What's new

My Under the Stairs Laboratory. Airpots,Coco, 4 strains

This is where I got mine http://www.calgrowers.com/. Guy there knows a lot about them and was very helpfull. The 5l should be plenty the 9l's are kinda big

I bought some from http://www.growers-inc.com/air-pots.html and had a great experience. Just another option.

I just started my first grow and I'm using the 12.5L airpots. They seem much larger than what you guys are using - is there a reason for this? I was under the impression that a 3-5 gallon pot was ideal for our plants so I went with the the 12.5L (3.4 gallon) pots. Are you acting under the notion that you can fit more root mass, or higher quality root mass in a smaller volume with the airpots? I'm curious because the 12.5L pots are pretty cumbersome in my small area and perhaps I could downsize. I don't want to sacrifice any yield by doing so, however.

Nice diary btw, thanks for sharing!

M

mrsrixon

I bought some from http://www.growers-inc.com/air-pots.html and had a great experience. Just another option.

I just started my first grow and I'm using the 12.5L airpots. They seem much larger than what you guys are using - is there a reason for this? I was under the impression that a 3-5 gallon pot was ideal for our plants so I went with the the 12.5L (3.4 gallon) pots. Are you acting under the notion that you can fit more root mass, or higher quality root mass in a smaller volume with the airpots? I'm curious because the 12.5L pots are pretty cumbersome in my small area and perhaps I could downsize. I don't want to sacrifice any yield by doing so, however.

Nice diary btw, thanks for sharing!

The 3l airpot is equivalent to a normal pot two to three times its size. You can see how big it can get in a 3l pot so going for anything more than the 9l is overkill.

I actually would much rather have bought the 5l or 7.5l rather than the 9l. The plan was to transplant into the9l from the 3l, but after seeing what the 3l is capable of I don't see much of a need for anything larger than a 5L.

As far as a higher quality root mass I don't know. Cannazyme is a must to help the plant with dead roots to help keep your root mass nice and healthy. I have been told that a medium sized "root ball" is best for uptake of nutes and overall plant growth.

hope that helps

M

mrsrixon

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1196.jpg
    100_1196.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_1194.jpg
    100_1194.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1191.jpg
    100_1191.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
The 3l airpot is equivalent to a normal pot two to three times its size. You can see how big it can get in a 3l pot so going for anything more than the 9l is overkill.

I actually would much rather have bought the 5l or 7.5l rather than the 9l. The plan was to transplant into the9l from the 3l, but after seeing what the 3l is capable of I don't see much of a need for anything larger than a 5L.

As far as a higher quality root mass I don't know. Cannazyme is a must to help the plant with dead roots to help keep your root mass nice and healthy. I have been told that a medium sized "root ball" is best for uptake of nutes and overall plant growth.

hope that helps

Thanks for the info mrsrixon. I went ahead and ordered some 7.5L pots to see how those work with my setup. The smaller size will fit better in my space. Hopefully they arrive quickly so I can downsize from the 12.5L without affecting the roots. Seedlings are only a week old.

Looking frosty there! :)

K

keef_on_top

Those are purdy.... Can't wait to see the final product. I am digin' those airpots

M

mrsrixon

Can anyone in here tell me if this indeed is Grand Daddy Purple? It is what I was told from the guy I got the cuts from. I have seen pics of supposed GDP and they don't look the same. I would like to know what I'm growing or else I am going to name the bitch myself

M

mrsrixon

Day 36 on 12/12 Grand Daddy Purple

Day 36 on 12/12 Grand Daddy Purple

here are some fresh snap shots of the slut. Enjoy!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1211.jpg
    100_1211.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1210.jpg
    100_1210.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1208.jpg
    100_1208.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1207.jpg
    100_1207.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 14
M

mrsrixon

day 42 12/12

day 42 12/12

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1211.jpg
    100_1211.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1218.jpg
    100_1218.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1217.jpg
    100_1217.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1214.jpg
    100_1214.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 15

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Whatever strain it is, it looks really damn good! Nice work Mrsrixon and thanks for sharing the info on the Air Pots!