What's new

~(Kief Junkie & Q.K.) 250w Organic Medi-Cab (Royal Hawaiian, W. Rhino, Bubblicious)~

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Nice work! The real fun begins now that you can make the small improvements. It looks like that 250w would go well vertically in there too.

T

teerull

congratz on a nice harvest KJ!
Hope to see some more pics and a smoke report!!

It's a shame you bin all of the trim though... If I may ask why don't you cook with it? It is really super easy and I can definitely tell that edibles are REALLY good medicine.. Have you looked at making cannabutter? I've made it once and then made some muffins with it and I must say it was probably the best thing I've ever cooked. 2 muffins got me medicated for ~6hrs with an hour or so delay.

can't wait to see the dried buds!

peace,
T:joint:

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
congratz on a nice harvest KJ!
Hope to see some more pics and a smoke report!!

It's a shame you bin all of the trim though... If I may ask why don't you cook with it? It is really super easy and I can definitely tell that edibles are REALLY good medicine.. Have you looked at making cannabutter? I've made it once and then made some muffins with it and I must say it was probably the best thing I've ever cooked. 2 muffins got me medicated for ~6hrs with an hour or so delay.

can't wait to see the dried buds!

peace,

Thanks Teerull! I'll get some pics up soon of the harvest, maybe even later today (but certainly by tomorrow, because I plan to manicure them the final time for jars later this afternoon).

We don't cook because we live in a place where if we did, we'd have some curious noses wondering what the hell was going on. I've cooked with cannabis in the past, and it stinks a place up REAL good! I'd like to do bubble hash, but haven't bought the bags yet (and we also don't live in the best place for that kind of messy project either). So for now, they're sacrifices, but it's a necessary one.

K.J

Veteran
Nice work! The real fun begins now that you can make the small improvements. It looks like that 250w would go well vertically in there too.

Thanks for dropping in Catman. Indeed it was nice to tweak the cabinet and grow environment a bit.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Yup.

Have you heard of ISO hash? All it involves in soaking trim very shortly in iso-alcohol and then you let it evaporate and tada, hash. Its the lowest grade hash so maybe it isn't in your medical interest, but I think it is well worth the trouble even for small amounts.

K.J

Veteran
Yup.

Have you heard of ISO hash? All it involves in soaking trim very shortly in iso-alcohol and then you let it evaporate and tada, hash. Its the lowest grade hash so maybe it isn't in your medical interest, but I think it is well worth the trouble even for small amounts.

Yes, I've done research on all sorts of hash. But I personally only care for dry sift, bubble hash, etc....no extracts. Someday though, we'll make good use of all of the trim!

roboto212

That sucks that you werent able to utilize the trim :( ... For my crop I utilize every part of the plant except the roots. I made a nice bracelet out of the hemp fibers of my first plant and cooked with the trim; you know what I did with the buds :) .

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those last pics look great - and it's nice to get the opportunity to do some work on the cab. mine is perpetual so it's really hard to put the plants anywhere else dark and make any modifications.

cheers

V.

K.J

Veteran
Final pictures of the ladies before curing

Final pictures of the ladies before curing

Today the girls have been hanging up for over 4 days, drying. I checked and they were definitely ready for jars to cure in (a bit dry, maybe over ready). So I trimmed them all up one more time, taking the large stems out, and then put them all in their own jars to cure for at least 3 weeks. Numbers are in and we more than doubled our first harvest!! Over 4 zips total, with the Bubblicious girls being the largest yielder's by a few grams each. Overall I'm VERY satisfied with the improvements over our last grow. Other than the mites, and the unruly plants once the got larger and heavy, everything went much better. Better yield and higher quality meds overall (just from our first testing of the early Royal Hawaiian crown we harvested). Hopefully our improvements on the cab will make for an even better 3rd grow!

I snapped a few final pictures for your enjoyment. Sorry they aren't better, they look a little lackluster, but this is what I have, so...

