What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ic hydrohut "tent" grow club

Gemini

Yeah, I was just trying to find someway to make this work. I'm wondering if it is worth the time to try it just to have them die. This really pisses me off. Is this happening with everyone? Or just a select few people? :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :joint:

iv had my mini for a little over a year iv never had this problem but i have heard horror stories and it sounds like a real nightmare.. from what i hear hydrohut is doing a pretty good job at taking care of the situation. if you don't know if the tent is infected i would say try it & the best of luck.. :joint:

Gemini

Well I sent a message to them (HydroHut) to see what it is they have to say. I hope I have one that wasn't bad. How long have you been using yours suite? When did you buy it? And how many grows have you done in it.

Also I'm curious if you grew from seed or clone or both?

TIA

Gemini

iv always started from clone. i have grown three times in this tent and I'm on my fourth grow. i got mine around 1-1-7. i have grown through the hot summer with temps around 87 with good results so I'm pretty sure my tent is OK. i hope your is too :rasta:

Last edited:

hurricane

gregor_mendel said:
While coco looks like peat, it is more similar to rockwool, in that it has at least 20% air when soaked (given that it is allowed to drain well). Bottom line is that it is difficult to overwater.

This problem is well documented on this site. Sergio shouldn't have to defend this statement at this point.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81559&highlight=hydro+hut
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65544&highlight=hydro+hut
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=78802&highlight=hydro+hut
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=77070&highlight=hydro+hut

Apologies is if sounds like i'm calling him out, i'm trying to call myself out. My grow thread has several people thinking i have HH bad room syndrome and it looks nothing like the bad HH pics i've seen. I was hoping to see a full grow log, unfortunatly you linked me to several sick plants threads that dont show the development, they generally show the plant already sick, and then everyone says yea, please hate hydrohut !! :)

I'm simply trying to verify in an area where people growing(not dieing) in a hydrohut that my plants are only suffering from BGS(bad grower syndrome)

Heres the pics i've been told made people think of bad room syndrome:

Also still interesting in seeing a detailed grow log(i *love* details, 2 pictures and "hey i'm dieing" just doesn't cut it for me). The second link you gave me is one of my favorites on IC, read it several times. But not because its usefull, because it makes my laugh my ass off. People havin a 16th century witch hunt in that thread :) The first page is good and from there it goes silly. At a non-grow forum i frequent we call those thread-naughts(comparing to dreadnaught)

Hurricane

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Not if you ventilate 24/7 and keep a fan on the plants. :yes:

Here's my setup:

Fan & muffler:

Plants:

How I have the oscillation fan mounted:

Drip setup. Hard to see, I know:

Last edited:
i always run my fans 24/7 iv never had humidity problems. you might have problems if you run your fans on a timer with the light.

clowntown

Veteran
suiteflyer, yup. I used to have the fan on the same timer as the light, and had high humidity. I'd see numbers like 100% RH peak during fan/light out. Ever since I ran it 24/7 along with an oscillating fan, never a problem.

clowntown I'm very curious about your fan muffler how well does it work & does it restrict the air flow? i just upgraded to a dr150 from my 3x3 hh and now I'm now using a 6" vortex for the exhaust and a 4" for the intake the 6" is really loud and iv been trying to find a good way to quite it down with out restricting the flow thanks for any info Clowntown

clowntown

Veteran
Does not affect the air flow.

I have 6" ducting; the 6" has an 8" outer diameter, and a 6" diameter clear bore.

Texas Kid

Cool beans, I wanta play.....I am runnin a Hydrohut Mini 3x3, well 39" x 39" they use that new math hehe, with an air Super Horizontal full spectrum hood with two 600w Lumatek digis over an American Hydroponic Econo 3x3 ebb & flow table.

I use a 200cfm 4" Wind Tunnel forced air in at the bottom port and pull through my hood with a 440cfm 6" Vortec exhaust fan, there is a 6" ocilating fan in there to make the ladies dance and I think that is about it.

