What's new

Dabney Blueberry 800w cmh/hps rockwool bucket scrog

Cannabean

yo thanks bandit haha it's all good. stay tuned bro :laughing:

hey Greyskull whats up thanks for stopping by. The consensus from other threads and advice I've been given was they are 'ready' or 'best cut' around day 60. Personally I'm taking them to day 62 after a two week flush starting in a few days.
I can't distinguish smells worth a damn so I'll have to get another opinion on how she smells. honestly though, I'm not even going to try to explain her stink...my sniffer is unreliable :spank: sorry :bashhead:

whats up chili berkster, yeah she does look like a keeper....I kept her bonsai'd in my mum cab. :joint:

thanks for the interest everyone, here are some more shots. I'm getting a tripod tonight...:muahaha:

(day 45)

here is some underscreen growth, as you can see I expected her to stretch more than 4-5" so there is some bud under the screen.

my favorite is this little branch on the underside of the stem under the scrogg still puttin out her full potential for me:wink:

more

TC84

Hey man,

I really like your clean set-up and your pics looks really nice.....

Good job man, Looking forward to what you harvest of those ladies

Cannabean

Here we go, day 62 chopchop. They've been flushing for the past 13 days(since day 49) on RO water.

Flowering Day 62 - 11.18.08

I wanted to see what they looked like without the screen so a few puffs and off I we with the wire cutters... :muahaha:

girl 1:

girl 2:

girl 3:

Cannabean

MrGreeny thanks for stopping by. your first post! Welcome better late than never! :joint:

After 4 days of drying the stems were breaking so the got stems clipped, buds weighed, and jarred for curing...

(top front string) + (bottom front string) + (top back) + (bottom back) =
87g + 116g + 107g + 125g =

Total yeild ~ 435g = 15.34 oz = .959 lb
Yeild per plant ~ 435/3 = 145 g/plant
Grams per watt ~ 435/800 = 0.54 g/watt

I'm really happy with this grow! little under a pound...decent first run for her if I may say so. thanks to everyone for the supports/comments/lurking...I love you all. :jump:
My next project will begin in a few weeks give or take so keep an eye out..

any questions/comments are welcome, Ill update with a smoke report in a week or so. :wave: :rasta:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good show CB. Looks great

I've never been a fan of rockwool. You make it look so easy.
Another week or 2 of veg would easily get you over a lb. You gonna stick wit Dabney? Or u gon switch it up?

MARLO

MumBumper

it looked like those lights could have been a little closer without burning the tops but im not sure what kinda temps you were having. i think if the scrog screen was closer to the tops of buckets it would make for less veg time. when the cuts are about 4" or so tall tie down the top of the plant and the side shoots will catch up to the top thats bent over. after a week or so untie the top and train each side shoot a different direction under the scrog screen. very impressive results and you got to love the CMH. have you thought about a whole cycle on the CMH?

Nice grow, my first time seeing it.

Whats your plans for the next grow, you said 8 girls in 2gal buckets?

I think that if you vegged a bit longer, and filled out your screen a bit more, you yeilds could increase, the 8 plants idea should help also.

Any goals for round 2?

Maybe .75 gpw?

Not knocking you, loved the setup, just trying to help you get more bud:rasta:

I just clicked here, I bookmarked your grow for future checkbackings. Your grow went on so well, I think I may do scrog for my first REAL big run. I cant wait, I just hope my area looks as clean as that. Congrats man, enjoy thoose jars :D

T

the_shadow

Nice grow canna! I'm late to the party, but it's nice to see first hand how a scrog should run lol. Awesome job.

Cannabean

wow thanks for the comments everyone!!

marlo: thanks man, rockwool buckets were something I wanted to try and I definitely love them.
it's a very stable way to keep a plant mobile and in hydro.
I have my bonsai mothers in soil but i plan on keeping producer moms in rockwool buckets to keep that hydro growth speed.

Mumbumper: I had temps under control, I could have put lights closer and probably will next time. If you go back through my thread you will see that I did lst them since they were quite young.
The veg time would be just as long if the screen was lower in order to allow the plants to make enough bud sites to fill each hole. I would also have had to train them more and the screen undergrowth would be more crowded. Ideally you choose a screen height that will allow your number of plants to fill out the screen nicely. this is why I LST'd but didn't add the screen when they were babies, I waited to see when they were the right size(height/budsites/bushiness/growth speed) before adding the screen. Strain characteristics and plant numbers usually determine where/when my screen is placed, not a predetermined height I choose.
I think CMH are the best veg bulb ever and currently run CMH one week into flowering and might add it one week before harvest as well to see if they like it. however I feel the plants flower and fill out best under that bright orange HPS glow :joint:

yo whats up friendindeed, she smokes super smooth from the nice long flush i gave them amd I’d say she has the typical skunky smell (I was just told by the guy I got her from they should be run 70+…next time… shes a great smoke, I forget a lot of things when puffing the dabney...not really a couch lock like most indicas, more of a floaty head high flavor strain, never leaves a bad taste in your mouth. want to try some?? :rasta:

pittsburgh kush, thanks for stopping by, harvest is the most funnest part anyway! :jump: as for next grow I'm thinking about jumping up to 1kw and going with two 2x4 trays with 40/per at 4psf. somewhat perpetual. I figure theres no reason to have all these mothers if I can only run a few per year…

strokergsr – I don’t have a precise number for you since I’ve taken everything down to make way for the new setup but after measuring a few things the screen is about 15” above the top of the buckets.

some dabney curing:

mum cab

left to right; White Russian, pre-98 bubba kush, dabney blueberry, Grandaddy purple, and OG kush (apothecary cut).

The two in front are bubba kush and granddaddy purple which I’ve chosen to grow next. I’m going to veg them out until I can take 40-50 cuttings of each strain for my tables. Can someone give me a time frame on how long this is going to take me...starting from one clone of each strain grown out in 2gal rockwool pots under 400w cmh?

G

Greyskull

the bubba vegs s-l-o-w s-l-o-w s-l-o-w and will not stretch very much once the lights are flipped. Don't know much about the GDP... maybe ask subrob

Good luck (and again, nice job on the dabney)

Latest posts

Latest posts