Thanks to everyone who joined us for this grow. I hope you all gained something of value. Please feel free to always ask questions or leave comments; I'll always come back to reply!

Peace and love.

Barbie Beth (Bubblicious)[L R], just before getting jarred (9 4 09)

picture.php

Rhonda Ruby Rosy (Royal Hawaiian) [L R], just before getting jarred (9 4 09)

picture.php

Wilma (White Rhino), just before getting jarred (9 4 09)

picture.php

Our 2nd harvest all jarred up and curing (9 4 09)

picture.php

K.J

Veteran
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I pray that every last nug of Royal Hawaiian we have turns out just like the little bit of Ruby we harvested early at 50 days. She's damn near the holy grail for us so far. A very, very energetic, thinking man's effect yet with a pronounced body effect after the first few tokes. It's very effective for my nerve pain condition and it flat out killed a migraine my lady had the other day. Couldn't ask for more!! It's very tasty for the first few green hits (a spicy flavor), but it quickly diminishes after that. It's a bit harsh too after the first few. But all of that will improve markedly with the cure as it continues on over the next few weeks. Can't wait to try the other RH's and see how they turned out!!

Now I really need to find out where these genetics came from exactly and how I get my hands on them again (damnit! Wish we had already been perpetual and could have taken clones).

Strangely

Looks great KJ, read the whole thread. Frankly you kicked those mites arses! Enjoy the fruits (well ok flowers) of your labour!!

T

teerull

that's inspiring stuff right there! when will we see the next round? :smoke:

and I must compliment you yet again on the trim job! like for real, you should be voted the best trimmer on ICMAG. How long did it take?? :yoinks:

have you decided the strains for the next round besides the RH already?

peace,

K.J

Veteran
Strangely: Welcome, welcome! Thanks for stopping by and dropping off those very kind comments. Glad you enjoyed it!

teerull: My, that's flattering. The greatest trim job on IC? Well, I don't think I can live up to that! And it's not just me..this time we had a guest trimmer who did an excellent job. It's a team effort and it took us about 5-6 hours total! I'm not sure when the next run will be as I still have some work to do on the cab after our remodel, but I would expect we'll have new beans going in the next week or two. I don't know if I can get my hands on the RH for this next run, though I'm REALLY hoping so. Either way, I know for sure we're going to run at least 3 of GD's Bubbledust. Excited for that one.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Wow nice grow for sure, to say the least it improved from your last. :D

I hope you and your lady have some good medical grade herb to free you from your pains.

Peace.

We're not yet cooking or making hash, so unfortunately our trim just gets chucked. Maybe someday we can make better use of it.

Beautiful nugs, but man, this made me cry right here. What are you thinking bro?!? At the very least, pick up a piece of silk screen and a frame, bingo blamo dry sift.

K.J

Veteran
Wow nice grow for sure, to say the least it improved from your last. :D

I hope you and your lady have some good medical grade herb to free you from your pains.

Peace.

Thanks HG! It's been a while. Nice to have you around. We sure did get superb medical grade cannabis for our conditions, as far as we can tell at this point. Can't wait for more cure to take place!

K.J

Veteran
In my next life, I wish to be KJ's guest trimmer! Paid in product, of course ;)

Haha! I'm not so sure you don't want to take that back; i'm a picky SOB when it comes to the trim job (well, and truthfully, everything else too!). Thanks for the kind words.

K.J

Veteran
Beautiful nugs, but man, this made me cry right here. What are you thinking bro?!? At the very least, pick up a piece of silk screen and a frame, bingo blamo dry sift.

Hey Bork! Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, it makes me cry when I have to throw it all away. I could save it, let it dry and then do some dry sift (which happens to be my fave kind of hash anyway). I just don't know if it'd be worth the very small amount I'd end up with (a few grams, maybe?). But you know, maybe we'll just give it a go next time and see what happens.