What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I am back again, this time with a female!

I agree with HaL, I'd flush for 1 week with plain water. The trichrome test is a great way of determining when your plants are done and a hell of an investment because it will let you pick what percentage of amber trichromes you like on your finished product. Didnt look too much at your pictures as far as lateral branches go but you can always cut parts of a plant off at diff times and cure them labeled with what day you cut it. Figure out what % you like and how much of a cure gives you the taste and burn you desire. I have found I like them more flushed with a longer cure 2+ weeks. Unflushed I found takes 6 weeks to develop the taste I like but the aroma was lacking.

Hey GreenyGreen and Hal, Thanks for stoppin by. I just wanted to let you all know that I took your advice and got me one of those cheap and very sweet little magnifiers from the shack:

This thing is awesome. I had no idea what the hell people were talking about milky this and amber that. But I do NOW!!!

So I can give you the run down on where each plant is at:

Plant 1: Smells like hay, and is very confusing to me, because the cola is like a 50/50 mix of clear and milky trichs and the side buds are like 60% milky 20% clear and 20% amber. Shouldn't this be the other way around??? :bashhead:

Plant 2: 80% milky 10% clear 10% amber, nice smell, very fruity

Plant 3: 80-90% milky 10-20% clear, Not a lot of smell or crystal on fan leaves, but lots of crystals on bud and underneith the fan leaves.

Plant 4: 70% milky 30% clear, has the best smell of all 4, smell reminds me of the weed I am smoking now, friend hooked up a 2x cup winner Super silver Haze in a little pint jar. He said the grower grew extra long for a couch locker and he cured it very well. Stems are very brittle and bud is nice and moist.

WOW IS IT EVER A COUCH LOCKER!!! Passed out the other day for like 3 hours and then woke up on my couch in a daze. CRAZY!

ANYWAYS, just thought I would let you all know I am taking the MOLASSES advice and will continue to use it in the future. I found this great thread to confirm the goodness in a bottle of molasses and the many different uses for it and why it is used.
CHECK OUT THIS THREAD AND SEE FOR YOURSELF:CLICK HERE!!!

Peace, DRKN_MNKY420

Last edited:
Oh yeah, this is a 12/12 from seed grow, so these are the estimated flowering times from the day they showed there sex:

Plant 1: sexed on 4/16/07, so about 9 weeks since she showed
Plant 2: sexed on 4/30/07, so about 7 weeks since she showed
Plant 3 and 4: 5/10/07, so about 6 weeks since they showed

Thanks HAL,
DRKN_MNKY420

PS. I used PBPB and Liquid Karma every other watering, gave one dose of epsom salt dissolved in my water like a month ago to help w/ calmag problems, also have now givin them some molasses w/ last watering. I wish I had been feeding molasses to them for the last 4 weeks, after reading that thread it sounds like a good micro nute/ sweetner for the last half of bloom.

Last edited:
H

Hal

Hey Monkey...

Glad you got the scope..it will make growing pot a much more exact science. Seems that Radioshack has changed the design a little bit from the one that I purchased, I like yours better, it looks like they have improved the focusing knob's design.

Molasses is almost a miracle ingredient, it would seem. The Flintstoners (formerly the 3 little birds) have some great posts on organic soil mixtures as well, you should try to find them (I don't have a link at the moment).

That chart you found is a generalization. You need to take samples from at least 3 parts of each plant to best determine its ripeness, because different parts will show different percentages of clear/white/amber. I posted a poll sometime back to find out what the most common # of samples growers would do, and the most common was more than 3.

The percentages that everyone always talks about regarding trichome development are just 'best guesses" anyway. I've never bothered to actually count the trichomes, which is the only way you can actually get an accurate percentage. If these are strains that you have never grown before, then you don't really know what percentages would give you the buzz you most favor. So, the best thing to do is just shoot for the middle...mostly white, with a few clear and a few amber.

Don't stress it though....if you harvested all of your sweet little girls this very day, and gave them the tender loving care they deserve through the drying and curing process, all 4 of your plants would likely surpass much of the best weed you have smoked. So much of what makes good, or great, pot is how it is treated post-harvest...commercial weed frequently is not treated so well, and it shows in the final product.

WOW, what a journey!

It is almost over and the beginning of a new chapter of learning is just around the corner.
I am starting to reveg the plants I chopped and am still waiting for this sativa looking plant (1) to finish. I will soon start to build my new grow box I wrote plans up for. And currently I am getting a grasp on drying and curing.

Well I cut plants 2,3,&4 on July 1st. I weighted it out and had about 91 grams fresh cut buds. I did cut all the fan leaves off and as many of the little single leaves off that I could before I weighed it.

