What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED lights?

Murphy

Subcribing, I'm all about new ideas. I lack the knowledge to contribute anything intelligent but, I know it's the future. To many problems in the world with energy use and rising costs. LEDs or something similar to eventually replace all lighting.....

PearlJamFan

Hey everyone, I just got my reply back from my contact in Japan. This is what he said.

This lamp is designed by us and idea given by a plant gorwing professional, samples of them were already in testing by him somewhere in Europe. The sample price is USD**/pc, 6pcs min for free EMS shipping.

Anyone interested, I am thinking of grabbing those 6, but will grab more if people are interested. Maybe I could sell them on Ebay :)

DeadlyFoez

PearlJamFan said:
Anyone interested, I am thinking of grabbing those 6, but will grab more if people are interested. Maybe I could sell them on Ebay :)

Not one bit interested. THose will still only have 2 wavelengths and in the end they wont do as good as they should if all wavelengths are included.

People just dont seems to get it. There are MANY wavelengths that you have to hit upon for it to work great, otherwise it will only work OK.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...ds+site:overgrow.com&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

Check that link out, it has lot of info.

You'd be better off making your own array and it'd be cheaper also.

DeadlyFoez

Well Knna, my question to you is, how do those led's you speak of compare to a bulb shaped led's in terms of efficiency.

Although cost may be an issue to you, for me it's not. I'm sure you've provided links before...buy to make it easier for me, what are your top choices in leds manufactuars here in the states? Can you give links please?? Thanx

BabyHughie

2102Mess7_25_06-med.JPG

when I see an LED grow that looks half this nice I will be sold. Until then... :joint:

Photo is not mine, its one that stuck with me while reading through mrwags bucket thread. :respect: