What's new

monkeys' juice drips on coco just b'cuzz

aeric

Veteran
Thanks for the props guys. Those tests sound interesting and ambitious KL.
Hope I can do with only using MJ bloom as I veg w/nutes for just about 1 week before inducing flowering... What do you guys think!?!
Canna is great for that, but AN having seperate veg and flo formulas I haven't tried that one or heard others try it. That will be another experiment i guess.

Kenny Lingus

Yup, it's maybe a lil too ambitious, but a little clue on taste or other possible differences I'll probably get out of it.

Seem like I get away fine with only Bloom formula in pure coco. Canna has 5-4-4 and MJ 5-4-3 I beleive so they should work the same in fresh medum. (I will use Canna or 3-part when settling clones into the 7,5cm rw cubes though. Could probably just mix a bunch of Grandma Engys Seaweed Extract to the MJ-bloom and root/veg with it for the whole week.)

I'm at least very exited to start the slabs with AN nutes. Hydro-organic mix suits me well, and the results I see from the potted clones that are 10-14days ahead are just excellent.

If nothing else I will benefit from raised humidity from foliar feeding the first 2 weeks of flowering. (My daytime rh is barely readable. (xx-35% and up to 50 at nights...)

Sorry for blabbering on in your thread mate. I just have so many q's on these AN things and noone to ask...

Hope you're safe and sound!

HAPPYTREE

Hey aeric maybe i missed it but do you have any PICS of that serrated cali o

thanks HT

And i am also going to experiment with this coco, maybe a side by side with the hydroton ebb/flo i got right now

HT

aeric

Veteran
Thanks for asking HT. Didn't like how they turned out, and they didn't like the high-ish nutes they were all getting, sadly discarded them. I did alot of Cali-O in the past and these weren't up to par. Gonna have to try another company or wait for a clone of the real deal...AE77 or Orange Kush would suffice lol.

Hopeful beginnings

The only decent mature pic

aeric

Veteran
Sorry for blabbering on in your thread mate. I just have so many q's on these AN things and noone to ask...
Please feel free KL this is as good a place as any, I may not always have a good answer but hopefully some like minded folks in here will.

aeric

Veteran
Made some crosses

PK x F13
PK x BKS
Katsu x F13, BKS
Pebbles x V3
Hulk x V3

Not enough space or time to dedicate to them, hopefully can find someone to test them.

C_Q

Damn Aeric! You a busy boy! Looks like some interesting stuff gonna be happening in your future.

Also I gotta say, the BKxBS looks donkalicious!!!! Beautiful trichome coverage. I would love to see some dried shots. The LA PK also looks realll nice, thats Pure Kush right? If it's anything like the PK I've had from the clubs here in socal, it will be :bongsmi: yeah like that hehe! So my favorites are LA PK, BKxBS, then F13. It will be interesting to see your preferences after smoked =).

C_Q

Ohh and Kenny, wouldn't it be worthwhile to get the MJ grow? I saw in the other thread, it was suggested using the veg nutes until about what, 12-14 day bloom? So you would actually be using veg nutes for 3 wks?

aeric

Veteran
You hit the nail on the head CQ...PK then BKxBS veeery close 2nd, then F13. A few friends prefer BKBS, a few prefer LAPK, but it's almost semantics, they are very close in quality. Some BKBS stood out so much it was easy to pick out the favorites, the others would still make 99% of growers very happy i think. Still trying to whittle down the F13 to the favorites, almost every pheno is good in its own way. I'll try to get some cured shots up soon.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
aeric said:
Made some crosses

PK x F13
PK x BKS
Katsu x F13, BKS
Pebbles x V3
Hulk x V3

Not enough space or time to dedicate to them, hopefully can find someone to test them.
Those crosses sound very interesting and dank....can't wait to see someone grow out your gear...I forgot what the BKS is...gonna have to thumb back through this when I've time :rasta:

How's the stretch on the LA Pure? She's a tad nute sensitive in comparison to my other strains.....gonna veg her to a bush
The Pebbles is one of my favorites....she gets bushy as heck....bet she does wonders in a SOG, but seems well suited for the bush :joint:

peace

aeric

Veteran
The LAPK puts out 2 types from clone...no i'm not crazy. Probably based on whether it's a lower or higher cut....who knows but anyways there's one that barely stretches at 40% i'd say, and the most vigorous ones more like 90%. Of course your methods affect it too (hydro, handwatered etc.) Dripping 3-4x/day makes em stretch almost as much as DWC, well into 3rd week of flo, kinda weird, and the fan leaves get massive. If Arsenio Hall was in the room they'd be bigger than his hands. Handwatering they stayed pretty tight, a nice comfortable stretch. The longer they veg the more MG they want IMO (moms), and thus of course some Ca, in flo is the same, plenty of nutes is what they crave, as per most Cali Kushes. One thing they really hate more than most is heat.

They need topped 2-3x for a bush cuz after one topping they still try to keep that central cola, it's a beast too but with the remaining tops being 1/2-2/3 the way up it's wasteful...for single cola you're golden with good density/spacing.
The Pebbles is one of my favorites....she gets bushy as heck....bet she does wonders in a SOG, but seems well suited for the bush
Yeppers I agree. She rocks. Yield was kinda laughable in SOG but she behaves so nice, doesn't complain much. The smaller, outer limbs in bush style (topping more than once) will tend to get rubbery and bend over easy in late flo, stake or prune early, your results may vary on everything i just said lol.

I think those crosses will be in good hands soon.

aeric

Veteran
Someone asked for cured shots??? I put these up in budshots forum so for a slight bit more detail it's in that thread.

The best BKS

Best F13

aeric

Veteran
LAPK Oh yeah....

Katsu Bub

I need an SLR. Can't change lenses on this one for a decent macro, harder to take macros then even a basic Nikon, though it's nice.

C_Q

They all look like the kill ill fire bro!! What an amazing job you did with them... Can you do a smoke report on the LAPK. I run a bubba kush, but now sure which variation.

Yeah I been wanting to get a dslr too. Soon hopefully. Too many other things needed atm.. dehuey, more nutes, blah blah... ;)

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
PK

PK

That LAPK looks stellar!
aeric said:
The smaller, outer limbs in bush style (topping more than once) will tend to get rubbery and bend over easy in late flo, stake or prune early,
Thanks....she (Pebbles) has a very dense canopy (only 13" tall right now)...I'll stake/train her when she goes to the 5 gal rootzone (at 24" tall) for flower

Lookin' good bro...very well done, aeric

peace

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I wish I hadn't lost that KBK you sent me, lol...
That LA Pure...that shit aint funny.....it's no joke

~Dank~

Latest posts

Latest posts