Well these are some pics of what they look like all trimmed up.

ENJOY :kewlpics:

Plant 2 Cola, very sweet citrus smell.

Plant 4 THE RUNT'S Cola:

Plant 3 Cola over 7 inches and all the other buds.

I will update after they dry out a bit.

Peace,
DRKN_MNKY420

Hey everyone,

I just took a final dry weight measurement and I totalled about 26 grams from the three plants.

Which means I still have one more to cut down and weigh. I just checked in on her the other day and she is HOT PINK all over. I had to move her to a friends house while I have been moving and the basement at her place is nice and cool all day. I am guessing that is why I am seeing a drastic color change.

I plan on cutting her down tomorrow and I will post some final pics of her beautiful colors.

I also left some buds and leaves on the bottom of the other three plants, which I just left them in the box on 12/12 for the last two weeks. I am starting to see some new growth already and the buds on them still look like I could pickem off and smoke em.
SHOULD I??? I am not sure, but I do plan on revegging them out and repotting and cutting the roots back hopefully next weekend which then I will be able to keep the lights on 18 hours.

Just thought I should fill ya in on the last two weeks!

PEACE,
DRKN_MNKY420

PS. I almost forgot, I recieved some new seeds from this little seed shop in montreal, canada. So that is also next on my agenda of things to do. Build a new grow box for these seeds.

Last edited:
HOT PINK IS THE EXPRESSION!!!

HOT PINK IS THE EXPRESSION!!!

Yes indeed, Lookin real good.

I am considering chopping her tonight. I am not sure if she is ready or not. I used the magnifier to look at the triches and they are not the same as the other 3 plants. Triches are cloudy but they don't stand off the calyx like the other ones.

Is PINK the color I want these to be or should I wait???

Check her out:

Well any input on this beauty would be great.

THANKS,
DRKN_MNKY420

G

pink is somewhat of a rare pistil color, why not just chop her when you chop the rest?

Results are in!

Chopped my last plant (#1) this morning. She weighed out to about 42 grams and I smoked about two grams of that. :spank:

Just had to give it a test, she was so tempting w/ those pretty pink colors. :noway:

And boy did she give me a nice high. :abduct:

So overall wet weight of all four plants is around 133grams.

I will update with TOTAL dry weight next week.

Later,
DRKN_MNKY420

PS. Plants are now revegging and I plan to repot tomorrow, also will be working on my new flower box for the reveggers and hopefully a couple of my new seeds. :woohoo:

Hey Everyone,

Sorry it took so long, but the RESULTS are in.

I pulled 23 grams of DRY WEIGHT off the last plant (#1).

TOTAL DRY WIEGHT : about 49 grams

I used about 190 watts of flouros for the last 4 weeks of bloom and I used about 120-130 watts for the rest of the time. Had some smaller lights burn out, so I had to replace w/ some bigger ones. That is why it is between 120-130.

So considering I used 120-130watts for most of the grow, I got about .40 grams/watt.

Not to bad.

Thanks everyone for watching and responding. Cound not have done this well with out you.
I will be revegging all 4 of them and it might be a few weeks before I make some more post about these plants.
I repotted in new soil and put back to 18 hour light 7/20/07. So we will see if ripping roots and repotting is the trick to a fast recovery.

PEACE,
DRKN_MNKY420

J-Roc

****in awesome man!
i cant beleive that pink color
i cant even hope for anything half that awesome with my grow
props man

PICTURE UPDATE!

PICTURE UPDATE!

Thank You guys for the kind words!

I will give you the update, I have great news, but I do have bad news.

I want to let everyone know that Plant #2 has died. :frown: Very UNFORTUNATE, She was the best smoke of all 4. I have not smoked very much, trying to save her!

Now for the REVEGGERS:

Plant #1: The pink pistil plant, She never really stopped growing!!!

Plant #3:I like the smoke and high from this plant, very potent!

Plant #4: THE RUNT, revegging slower than the rest, big surprise!

And NOW I will introduce my new addition to the family Norther Lights x Early Pearl:

I have one more NLxEP already germinated and in a cup, but no sign of leaves yet!
And I have one of my free bonus seeds in a cup and one still germinating, probably will go into cup tomorrow.

I have been working on my new grow box and making some hash from the clippings I took: See my butter and my hash:

Thank you all for stopping by!
DRKN_MNKY420

PHANTOM

excellent thread bro,

I`m growing bagseed myself and if it turns out half as good as yours looks I`m gonna be well happy.

How are they getting on revegging? and how many times would you plan to reveg them before they are beyond use?

looking good,

PEACE

PHANTOM:smoweed: