What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

.....Post your DIY Cloner .............

superpedro

Veteran
I use an air pump and set my clones afloat in a piece of polystyrene.
opvaskekloner.jpg

Roots.jpg

Todd P

my DIY cloner

my DIY cloner

:yoinks:here my DIY cloner. went to the dollar store and got a shoebox size container,an air stone,and a fishtank thermometer then put it together using wonder plugs (i had them around) and a air pump i had too. i covered it in reflective tape ($2.99@ace hardware) pluged it in and let her go! i put super silver haze in there and they love it!! they got droopy for about an hour then perked right up!:woohoo:

Attachments

• 52.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_2668.jpg
    100_2668.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_2669-1.jpg
    100_2669-1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_2685-1.jpg
    100_2685-1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
B

bender420

I use an air pump and set my clones afloat in a piece of polystyrene.
opvaskekloner.jpg

Roots.jpg

I will be doing the same very soon. How long did they take to root. Also did you put any cloning hormone in the water or any B1 vitamins like super thrive or such.

Thanks bud.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i should add that the clone in the photo is 2 weeks from cutting.

i use dip and grow as a rooting hormone and maxibloom or flora nova bloom at 100-150 ppm to pre-saturate the medium, which is either perlite or turface, and half fill the res.

they are 2' from a 42 watt daylight cfl and a 100 watt incandescent. humidity is 60% and temp is 78-80f.

the top does not get taken off for the first three days. then it's;

day 4 15 min off
day 5 30
6 45
7 1 hr
8 1.5
9 2 hrs
day 10 off

i then dump the nutrient solution and reload 300 ppm through the medium.

4 more days days and transplant.

this scales up well. i've built them for up to 24 clones at a time.

superpedro

Veteran
I will be doing the same very soon. How long did they take to root. Also did you put any cloning hormone in the water or any B1 vitamins like super thrive or such.

Thanks bud.

Sorry. Missed your post.

Used a heater set at 24 degrees C., no rooting additives of any kind.
I change the water every 3 days.

usually 8-12 days before the roots look like they do on those pics. depending on strain.

BTW. When i place the clones in the polystyrene, I put the end of the cutling in a straw, and use the straw as a needle to prevent damage.

Medgirl

I have one of those 6 site aerogardens with the built in lights. I've never used it for MJ but wondering if anyone has tried it. Seems like it would work great.

NOKUY

Veteran
here is 1 of my cloners that i get to put back into service this weekend!!! :jump:

gonna fill 'er w/ blockhead, blk bubba kush, and mtn gorilla from my current veg. crop

14504clonerparts.JPG

14504cloner_pump_nowater.JPG

14504cloner_plugs_bubbles.JPG

14504cloner_full.JPG

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bbbump...my ole thread revived...any updates?????????????????????????

i went back to the old soil and dome,its just so easy and works so well....

G

gloryoskie

Does this count? About two weeks. Superstar by D9Labs.
Very lo tech.

Attachments

• superstar-water-clones.jpg
    superstar-water-clones.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 32

Granger2

Veteran
My AeroCloner is put away since, in 2 batches totaling about 45, I've had 100% in coco. That's with a dome, 9 oz. cups, heat mat at 80, and 1 T-5 24" with 1 layer of paper towels over the dome. I think low light is often overlooked and is very important. I mist the inside of the dome twice a day, never mist cuts, and don't water them till they are rooted. I use clear cups sitting in a colored cup so I can watch for roots. I thoroughly soak the coco with 1/2 strength transition feed, then press down on the top really hard to squeeze out excess moisture thru the drain holes. I pack the coco tightly around the cutting. Good luck. -granger