What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another NGB.....with cool tube

wishbone420

thats whats so great about the hobby. i always find myself adding upgrades. changing stuff around. the different possibility are endless. top notch setup. peace

BennyHogan said:
DiscoDuck,
Where did you get that Speed Controller for your fan?? The fan I have looks really similar to yours, mine is a 90CFM Hydrofarm Active Air.
I take it you plug the fan into the controller and then the controller into the power source??
Does it mess with your motor at all??

I really need a simple way to tone down the power my fan has.....the whoosh noise of air moving is getting annoying.

THanks

hey man, try making a muffler. i found that it's easier to keep temps/sound in check with a muffler than turning the fan down. i bet the fan doesn't make much noise at all.

goneCannagain

DiscoDuck said:
Just got a new box for my grows. My old box was a heat magnet and I decided to throw it in the creek.

That set up looks good and you definitely know what you're doing. But its not chill to dump you junk in the creek man.

stke_fingas said:
hey man, try making a muffler. i found that it's easier to keep temps/sound in check with a muffler than turning the fan down. i bet the fan doesn't make much noise at all.

You're right.....the fan doesn't make any audible noise outside of the cab.....the problem is the "whoosh" noise of the air exiting.

I'd like to avoid using a muffler as I would prefer to have everything housed inside the cab. I've heard of some people pushing their exhaust into their carbon scrubber and claiming it doubles as muffler. While others I've read claim the scrubber won't work as well when pushed into instead of having air pulled thru it.

If I did decide to use a muffler I need someway to make a big thing sticking out of my box discrete while still allowing air to escape. Any suggestions?? I have a 4 in hole I'm exhausting thru right now and its located on the upper backside of my cab. I was thinking of using a box of some sort but I can't think of a way to make it have good airflow while still being stealth.

THanks for any input

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Last harvest for 2008

Last harvest for 2008

lost my password and had to reenlist.

here's a shot of my last grow:

Last edited:

EL_Kod

dude, the cab is spotless. my only suggestion.. never underestimate the power of good GENETICS, those last buds look amazing, even having one purple pheno.

how do you water your plants?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
thanks El_Kod! It's a little dirty after several grows, needs a fresh coat of ceiling white inside. I never underestimate the power of good anything, I don't have a safe addy. I grow where I live and I guess I'm too paranoid to have them mailed here lol. I wish I had weighed the whole harvest, I got an ounce of dried bud from the biggest plant.

How do I water my plants? Can you be more specific?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
What up stoners!?!. I just put this post together and lost the internet connection!!! Since I get to do it over again I’ll use word and paste. I’d like to show y’all my add-on/upgrade with the air system in my cab. There’s also a surprise inside!

I had to add a scrubber cause the mexi bitch reveg above got outta control on the stink.

The scrubber is made from pencil holders, a shout out to abirdintheair for the diy. Has anybody seen him lately? Anywho the scrubber raised the temps couple of degrees. This is a blessing when the temps are so cold but I know I’ll have problems in the summer. The old intakes were 1” holes in the floor with pvc elbows for light traps. The elbows weren’t painted and the “glow” barely shined against the wall when room lights were out. This was not good and I dodged a bullet or two when somebody almost entered the cab room. If I added any more elbows I would fuck up the floor plan so I ripped em all out. I used a piece of thin Masonite to recover the floor and block the old holes.

I used a passive intake calculator on another mj web site. Here’s the three holes based on the size of the cool tube in flower.

Thanks to Quazi and his intake filters. Dryer sheets? Here’s pvc pipe cut to 3/8” long for a filter collar.

Here’s the collars glued to the sub-floor. I’ll use rubber bands to attach the dryer sheet filters to the collars.

A quick re-paint with flat ceiling white walls and a black floor. I used flat wall white the first time and the ceiling white is a lot brighter. The flat wall white almost looked antique in comparison.

Here’s the dryer sheets banded to the collars. No more crud in the cab air!

I used a piece of 3/8” thick shelf glass for the floor and light trap. The glass is about 5/8” smaller than the sub-floor (depth x width) and is stands 5/8” over the collars with wooden spacers glued to the glass. This shelf/floor is removable so I can change my dryer sheet filters.

The glass is painted white on the bottom side. The top is scratch free. After the white paint dried I painted over it with black for the trap.

Intake air flows through the sub-floor holes, between the cab walls and glass shelf. The trap is more effective than those unpainted elbows. I no longer have a glow along the wall behind the cab.

The temps have warmed up this week. I no longer have cool nights but the mexi-bitch continues to purp. Some of the leaves almost look black.

The flush has sped up the color change, yellow, red, purple and black. She’s a little ragged looking and I’m near harvest. I’ve got another one of these from seed and I can’t wait to try it out. The other two from seed didn’t purp and will probably take longer to finish.

And now for the surprise: Here’s 3 OG Kush x Sour Diesel IBL, 2 Green Tangerine, a mexi-purp reveg and a better than good mystery bag bean. It has the most trichs I’ve ever seen on street weed. I’ll probably make a grow log for these whenever I get off my lazy duff.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I like the changes so far. My next project is to do the same thing in the veg room. The intake changed somewhat with the retrofit. I'll do the math and get about 40% air flow in veg and 60% in flower where temps are slightly warmer.

C

Cozy Amnesia

Very clean and simple, and growing some really nice buds it looks like!

"lost my password and had to reenlist."

This cleared things up a lot, haha.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
the veg and utility room have a 3" hole (or nine 1" holes) this gives you about 7 square inches. the 3" hole option is easier to trap light.

the flower room has one 3" hole and (2) 1-5/8" holes. This is roughly the same as the 3.75" dia cool tube (~11 square inches)

M

Melkor420

wow, very nice and constant results! What do you think about PL-Ls?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey Melkor420, never tried PL-Ls. I just Googled em. Wow, 2900 watts for a single fixture less tan 17" long. Thanks for the tip, Melkor!

Latest posts

Latest posts