What's new

Designated Growers Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
arent 99% of users non medicinal? i wonder what % of those claiming medicinal use are fibbing, i mean really, anxiety and depression? is sugar a drug? is anxiety a medical condition?

I would say yes, anxiety and depression are medical conditions. Dr's in Canada are prescribing drugs for these conditions all day long...of course the Dr's prescribed drugs are far more dangerous than mj. I'd say mj is a far better anti-d than anything a dr will prescribe...without all the side effects.

Green Supreme

Veteran
Turns out I need the landlord to redo the form F too. So that's form R and D for my patient, Form D and Police Check for me{DG} and Form F for the landlord. I will redo my pics too, having my patient sign on pic for verification just so they have no excuses. Peace GS

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I know of someone who got 49 plants for anxiety and insomnia

Dont really see the issue with that

sorry to beat the dead horse again, but just to make it clear, if you cant see the issue, the issue is the double standard, that someone needs to say i have (medical?) conditions, like, i dont sleep well, and those who just use it as a lifestyle choice are barred from use. i am not going to make up whiny sicknesses to obtain legal status.

i should just not read these kind of threads, i always feel like i am getting shafted.

Green Supreme

Veteran
I really do see your point Hm-k and to a good degree stand with you, but like I say this has given me and opportunity to give a friend a far higher quality of meds than the government would. Peace GS

S

shuswap

green supreme a bit of topic but since were here talking licenses,my license come up in april,yesterday i got my new license with upped amount of daily use,doctor and i did all forms and new photo in november,they upped my daily amount but it still expires in april,was that a mistake on there part if i resent all forms and photo in in november?

G

Guest 150314

sorry to beat the dead horse again, but just to make it clear, if you cant see the issue, the issue is the double standard, that someone needs to say i have (medical?) conditions, like, i dont sleep well, and those who just use it as a lifestyle choice are barred from use. i am not going to make up whiny sicknesses to obtain legal status.

i should just not read these kind of threads, i always feel like i am getting shafted.

no point in being bitter about it, if you dont want to make up a whiny sickness maybe you could find someone who is actually sick to grow for?

Green Supreme

Veteran
Shuswap your increase does not lengthen the license period. If you have already sent in your renewal all is good. The renewed license will include the increase. Peace GS

My doctor says that anxiety and insomnia are not qualifying problems to get medical marijuana. However once I started medicating with marijuana my quality of life dramatically increased. Does anyone know if he is wrong or if this is true.

Thanks a bunch

Green Supreme

Veteran
Obviously, if you noticed a difference, your doctor is wrong. As pointed out in this thread, folks have been licensed for those conditions. Good luck. Peace GS

Buju09

Yeah, if the doctor is going based off opinion and or old facts of course he'll just spit out whats out of literature so he is safe from repercussion. However if you noticed a positive effect on you're lifestyle then you should be looking for a Doctor with an open mind, or someone who perhaps has researched it this decade.

G.S quick question, probably way to general so anyone can answer, do you have to be a medical user to be a caregiver. And will it be better to wait for the new changes to be made before getting into the process of becoming a caregiver.

Buju09

Yeah, if the doctor is going based off opinion and or old facts of course he'll just spit out whats out of literature so he is safe from repercussion. However if you noticed a positive effect on you're lifestyle then you should be looking for a Doctor with an open mind, or someone who perhaps has researched it this decade.

G.S quick question, probably way to general so anyone can answer, do you have to be a medical user to be a caregiver. And will it be better to wait for the new changes to be made before getting into the process of becoming a caregiver.

When I talked to mmas they told me I needed to be referred to a psychologist and only with their recommendation can I get the MMAR card. Problem is in my small rural town we only have 2 of them and they are fully booked for months. Does anyone have a list of doctors possibly in Alberta that are open to this kind of thing. Or know where there is any literature that i can show my doctor?
Thanks

Green Supreme

Veteran
Northern did you try the doctors list link in post 3?

Buju yes you can be a DG without having a medical user. I would get in before the changes. If the programs changes for the worst you already have your foot in the door under the new rules. Good luck,. Peace GS

Yes I did. Thank you GS.

I have also been thinking of opening a dispensary/compassion club. I would like to talk to as many people as I can that have experience with this sort of thing or know anyone who has. I'm trying to get as much info as I can but there isn't much online. Do you know of anyone?

dispensaries are pretty high risk at this point in Canada. HC does not license compassion clubs and when cops find out about your op they will probably shut you down and try to press charges. Granted your charges wont stick because or supreme court precedents.

mr noodles

Yes I did. Thank you GS.

I have also been thinking of opening a dispensary/compassion club. I would like to talk to as many people as I can that have experience with this sort of thing or know anyone who has. I'm trying to get as much info as I can but there isn't much online. Do you know of anyone?

good luck and take a solid lawyer from the whole beginning .i salute your courage and determination .

my province (qc) was victim of a whole genocide of is compassion club ...the owner are in some serious legal limbo as we speak .

the conservatives ordered the whole thing , ask maurice saint maurice he was a owner of the most serious compassion club in the city .

the montreal city used to tolerate the whole thing until they receive an order to strike..everything was ok and cool with the mtl police, they even said the had no choice and explained it was not up to them....this was said in the media that it was a special order from rob nicholson/toews

yes I have done lots of reading. It seems there are many compassion clubs out there. There is one in the city I would like to open it in and apparently it has been running since 1995. I am looking for a lawyer who is knowledgable in this area as well if anyone has any suggestions

outdoordreams

Green Supreme, Thanks for this thread. It is very helpful.

A typical list of medications a Doctor may try to prescribe to a patient with Chronic Anxiety Disorder, (a condition that affects people in different ways and to different degrees)........Buspar (lots of side effects), Zoloft (lots of side effects), Paxil (lots of side effects), Celexa (lots of side effects), Cipralex (lots of side effects), Ativan (lots of side effects), Benzo's (lots of side effects).

Status
Not open for further replies.