What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I am back again, this time with a female!

Hello everyone,

I had a post a while back with pictures of male plants and that was my first try. So now I am faced with a time shortage for my current grow room and I decided to experiment some more before my quality seeds arrive. Which will go into a better grow room when I get my new house.

I will also update this thread with pictures of what I have growing, so please check out the whole thread and if you see anything you can help me with, please let me know. :bat:

Anyways this post is just to show anyone who doesn't know what a young female looks like. This plant was grown at 12/12 from seed which germinated on 3/23 and sprouted from the ground on 3/25 and is now 22 days old. I had a hard time finding a good picture of a female showing her stuff at this young of a age, everyone just has pics of pistals that are fairly mature. SO, I did my best to show you this. I believe that the little clear/white hairs coming out of the arm pit next to the new sprout is the clear sex indicators.

This is the whole plant about 5 inches tall grown under 120 total watts of flouros. 12/12 from seed, with its first dose of Pure Blend Pro Bloom and Liquid Karma just last week, had just a little nute burn w/ 50% strength.

THanks For Checkin Me Out Hope you like my little experiment! :joint:
I will post some more pics in a week.

Last edited:
2 Weeks since I found my first female.

2 Weeks since I found my first female.

Whats up?

I have been waiting patiently to find out if my other 3 plants are females or not. I have checked out that thread bro and that is the exact thread that gave me the idea of 12/12 from seed. I am growing all 4 plants from bag seed so I have no idea what to expect, but so far I think I might have all females. I do have some concerns and questions about what is going on with me girls. So I am going to introduce them to you all.

Plant 1 This is my first female which has grown a lot in 2 weeks considering the picture above.

Plant 2 This is my second female and she just showed today on the very top node. Is this an indica plant and is that why she took so long to show her stuff?

Plant 3 This plant is bigger than 2, but has similar shaped leaves, and still has not given a definite sign of sex. Friend of mine says it's a SHE??

Plant 4 This one is weird, it has abnormal leaf patterns and when it was born the shell of the seed was still attached to the top of the sprout and stayed on for a couple days before I ripped it off cause it was dying. Then it grew its stem in a circular figure ontop of the dirt and didn't grow much, so after 3 weeks I took some wire and wrapped it around the stem and forced it to stand up a litte and finally she grew some. Going to transplant soon, need to find new arrangements for it, because box only fits 3 plants and this little cup its in.

That is the abnormal leafs.

Ok, Now that we are all acquinted, lets look at some problems.
Plants 1 and 3 have similar looking problems.
Plant 1

Plant 3

I think nute burn or they just died because these are the very bottom leafs on both plants. And I checked the dirt ph and it says 6.5-6.8 on all my plants?

Now plant 2 has little cuts on a couple of the leaves, not sure how or why, don't see any little critters in my grow box?

I want to thank everyone on this site for all the good shit on here!
Thanks for any feedback left, I will try and reply to any questions.
I also plan to make some more updates on this experiment.

Peace out! :joint:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
hey dude!
thanks for the invite to your thread! :) mind if i take a seat for the show? :lurk:
and hey,,,,where the hell is everyone? lol fucking ghost town around here!! :biglaugh:

things look irie mon :rasta: seriously i would just do as i said in PM with the epsoms and theyll do just fine.. do you own the cal/mag+ product? it is essential to the PBP program, in my experience....as PBP grow/bloom both lack the ingredients contained in cal/mag+ and liquid karma. so never grow with PBP without both those supplements on-hand :)

as i said earlier there are 3 things that the yellowing lower leaves is likely resulting from:
1. magnesium deficiency
2. nitrogen deficiency
3. lack of light

the all purpose schultz in the green bottle is a cure-all of sorts.. it contains all the nutrients a plant could need and will clear up any unkown deficiencies with a 1time dose. just a nice thing to have around, but dont add too much nitrogen this late in the game..you *are* in flower. so if need be u can use their 10-52-10 bloom booster if the symptoms show up again after week 3 or 4....after that i dont like adding any additional veg./allpurpose food if i can help it.

the straggler thats lookin ugly should simply be looked at as a bonus :p transplant her into a well-balanced soil mix oncwe rootbound and feed her well, then flip into flower and she should do fine...sometimes the photoperiod change can really turn a plant around for the better...i wouldnt devote too much time or space into the runt and watch for male flowers! (plants stressed early on in life as a seedling, like that, tend to have a better chance of being male, mutant, or hermie, in my experience...for what its worth...)

personally id bring her outside to grow if at all possible.. she'll make a complete turnaround and get healthier and larger than anything inside...i guarentee it ;) hehehe better than wastin the time n space on her inside anyways... outdoors is like magic :) the plants love bein out there, and you can still clone and keep a mom of her inside if ya want...
'cuz it could turn out to be somethin really nice too... and thats the other option when a plant is so far gone and lookin unhappy as shit...clone it. and when it roots and starts to veg it is like a new beginning and usually health and vigor return to normal.

i think i answered the rest of the q's in PM.... you take care my friend and best of luck on the run!

keep us updated homie
peace & love :bongsmi:

G

what strain or is that a bagseed?

looks good besides the yellowing man :(

good luck il keep a eye on this thread!