Right now there are 16 Perfect pots in there shoulder to shoulder and they are kickin ass. I used to run the 5.5" pots all the way through but like the rootmass, size, and vigor I am gettin from the 2 gallon perfect pots. Much lower plant count with higher yields, gotta love that....I think next flip I will run 12 of the perfect pots instead of 16 and see if I can't pull the same wieght or better with and even lower plant count..mostly all QP+ plants and a few that are double that...

I will get pics up soon...

I have a Sunhut 2x4(again with the new math 54" x 35.5") goin as well with an American Hydroponics Bigfoot 2x4 ebb&flow table and one 600w Lumatek and a 400w Global Greenhouse, 2 seperate Silverstar 6" Air cooled hoods over top, I tied the exhaust of both to a single 4" exhaust into the shared scrubber in the attic that is between the two tents, much bigger tent inn footprint and hieght than the Hydrohut..

Lovin'm though, they are hard to beat..

Tex

clowntown

Veteran
Texas Kid: I think the 13" foot (i.e., their 4x4 is 52x52; 4x8 is 104x52) is to accommodate for the overhead of E/F tables or other overhead, as I'm sure you know the American Agritech / Botanicare tables we have are measured in inner dimensions, meaning that a "3x3" table is actually larger than 36" x 36" on the outer dimensions.

Sounds like we have a similar setup. :D

Texas Kid

If you setup the American Agritech 3x3 table the way they have it designed it has a 50"long x 41"wide x 21.5"high footprint and even with some wigglin and cuttin it's a bitch to get it in the 3x3. If you stack then right above each other(tray and res) you can make it work but the American Hydroponic version of a 3x3 fits perfect but it is a little less heavy duty..

American Agritech
4x4 tray is actually 54" x 54" x 7"
3x3 tray is actually 40.5" x 40.5" x 7.5"
3x6 is 77" x 41.5" x 7"
4x8 is 102.5" x 53.25" x 7"

American Hydroponics offers a heavy duty tray for the econo setup for a few extra dollars and it is stout as hell, like the AA version, much better option for the 3x3 Hydrohut Mini IMHO.

Tex

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Tk what do you recommend for supporting a 4x4 in a hydrohut.... was thinking at first just cinderblocks + plywood, but noticed some SnapTure frame sold at my local hydrostore.

clowntown

Veteran
Texas Kid: Wow I had no idea the 3x3 is 40.5"! I have the same table as you, the Botanicare/American Agritech 3x3 white, and it fit in my 47" x 47" HomeBox XL with some space left over. I just assumed that being 36" x 36" internally, that it wouldn't have a difficult time fitting in a 39" x 39" space (maybe more like 38" x 38" after taking into account the poles).

Perhaps the extra-inch-per-foot is to compensate for any overhead in a 36" x 36" outer dimension table?

bartender187: I built my frame for the 3x3 out of 2x4. The edge lip is resting on the frame, instead of the bottom of the table resting on the frame. I have 16 x 2-gallon pots of wet, heavy coco on those tables with no problem at all, although bottom-support might be a bit sturdier and guarantees a flat (rather than curved) bottom for easy drainage. With my setup, it curves a little at the center.

Last edited:

Texas Kid

Snaptures are nice and for $40 or so bucks it's hard to beat...I like the stand that comes with the 4x4 table, powder coated, cut to length, all the hardware, it's nice....I do put coasters or furniture pads under the legs to prevent any tearing of the tent liner.

On the 4x4 be sure you have a center support rail of some sort so it doesn't sag. 2 drawer file cabinets would be a cool setup, they have a nice hieght and you could store all you gear and nutes in the empty drawers and kkep everything self contained.... cost alot though but sounds neat..lol

Home Depot sawhorse kits that you cut the 2x4's to length and rock on would work great.

If your using a huge rubbermaid for a res just be careful, those bitches will split on ya if you get to much water in them, and it's less than you would think...

Tex

Texas Kid

Yea, the Homebox is at 47.25" x 47.25" so you have just a bit o wiggle room. It's the lip around the top of the tray that screws you up in the corners of the hut.

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts