What's new

Neat MicroPC growbox with FLUOROS

it looks good snider. plant 1 looks fine but the stem looks skinny. u should add more soil to the cup or add some wind movement in the growbox to beef up the stem. 6500k is good for rootin and vegitative growth u can throw in one of the other bulbs if you want to add some more light, but i dont know if itll be that helpful.
plant 1 is fine by that light, plant 2 looks like it could be closer though. see if you can put both plants right underneath the lightbulbs? for plant #2, i think you should just let it grow out, if it dies then oh well worth the try. it may still grow into a healthy plantm.

Snider

Today pics

#3 is out of the race. #3.1 is the newcommer.

#2 is behaving the same. got new top soil and lil watering

#1 is doing good, got new top soil and lil watering as well

Snider

So there must be wind.
If you dont remember I had one hd cooler with 3 fans on the top bay of the case. Plus, there was one more fan to blow inside the case.

I hooked them up and both are on right now.

Top bay, 3 small coolers bringing air to the inside.

Bigger one to make it windy.

Speed control which is working just as on/off switch.

And there's that one on the back taking the air out.

But check this out. When I started posting temps read 22.5C (72.5F). It was chilling outside. The last 3 days were a lot warmer and I switched lamps for a higher wattage. Now it's reading 31.3C (88F).
Is this too much?

Plants seem to bem ok. Will search the forums for temperature issues.

Snider

Please help.

I did a search on the Infirmary forum, but could not diferentiate the possibilities.

Why are #1 leaves getting yellowish?
I been using tap water every 2 to 3 days, depending on how dry I see it is. The soil has only perlite, not vermiculite.
Why is the stem so thin?

#3.1 seems to be ok

KIDDbrown

hook up your grow with some nutes man. grab some blood meal or some veg boom and try to get some filtered water too. drop in a mix of some miracle grow in the water too. ya shoulda thrown in some perlite or some stone to get air to those roots too. what strand is it? dont want it to get too outta control in there. anyways its yourfirst grow youll learn some mistakes along the way just do the best you can do and enjoy it when the shit buds man.

Snider

I have these 2 with me right now:

West Garden which is 10-10-10.

And Bonsai fert (10-25-15) with nutes.
Are they too strong?

Saabotage

Ok, follow my instructions!

1.Go and buy (2) 6 inch Terra Cotta pots. They will fit perfectly in your growroom! ( So you won't get to see the roots big deal).
2. Hook up 4-6 of those 25w lights in the grow chamber. Yes 4 to 6 of them!
3. Are those 3 fans in a row at the top of your box and are they intake fans? if so move them to the bottom of the box. and put an exhaust fan in its place.
4. Repot your plants from the cups into the pots. this time however you have alot of stretchy stims where the MJ plants are begging for light. report the plant as for the stim to be buried almost all the way up to the first set of leaves. (this stim will turn into a root over the next few days/weeks.
5. Buy a Ph meter or ph strips and test your waste water from your pots every now and again. try to keep your fert water weak in ferts 30%-50% max(you can always add more) and at about 6.2-6.8 Ph.
6. When watering don't water till about 2 inches down in the soil is dry then water completely. Up to about the high 90's is ok for MJ. Light is all important. It is near impossible to duplicate the sun! (go try to look at it!) So put all them lights in their.

We may have saved your grown!

Saabotage

Ohh and get a good soil. Something with peat moss in it is ok most of the time :p add alittle perlite, some rocks and Poof your rolling!

Snider

KIDDbrown: thanks for the tips. dont know what strand it is.

Saabotage: hey, thanks for stopping by. very useful advice you gave me.
1- I will get the terracota pots. but for now I thought #1 was getting desperate so I transplanted her to #2 box. Killed #2, she's out. She's was not growing, was just standing in there. Mixed more perlite and vermiculite.
During transplantation #1 lost a small part of it's roots. Let's see how she behaves.

2 - will try to figure out a way to fix 2 more than what I was previous thinking.

3 - yeah, they are all intake fans. There's one exaust fan in the back, and one in the middle to cause disturbance. should I move them still?

4 - NICE tip. Will add more soild when I get back home. Must go out for lunch now.

5 - will get the ph meter as soon as I can.

6 - Thanks. valuable tips. :D :D :D :D

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Another starter, #4

Already placed on the best soil mix I did till now. Seems the stem is already thicker than the others.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
pieceofmyheart said:
Your soil looks too heavy, like mud. When you transplant use a lot of perlite.

Looking good though
50-60% perlite to soil ratio

Snider

These are yesterday's pics.

#1 is OK I think, seems to be slowly growing.

#3.1 is growing fast

#4 is on its way too

Today the leaves grew a lot on #4

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
The wind movement against the plants makes stronger stems, you should see them moving in the breeze. When I have seedlings, I bury those seedlings in the dirt! Kidding, but I dont leave much stem above the soil at this point.

Trev

im setting up a similar setup for my girl friend. should be fun. put in some more lights yet?! lets see some more pics of that nifty case you got there haha.