+rep

G

i have noticed that when i get those rusty spots on my lower leaves it was due to a ph imbalance, usually too alkaline...be careful as this will spread up the plant affecting all the fan leaves and then move on to the side growth, other than that your plants look good.

FINALLY, those last two took forever!!!

FINALLY, those last two took forever!!!

Hey everyone,
Thanks for all the replies! The PH Balance on all my soil is 6.5-6.8. So I think I am safe there. And yes this is a bag seed grow.
Although I ordered some seeds from seedboutique.com and I got screwed. It has been exactly 28 days since they claimed they shipped my order, but I don't know if I believe them, because I have not recieved anything. Anyways, I have been busy looking for a new house, but I am going to update the pics for my little experiment tomorrow or tonight.

I do have good news thought, ALL 4 of my plants are FEMALES!!!
WOO HOO!!! :woohoo:
I am very surprised!!!

I took about 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt and dissolved it in 1 liter of water, then I fed one fourth of the liter bottle to each plant on Friday last week. Ethereal suggested this, I am not sure on the dosage, but I am thinking about giving them a little more next watering. ??? I still see some new leaves with rusty looking spots forming on the edges. :wallbash:

:chin: Next watering is supposed to be 100% strength nutes for only the 2nd time and I am thinking maybe I should give them my expert brand all purpose nutes and see if that clears up those rusty spots that kill my fan leaves. If so, Do you think I should use 100% strength for this one time cure?

Thanks for any feedback!

PEACE :joint:
DRKN_MNKY420

Sorry it took me so long to update.

Sorry it took me so long to update.

Wow, what a difference two weeks make. :friends:
If anyone can tell me anything about these plants that would be appreciated.
Plant 1

This one is growing these budding sprouts away from the plant all over the place and has very thin long type leaves.

Plant 2

This one has gotten Tall since last pics.

Plant 3

This one has gotten tall too, but has also filled in nicely. This is my only plant with 9 leaves at the very top nodes. Also has the strongest smell of all 4. I am hoping this is my best one and best smoke. :muahaha:

Plant 4 the runt :pointlaug

I repotted this one 4 days ago into a one liter clear pot, only thing that fits in my grow box. This one has started a nice little cola, I don't know what to expect but looks like I will get something out of it.

Well this is my family as a group, I gave them all some epsom salt last watering and yesterday I gave them some all purpose nutes for a one time cure, in place of my PBPB and LK, to this MAG. def. I am having. So far I don't see as much spotting on the leaves. I think it worked. I did go away for 6 days and had some leaves get a little burnt from the lights.

THANKS FOR STOPPIN. PEACE :joint:
DRKN_MNKY420

Last edited:
These pics are from 5/19/07. Will update w/ new ones next week.

These pics are from 5/19/07. Will update w/ new ones next week.

WELCOME ALL!!!
Ok, so now we are finally starting to see these lady's take form. :lurk:
Take a seat, enjoy the show and leave some feed back someone. :jump:
Plant 1

This one is the only one growing any Trichs, I think?? Must be genetic. Unexpected for 12/12 from seed style grow.

Plant 2
I love this Plant, she is really starting to show resin formation. You will see it next week!!!

Plant 3
This is my only nine leaf plant so far and she is really putting on some leafage under her skirt???

Plant 4 THE RUNT, not so much anymore!!!
Wait till next week, you will be shocked at the vertical growth, I am.

Well I will be updating again soon, like monday. Thanks for stopping.
PEACE, DRKN_MNKY420

8 Days since last pics, WOW!!!

8 Days since last pics, WOW!!!

Hey every one. Lookin good so far. :kewlpics:

Plant 1

Plant 2, Looks like the RUNT might catch up or pass this one in size!
But this one has some nice crystal formation on the top already! :yummy:

Plant 3, My FAVORITE ONE!

Plant 4 THE RUNT, CHECK THIS OUT!!! :jawdrop:

I can't believe this, 4 1/2 Inches in 8 days. :yoinks:

Next update will be next week.
Peace, DRKN_MNKY420

Ok, so I got lazy and no one has responded to my pics, so I figured I would wait an extra week for another update. I hope I get someones attention, because I have some questions about what the hell to do with these bitches.

