the tds (especially after feeding them), make it doesnt rise too much.

All this extra work when using organic nutes will definatley pay off in the end, cus youre in for some great tasting bud.

Well anyway, everything is looking pretty damn sweet right now. Good luck! Hope to see some updates soon.

Last edited:
Hey chief,

2 weeks huh? after 12-12? I like that..I was planning on 1, but I'll look into that.

Sup Pontiac? Glad to see ya here! That's some good info on the Botonacaire. Keep checking in....hope these bitches get LARGE.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Just based on my experience (10+ years) the plants stretch for 2 weeks and require alot of Nitrogen. Where some folks go wrong is to switch to flower ferts right after the 12/12 switch which isn't necessary at all imo because there is no bud production during this time. So essentially the plants require more Nitrogen which flower ferts lack. So in essence you'll see yellowing alot sooner. Personally i prefer the plants to stay greener longer and some folks like yellowing sooner........that's a whole nother argument i'd prefer not to get into. People claim if they stay green and you keep giving them nitrogen during flower they will focas on plant growth rather then bud production......that's just false inmo.....add that to the other 1000+ myths on the internet.

pico

Veteran
Rush Limbong said:
I got so involved in trying to upload all the pics and everyting, and laying this thread out, that I forgot to mention what nutes I was using :canabis:

I'm using pretty much the entire Botonacaire lineup. I know it's not "completly organic" but I guess the advertisements make me feel good about the fact that I am right? :joint:

This is what I added to my rez for the first time....Just to let you know....I really think I went too strong....let me know what you think.

40 gal rez
200ml Hydroguard
240ml Hygrozyme
280ml PBPG
200ml LK
200ml Cal-mag

Too strong huh?
well, I think they're settling down a little now....

That looks like it could be a little too much cal-mag for the ammount of PBPG. I know that a lot of people use 5ml/gallon of cal-mag with 15ml PBPB in flowering. 3-7ml/gal is plenty for hygrozyme so you look good there. Have heard horror stories of people using 15-20ml/gallon and killing their plants. Plus that stuff is spendy.

Looking good. I like those hydrohuts.

Hey Pico! glad to see ya...yeah, I overdid the nutes to start, thank for the info

What up Indica/Sativa? Do you mean PH? I'm sitting here trying to figure out what rh means...anyway, glad to see you too....you're one of my "peeps"

pico

Veteran
rh = relative humidity.

Man I wish I had a problem with too little humidty. My room is getting up to 80% sometimes with a dehumidifier.

shows you what I know....I really can't I guess without buying a humidifier?

Any suggestions? I've been keeping my lights on 24hrs, so I don't want to mist 'em.

pico

Veteran
I foliar all the time under 1000 watters with no burn on the leaves.

When the plants get bigger your humidity will probably go up.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Low RH increases resin production as a defense mechanism by the plant to prevent drying out. Unless the plants keep getting droopy i don't see a problem with low RH.

Here's some updated pics:

This pic is the whole garden

This is one of the plants that looks like it's struggling to keep up with the others...notice how those fan leaves are not pointing up to the light. The plants directly under the light

The next few pics are just random shots. The plants seem to be outgrowing the bent leaf problem. I'm guessing I burned 'em with too strong a rez?

Ambient temp-80
Temp at top of plants-83
Humidity-30%
TDS-635
PH-5.8

I'm going to be changing my rez on Mon. Anyone have any suggestions on the amounts? I was pretty much going to use the figures I used before, which should suit them well now cause they've grown....it's amazing how easy it is too fuck 'em up when your not sure what the hell you're doing :badday:

Indica Sativa-good read, thanks bro :joint:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts