What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maj.PotHeads Grow

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
heck yes been waiting since nov 05 for the move n to get set back up i had a great grow on OG so i've rolled the dice again and this is what i've come up with.

genitics 2 kinds #1 purple shaq, #2 very very old humboldt genitics {7-15 yr's old} humboldt was allways kept in a air tight film canister in a dark cool lock box. the purple shaq was given to me by my nephew last dec he got a 1/2 elbow that had some seed's in some nugs so he took some good seed and gave the seedy stuff back to his guy i mean 3,300 lb he was kinda mad lol. ok now the story behind the humboldt genitics had a friend from 1988-98 who's brother drove up got it and came back to here. every seed i got between that time i saved most seed came in 1/4=1/2 lb's and only few at that 15-20 a shot type so i horded them he he.

heres my fert's and soil amendments

so onward hooooo

1st step was to scarfication of the seed a small matchbox and a peice of 1,000 grit sand paper in bottom. gently shack seed in box for a few minutes

2nd step soil home depot supersoil potting soil

soil NPK

purple shaq in glass 1.5 days tarpits showen allready yeaa baby

humboldt in the cup
all seed shaq and humboldt sunk
purple shaq tarpits

3x3in 18 count containers

purple shaq planted

humboldt planted

and some ninjas quick wash ISO i made last summer from 2 G13 males shit got me and some friends wacked lmao just blew us away that males G13 would do it he he

lighting for now will be 2 x 20w fluro as i build my new closet i'll add it in here whoot :woohoo:

ok i've rolled the dice and said my prayers JA please bless my grow

oh yes i dont believe in ferts during veg but do have fox farm grow big prolly wont use it i have seaweed extract i will use 1-2 times. should be transplanting in 2 wks anyho, for flowering i have fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom i start tiger bloom off at 1/4 strength.

right now i have no dolimite lime in the soil but for flowering i will

Last edited:
G

lookin very nice man good luck with your grow smoked one for you in hopes of good luck
Pope

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
heck yes just got 20 more purple shaq beans this should get real interesting hum, 30 purple shaq beans 18 old humboldt. i should wind up with some very nice keeper phenos from both strains, mums and breeding guess this chart will be handy

thx perfect_potleaf and bakedpope yes im off to a very good start now i think :woohoo:

G

hope they all sprout out nice for you bro and dont give you to much of a prob
lookin forward in seeing if the turn out purple

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
this is what the purple shaq looks like before smoked he he

i didnt grow this but mine should look very close, right now my beans are outside gettn sun off the ground 80-85 deg temps. i should have another 2 wks before they must come in, hopefull by then my deposot from old rental is here so i can build a nice cab in the closet. 2 ft deep x 4 ft long x 56 inch to bottom of 400w hps on the flower side, this cab will have 2 ft x 2 ft flower side 2 ft x 2 ft mum and clone side. alot of G_Potters fire proofing suggestions will be incorperated into the design mainly the 3/4 marine plywood, i also found layn around this new/old house lol some 1 inch chicken wire type stuff looks perfect for a scrog screen. so guess im gonna do a double potted 2 liter soda bottle clones scrogged after LST/FIM is performed. for real the 400w hps is gonna slam the 2x2 erea so im gonna try an take full advantage of this fact. lol oh by the way im smoken the PS now cough cough passn to all

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
nice to see the site back safe an secure alot has happened in the last 20 days or so.

here is the temp veggn erea some seed have sprouted humboldt on the top 1st 10 purple shaq underneath. lighting is 1 45w cfl@2900 lumens warm above underneath is 3 x 20w single tube fluro's

9 of the 1st 10 ps sprouted behind is another 20 ps planted 1 wk l8r

here is 22 of 30 purple shaq sprouted

here are 2 close ups

now on the humboldt note i have 4 survived of 8 sprouted thier kept outside because the purple shaq needs the better envroment. for now the purple shaq gets the 1st 4-5 hr of morning sun then back in the closet when temps start to rise above 82-83.
here are 2 l8r revisions of the veg erea the last is currently in use