I am thinking about topping plants 2,3,&4 and then planting them outside until Oct., basically revegging and saving this lucky strains I have found. I originally planned to put the seeds that I ordered out side, but they never came so now I like what I see and think this may be the best way to reveg and cut some clones for a indoor winter grow for my new house. I have to get them out of my house because I am moving in 18 days.
And for plant 1, I am thinking of storing that one w/ a friend or just giving it to him, because it is going to be atleast another 6 weeks for this one, I think???

Someone let me know how much longer until each of my plants are ready and I also am not sure how to flush or if I should flush or how to finish up this grow if indeed there is still time?????????????????????????????????????
I don't intend to give them anymore nutes as of yesterday, just water from here out, I think???

Well here are the pics:
Plant 1

Plant 2

Plant 3

Plant 4 THE RUNT!

Thanks for any input on my situation and advice for my finish.
Peace, DRKN_MNKY420

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I would let them go for as long as I could. Then chop. Stash in a black plastic bag and move them with you for drying and curing. Do the speed limit, don't try to beat any lights, always give the other person the right of way, make sure all your lights are in working condition and go for it.

Hey Got a light :wave: , I plan on letting the bottom half of each plant continue to grow, just out side. Is it possible to just take the colas off the top at around the end of the month, and then plant the bottom half outside to finish up and maybe revegg??? I definitely have heard of people taking the cola off early to allow for the plant to focus on finishing up the lower buds. Is this a bad idea?

I am very inexperienced at this part of the grow, I have never gotten this far before and I keep reading but it seems like everybody has controversial finishes. Some flush, some don't, some say stickem in the dark for a couple days before you chop, some say no nutes, some say finish with nutes, some say stick your buds in water for 7 days to flush, I AM LOOSING MY MIND reading all this shit. :wallbash:

Based on what I got what is the easiest thing to do, for a beginner, to finish this grow with some good bud and I want to revegg these ladies for another grow in the winter if possible.

Thanks for the input,
DRKN_MNKY420 :joint:

Last edited:
UPDATE, WEEK 13 from seed!!!

UPDATE, WEEK 13 from seed!!!

OK, so it looks like I have some problems or maybe all the fan leaves are supposed to die????

I hope someone can tell me also if these are going to be done next week???
I really hope so!!! I am moving on Tuesday, so cut next Monday??? Flush on Wed.???

Well here are the pics this week:
Plant1
I am worried about this plant, she is getting top heavy and all those dieing leaves just happened over the last 48 hours. I haven't changed a thing, so not sure why this is happening. I figured this one will go until first or second week of July. Looks sativa?? I dunno. :confused:

Plant 2, Lookin Good, I say this one is the closest to done! :jump:

Compare plant 2, 8 days ago

Plant 3, I REALLY Like this one. This one had NINE leafs at the beginning!!! But she also has a lot of newly dieing leaves over the last 48 hours!!!

Plant 4, THE RUNT, I love this one, This one is the only one I tried adding this organic lime stuff, I found at the Home Depot, to the soil mixture. I have never really had trouble with brown spots or dieing leaves. Also has the lightest colored green leaves of all 4.

Well I hope some of you can answer my questions or problems.
Thanks for stoppin.
Peace, DRKN_MNKY420

hazy

Veteran
hey DM
mine have done the same thing right before chop time i don't know if it's a deficiency or just part of the process

H

Hal

Hey Drunkmonkey....

No worries about the leaves turning yellow, that just means the plant is getting near the end of its life-cycle, and is beginning to get its nutrients from its leaves. You see this on most plants just before harvest, especially when the plant is finished up with plain water with no nutes in it (called "flushing").

You say it is 13 weeks from seed....how many weeks has it been flowering? That is the most important time-frame. Since you don't seem to know what strain these are, then it isn't as important to know the number of days it has been flowering, so the only way to REALLY know if they are ready to be picked is by examining the trichomes with a hand-held microscope (available at RadioShack for $10, if you don't have one, get one). I'm guessing that by the look of the fan leaves, and the copious weight you mentioned of the buds, that it would probably be safe to harvest right about now.

But before you do...what kind of fertilizers have you been using. If you haven't been using organic stuff, you will definitely want to "flush" the plant by watering with plain water for awhile, actual time of flush is done differently by many growers. Since your plant seems to be at the end of its life cycle, and if you don't have a scope and have to guess how ripe it is...I would go for a short flush of one week and then chop.

Anyways, thats how I would do the figuring if I was in your position. There are many here on IC that have much more experience than myself, and could easily have a more relevant opinion...now, if they would just visit your thread and comment!

Latest posts

Latest posts