What's new

Neat MicroPC growbox with FLUOROS

Trev

by the way, those plants are lookin awesome bro. im followin this. got a seat nice an comfy, popcorn, milk duds, the works.

Snider

thanks man! :D

During the upcoming weekend I am gonna do some changes.
Do you see pistils on the 3rd picture?

Snider

By the time I made the previous post, I lowered the plants inside the case.
But I didnt mention that.

I also transplanted #3.1.

pothead82

Very nice Snider... I do think you need some more lights and to repot your plants as soon as you can. That 2L bottle cut in half is not going to help your #3 grow. You might need more air circulation for you plant, remember hot air goes up and cold air goes down...
E vai de leve no Peters, o PH tá meio zuado, por isso q tao com as folhas amarelas.
Boa Sorte
Good Luck
Qualquer coisa PM

Snider

So I finally managed to put 2 more light bulbs inside the case:

For now I threw back 2x15w 4000K that were there on the very beginning.

These babies are growing fast!

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I think they are looking great! How are the temps now, still high 80's? And air movement, see the plants moving in the wind?

How about that fert? Did you give them some of the 10-10-10? Make sure you don't give them too much, go easy on it. I mix dry ferts with warm water and make teas for my plants.

If you plan to repot, do it now cause I would be turning to 12/12 soon, if it was me.

I think they seem to be doing quite well.

Snider

piece: no, temps now are not 80s cause it's cold here. But since I added 2 more lamps, it went a lot higher. It's around 74 now.
Will have to add more wind, either to make them stronger and chill the room.

Based on your advice, will fert tonight, in a few minutes.
Will replant in 4 days, after they eat new food.
Probably will switch to 12/12 in 1,5 weeks. Let's see how they behave.

Thanks for the wonderful tips pieceofmyheart! :kitty:

Mr_Micro

Good lookin PC case man! I always digged the PC case grows and I'll be followin yours for sure :D

I was curious about something though... how did you wire up those sockets for the CFLs? I'm working on setting up some PC case cabs right now and I was wanting to supplement my 50 watt HPS lights with some CFLs, but I'm not sure exactly how to wire up a socket for a CFL and keep em small enough to fit two bulbs side by side in a 8 inch wide case. Your light setup looks really clean so I'd be really interested to know how you wired up those sockets.

Snider

Dudes
sorry for the long delay to answer

I have fertilized the plants 2 days ago, as I promised.
They look ok so far. #1 is stronger than the others, the stem is getting thicker every day. Will post pics of them soon.

Mr_Micro
Here comes my light scheme, very easy setup.

The wires come from the outside, from that small hole. They go directly to
that ceramic piece. It's the same used for showers. It's glued with super bonder to the metal. Then wires go to the 1st lamp.

Here you can also see wires going to the 2nd lamp.

Here I taped it and then it goes to the other side of the case, hidden on the top edge of the case, all taped with good tape and checked oftenly so wires wont fall. (could make this cleaner)

This is the other side, the new lamps. :chin:
Only the white wires are lamps. The red and black are fans.

Hope this explained. Ask me anything and I will post pics.

=-=-=-=-
Cobain: this is my first grow, cant tell about yield yet. But I am glad you like what you see. :D

=-=-=-=-=
Saabotage: can you show me a pic of a cup like that?

pothead82

These plants are looking awesome!!! Very healthy and green. The only think I would suggest is to get more CFLs or more powerfull ones, if your budget allows it...
Boa sorte!

Those red folgers containers are handy things. I've used them for small mushroom grows. They worked rather well for small casings and even mini terrariums.

Snider

So
Time for update

I finally bought a vase that fits my case perfectly. So perfectly I am now
on a dilema: one plant must stay out for now on.
That's a shame cause I wanted to have them all growing. Thou I knew this would happen from the start. :frown:
And I also know that in a few days from now the 2nd one must get out as well. I got a bigger case here, unfortunately it's being used right now by this computer I use to type this stuff.

Anyway, replanted #1 to make it ready for the switch.
I also used the bonsai ferts + nutes on all 3, they seem to be a lot happy now. Flushed once each.

This is 1ft long X 6in wide X 6in tall. I liked it.

Added another fan. And will change the position of the 3 lil intake fans as soon as I can.

#1 replanted

#1 top view

One thing that happened to #1 that I didnt tell:

Also replanted the middle brother (dont know the gender yet):

This is the younger one, that will stay outside. She's not doing so good as the others, but it's a promise.
Any opinions on this?

Since this is my first grow, I wanted them all to live as far as I could make it, so that I could learn more. :(
What if I kill this one and find out #1 is a male?

How it is right now.

Mr_Micro

Your grow's lookin good Snider! :D Aside from a little leaf burn your plants are lookin pretty happy! Nice tight internode length on #1 especially. I dig the new planter too... it fits the case well and has a nice zen style about it.:bow: :ying:

What I would do if I was you is to improve your chances of having a female by just flowering right now and hopefully within the next 2 weeks you'll know if either of your two plants are a female. If #1 gets a little too tall than just go ahead and LST it with some pipecleaners to keep the height down while you wait to find out if either of your two young'uns are girls.

If you've got a 50% chance or so of finding a female your odds are a lot better off with two plants than with one. And with a little creative training I'm sure you can keep the height down until you find out the genders.

Anyway, I'm rambling again, but good lookin grow man! I'll be lookin forward to your next update :lurk:

Last edited: