What's new

Dabney Blueberry 800w cmh/hps rockwool bucket scrog

Did you ever think to veg a bit more to fill the screen more, then before flowering letting all the grow tips "turn the corner" to like 1-3 inches before flipping to 12/12?

I wish i had pictures, but my most productive scrog grows where when all the colas were completely above the screen. i then trimmed off every thing below the screen.

A 1000 watter will penetrate up to 2 feet into a scrog. The secret to maximizing your yield is to get this turn the corner time down.

Enjoyed your grow, best of luck on the next one.

peace

loco81

Nice job man. a little longer veg and little longer flower and you would have been golden!
I would be happy getting anything close to that with my set up good job!

sin-seed

Kickass SCROG, bro!! What's the deal with the "Dabney"? Is she not a DJ Short creation? More or less BB flavor than DJ's? Thanks, and once again very impressive show! +K.

12and12

yea let us know when you have your 1000 ready...
are you going to scrog with the 1000?
i love scrog's and yours is absolutely an inspiration .......and almost a pound....woo hoo lucky you....

Cannabean

hey again everyone.
greyskull: yo whats up brother?? bubba sure is a slow fat girl, I've taken clones off her half as many times I have the BDH moms in the same time!

BaBaBooeyVT: thank you!! and definitely watch the next one, it should be interesting :muahaha:

Uncle FREEDOM: hey thanks for stopping by. I had never grown the dab before so I didn't know how she stretched. My last girl under a scrog stretched 21" so I flipped her a bit early, but like I said I certainly didn't expect her to stretch just 4"... :violin:
SCROGing with the 1000 will be something completly new to me...but the scrog has been put aside for the time being while i play with SOG

Green Force: yo man, first of all your 2000w scrog is blowing my mind. great work on that, I can't wait to see the screen full of buds:woohoo: thanks for watching the show!

loco81: yup I should have vegged the dab some more, I will when I run her in the flower room again...but dude your 1000w setup is sweet and it by the look of the pics you should net those bitches down asap!! either way you're going to have a nice harvest! :joint:

sin-seed: hey there :wave: I heard dabney was not related to DJ shorts creation but rather and entirely unrelated blueberry from (correct me if I am wrong) oregon. I've never run DJ's BB or smoked it so I cannot comment. shes nice for sure, I need to run her till day 70 to get the blueberrys though (says the breeder).

12and12: I'm bumping my thread to let people know to say tuned, the 1000w closet is almost up and running....but I'm not scrogging(sorry :frown:), I'm trying my hand at a SOG setup...

a little something to keep interest...
here are the current bonsai moms in their cab
picture.php

loco81

yea the first ones i am not scrogging but i am getting there i think! tried tying down instead of screens we will see how it turns out.

G

guest5703

cool grow cannabean, I am looking into 800W grows cuz I think that's my next step. You did a very clean job with that dabney, honestly she wasn't looking like an elite smoke or anything but wow dried she looks totally dank!! I was really impressed with the way the buds finished off, great work. Looking forward to another, PEACE!

sticky_icky

cannabean, did you top those plants? i've never grown inside, but see'in that ..i want to copy cat, how did you get so many ''tops'' sticking thru the wire from just 3 plants? i have some questions about how often you were watering them by hand also, and also i don't know what nutes are what letter in your pdf. i'm sorry i'm a newb to hydro of any kind. but you make it look very worth while.

Green Force

=P loco your a hyper one! i enjoy your learning determination

hows it goin canna long time no post =P lookin good bro keep up the good work =D

Cannabean

here is my current grow: 1000w Perpetual SOG Closet

sin-seed; very interesting! ha, I really have no clue about dabney's lineage then, I'll have to run her again to get to know her better :joint:

loco81: yo whats up dude, good call on scrogging your girls, they are going to get huge!! :canabis:

caligreen: thanks for stopping by. after having use 800w I would never do it again becuase its twice the bulb/ballast/hood to buy/replace and you only get 400w of penitration from each bulb. 400w have garbage penitration in my opinion and I feel if you're going to use 800w you may was well get 1000w of power and penitration with only one set of gear to buy.

hey stickyicky: I did top these plants, I topped them twice. Once when they were moved as babies in cubes to their pots and again about 2 week later, 2 weeks before I flipped.
The numerous budsites are a product of scrogging an LST'd plant. It has already been told to branch out twice and the scrog pretty much tells it, "see! theres a roof, branch out more!".
As long as you keep pulling back branches, allowing one node per scrog hole and flip to flowering when you canopy is relatively full, the screen should fill up just like mine....I was just unfamiliar with her stretch(or lack there-of) and flipped a week too early. ohh well, next time :2cents:
thanks for the interest! :joint:

loco81: updates are in the other thread bro, unless there are any dabney grow specific questions, lets move the discussion over to the new thread. :abduct:

green force: whats up buddy! :friends: I've been over posting in my new thread, come check it out!

loco81

yea i got to much time on my hands cuz i got laid off so might as well learn as much as i can while i can!