280w mixed spectrum cfls 1 -25w sunlight @1471 lumens burns blue 1 45w warm @2900 lumens there is approx 8742 lumens per sqft lights stay a messured 3 inch from plants tops

plants containers for now are 2 liter soda bottles w/top cut off drianage holes in bottom and airation holes in the sides from top to bottom

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
right on thx l8r i'll have a ruff diagram of what the closet will look like real soon, i'm gonna run with 2 --- 2 sqft floor chambers each 2ft x 2ft 1 for mum's and clones other for flowering 400w hps. i plan to scrogg 20 dbl potted 2 liter soda bottles, each clone should have approx 1 gal soil then. i'll have approx 4ft from bottom of 400w hps to top of scrog screen, this should provide me a nice thick forrest of thick spear's ifn JA and the creator permits :) whoot

oh srry fyi all whom dont know them alum pans work great with cfl's you just need a small fan to blow across the ballast and bulb erea. it helps to rid the ambient heat build up that will accure with out the fan/fans :)

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
quick little update

things are looking pretty good on the purple shaq end but the humboldt ehhh it's stragglin outside with temps 90's-low 100's. just no room indide for the humboldt right now only 6 of 18 sprouted of that 4 are still going 3 in the pic.
so i've wound up with 22/30 purple shaq 6/18 old humboldt genitics, i know the humboldt should be inside also. but the wifey wont allow another dbl cfl set up lol

enjoy i am :joint:

looks mostly indica

looks mostly sativa

poor humboldt

the shaq gets some early morning sun every day for now

Last edited:
G

so are you veggin outdoors and bringn them back in when sex shows or what?? or did I read that wrong, I coulda swore you said someting about a closet.

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
JayRoach420 said:
so are you veggin outdoors and bringn them back in when sex shows or what?? or did I read that wrong, I coulda swore you said someting about a closet.
yes plants are brought outside at5-6am and around 9-10 am i bring them back into the house for 10-15 min cool down then back into the closet. then i use 280w mixed spectrum cfls lighting until 12 midnight lights go out, repeate next morn when i wake and bake lol. plants are around 3 wks from seed planted in soil

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
heck yea taken advantage of the break in hotter temps doing some outside veggn

of course they come back in about an hr before dark and placed under the 280w in cfl's untill midnight then back out at 6am

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
heres a ruff design of what i plan to build in my closet

if all gose right i should be abel to harvest 20 oz from flowering side every 55-60 days of course this depends on how long the clones take to fill screen under the 400w hps 18/6. plan is to have clones from the mum's by mid july and perspective mum's are growing up now lol, hope the 1s i'm eyen are girls

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
ive decided against building the cab i found this and will use my design for the cab i should do good with this1 http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=83870-444-WS48MP&lpage=none the old 400w hps that was loan to me was given to me so now i'll remote the ballast outta the cab whoot kooltube looking real nice for the flower chamber now he he. still waiting on my deposit from old house they said 30 day from when keys turned in blahhhhhh. i gave them 875$ us when i moved in for deposit and by rights should had it w/1wk of leaving the house clean and empty. oh well lol few more days then the cab couldnt happen any sooner plants are almost to a size that my number of them the current cfls lighting wont be good enough. need to fire up the 400w hps for the rest of veg pick the mum's takes my cuttings establish them. then BAM back into the flower chamber veg 18/6 w/400w hps untill my screen is filled to desired load up he he and Bam 12/12 her's a few pics dang roots are in the bottom of the 2 liter soda bottels and 1 wk from last transplant.
red tub seems more indica dom blue tub looks more sativa dom :joint:

some what even canopy

i knicknamed this 1 cabbage head what it reminds me of lmao nodes seem to be stacking ontop of each other

roots in bottom after 1 wk

put away again after the watering

looks like im gonna be a very happy camper :jump: :canabis: :pimp3: