What's new

My Under the Stairs Laboratory. Airpots,Coco, 4 strains

M

mrsrixon

Bad news.... My skunkberry bitch decided she wanted to be a Guy instead! What a douche bag! I am pretty sure I caught it early enough that the GDP wasn't exposed to any man juice. At the moment the GDP looks great. I will keep my fingers crossed that her cherry wasn't popped.

Anyone think this can be attributed to the Dark period before flower? I never do it but tried it this time.

I will get pics up tomorrow..

M

mrsrixon

Here is the GDP at day 14 flower and some root shots of the Skunkberry I cut down :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1155.jpg
    100_1155.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1159.jpg
    100_1159.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1161.jpg
    100_1161.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1162.jpg
    100_1162.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 9
M

mrsrixon

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1171.jpg
    100_1171.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1162.jpg
    100_1162.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1163.jpg
    100_1163.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 10
M

mrsrixon

the GDP is looking great at day 20. Very nice resin production for the stage she is in. I will try to snap some shots tonight when the lights are off.

M

mrsrixon

Wicked looking root mass. With all those dimples. Healthy looking plants.

Thanks bud. I am convinced these are the best pots period. I am loving every bit of this grow and will never go back to hydro.

The airpots combined with the coco is the way to go. To damn easy and the girls seem to love it!

I Can't get any good pics at night nor during the day so I will do some experimenting later.

M

mrsrixon

Day 29 of 12/12 Grand Daddy Purple

Day 29 of 12/12 Grand Daddy Purple

Looking yummy!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1181.jpg
    100_1181.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1184.jpg
    100_1184.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1185.jpg
    100_1185.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1190.jpg
    100_1190.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 10

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Sure you can bro you are looking good man I didn't read what size they are in saw something about not going into the 9L ones this round so I'm guessing those are the 5L ones I have? Well whatever size shits looking nice and healthy in there!

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Fucking awesome root shot, I've been waiting to see that exact picture ever since I heard about air pots. If I don't get them for this grow they'll definitely be used in the next run. I can't wait to see what the rootballs look like at the end of flower! :respect:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I was gonna say your roots looked WAY better than mine but I wasn't very on top of my shit and didn't have a nutrient schedule written out like I do this time.. Got some Smart Pots today to compare since GetMO said what he did which was they got double what the Air Pots did with the same strain! I have 2 strains in both pots so we'll see what happens I can say the Smart Pots are a lot wider than my 1gal Air Pots so maybe that had something to do with it cuz I've always heard wider pots yield bigger plants cuz the roots have more room to stretch..

M

mrsrixon

Sure you can bro you are looking good man I didn't read what size they are in saw something about not going into the 9L ones this round so I'm guessing those are the 5L ones I have? Well whatever size shits looking nice and healthy in there!

She is in the 3L pot. I am really happy with the nutrient combo I put together for this run and will continue to use this setup.

M

mrsrixon

Yea I was gonna say your roots looked WAY better than mine but I wasn't very on top of my shit and didn't have a nutrient schedule written out like I do this time.. Got some Smart Pots today to compare since GetMO said what he did which was they got double what the Air Pots did with the same strain! I have 2 strains in both pots so we'll see what happens I can say the Smart Pots are a lot wider than my 1gal Air Pots so maybe that had something to do with it cuz I've always heard wider pots yield bigger plants cuz the roots have more room to stretch..

I was really impressed when I opened the airpot up and saw how crazy the roots went. It would make a transplant extremely easy so I think I will start in the 3l and move to the 9l like originally planned next time around but I'm not 100% on that.

I was looking at the smart pots vs these airpots before I bought and am very happy with the decision to go with the airpots.

M

mrsrixon

Fucking awesome root shot, I've been waiting to see that exact picture ever since I heard about air pots. If I don't get them for this grow they'll definitely be used in the next run. I can't wait to see what the rootballs look like at the end of flower! :respect:

I couldn't believe the root ball when I opened the airpot up. I almost shit myself! And that was a plant 30 days old max. You don't need anything bigger than the 9L if not the 5L. The roots just get fat not long.

The one picture with the rootball all ripped up those roots were so strong I couldn't pull them off no matter how hard I tried. Like the add says "develops wood fiberous root system" they weren't lying.

Another thing I love about them is you can't over water, it's just not possible.

If you do decide to buy the airpots I was told they work best with coco from their USA west coast supplier.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I will definitely be getting a 10 pack of the Air Pots, anywhere to order them online that isn't based in the UK? The 5l size looks good for my cabinet, the 9l ones might be a bit large, and seeing that rootball, that 3l air pot probably has as much roots as a 2gallon traditional container, if not more.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
How many times a day do you water? I go for 3 but sometimes only do 2 and last time I was all over the place watering here and there like a dummy but my Double Purple Blowfish and my bagseed purple are taking off after being in the Air Pots for a few days I can't wait to get them really going. I was also gonna ask how big do you wait to flower em at?

M

mrsrixon

I will definitely be getting a 10 pack of the Air Pots, anywhere to order them online that isn't based in the UK? The 5l size looks good for my cabinet, the 9l ones might be a bit large, and seeing that rootball, that 3l air pot probably has as much roots as a 2gallon traditional container, if not more.

This is where I got mine http://www.calgrowers.com/. Guy there knows a lot about them and was very helpfull. The 5l should be plenty the 9l's are kinda big

M

mrsrixon

How many times a day do you water? I go for 3 but sometimes only do 2 and last time I was all over the place watering here and there like a dummy but my Double Purple Blowfish and my bagseed purple are taking off after being in the Air Pots for a few days I can't wait to get them really going. I was also gonna ask how big do you wait to flower em at?

I water as needed. Usually water 1-2 times a day with around 10% run off. It seems to run the pattern of 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 waterings per day. Sometimes I will go for more like 15-20% to get a good flush of the coco with fresh nutes.

I let them veg for about 3 weeks. I start flower at about 18". I chopped a handful of times times after a week of growth I fimmed each of the two new growing ends from the previous, which made 4-6 new budsites per fimm