What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Armed Widow(AK99xWW) in DWC 400W C13

Day 6 of Flower

I put in the HPS bulb today. These girls are looking great. I'm keeping the FloraNova at around 1200ppm (.7scale) and they are showing NO signs of nute burn. It's too bad I couldn't have waited another week before putting them in flower. It was necessary due to their need for training for the first 3 weeks of flower and I have a trip to Amsterdam planned in two weeks.

fallenangel - Thanks man. I sure do hope I get a decent crop cause it's been a while and I'll be lucky to make it till April 6th when these will be 70 days. I'll have to stop rolling big joints.
HIDE

I did some cleaning out of the mother/veg area. The mother tub has space for 8 mothers. They are mediumless so I can keep them small by trimming the roots. Yes, that is basil among them.

HideyourBud...

i have a questions for you...

when i grew in my small cabinet like yours, I had vegged for 3 weeks and scrogged very well. For some reason (more than likely the strain) the stretch killed me, and by cutting off more and more foliage it not only caused the cabinet to overgrow itself in a matter of days but it added weeks to the finish time because of stress...

how do you keep this from happening? with such small space?

also, I know that your 11.3 oz harvest was by pulling down in a perpetual harvest. So did you just cut off the big colas at top the first harvest, then let the ones below that finish, then cut the final ones or what?

I am amazed that you can control your plants inside that small of space giving that they have a few weeks to veg.

does that armed widow not have very much stretch?

-5minl8

:joint:

Last edited:
fiveminuteslate - Sounds like you got hold of a sativa bag seed that stretched all to hell. Armed widow will double in height during the first 3 weeks of flower if I do not use a combination of techniques. You can find a number of different techniques used to keep plants small and make them produce in the micro grow section.
I combine stretch reducing techniques such as:
Topping(makes multiple main colas)
LST (just on really fast growing main colas that I don't want to get light burned)
Supercropping (pinch or bend)
SCROG (moving faster growing buds toward the edge of a net over the plant to keep an even canopy)
Pruning
Increased fan activity (I turn my 6"vortex all the way up and the air going through the canopy causes node length to be reduced)

The 11.36oz came over 3 combined harvests each 5 days after the last. This was to let the lower buds get a little more amber and did marginally increase yeild over just hacking them all at the first harvest time. I also harvested in stages to reduce fatigue from harvest.

What did you think of the Armed Widow bud? You are one of the few people here who have ever sampled it. I would bet that the seeds are crap if you found it in the bud. Some sativa outdoor male prolly pollinated it.

fiveminuteslate - what is this man? You aren't Charlie Brown and this isn't Christmas.
1753001_15_0716.jpg

hideyourbud...

hahahahhhaha

Yeah I feed It took much the 2nd time I watered her.. too bad they stay damaged..

im tuned into my system but still need to tune into my strains a little more..

but yeah.. it sucks when a plant gets nute burn, but it does happen.. esp when you take a 6 month break and come back....I just dont remove the leaves because I have read in several books to leave them on until they die off because they still are beneficial to the plants health...

-------

about that armed widow:

warning: I think it could have been done a lot better... so my smoke report shouldnt be taken for everything this bud is worth..

Bag appeal: good caylx to leaf ratio, huge colas, dark in color
Taste: I believe it tasted very SWEET. Nothing like the WIDOW I have had or AK47. The grower didnt use Botanicare's SWEET so the sweetness I believe comes from the genetics, right?. I cant really remember the taste anymore other than that it was really sweet tasting stuff.
High: The high was very stoney. this weed put you out. Very potent stuff. While it was very potent I dont remember it being very Sativa though. Isnt it supposed to be more of a sativa high? If i remember they said they let it go like 85 days or something... thats also why I think it made seeds...

any ideas?

thats about all I remember... I wish I could say more, but I only had it one time and it was over a year ago.

I wish I could smoke it again though..

-5minl8

"downtown brown....." hahhahaa

Last edited:
fiveminuteslate - Thank you for your smoke report on the Armed Widow. At 65days, they are a more up high and after 70 they will knock you the fuck out. So more than likely he pulled them at the right time. They tend to have very red or even rust colored hairs all over them.

Edit: thanks for removing your highjack. I have removed the my flaming of you. :joint:

Last edited:
sorry bout that..

just new to posting on icmag.. been lurking since og went down and i was on og for years...

at least I didnt troll.. :woohoo:

remember soquick and Tomhill?

hey.. btw.. do you know if the Armed widow is good for SOG style?

-5minl8

Last edited:
DAY 26 Armed Widow (AK99xWW)
Just under 4 weeks in 12/12 and they are really forming some nice buds. I'm slowly removing the lower leaves and any large fan leaves above the screen that obscure bud sites. The armed widow responds by putting out lots of bud leaves. I have gotten the best results after removing all of the large fan leaves. You can check my signature for my 11.36oz 400W C13 grow. Sorry about the sideways photo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts