What's new

4th Attempt 4 forums later I still dont know what to do please help times ticking :(

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
J, if you're growing in a tent without extraction fan, you really are asking for trouble.
Get one asap and ideally one you can turn up and down, then find the right setting to keep your tent cool and well ventilated without going too dry, air-wise.
Best
CC

Jwhat201

J, if you're growing in a tent without extraction fan, you really are asking for trouble.
Get one asap and ideally one you can turn up and down, then find the right setting to keep your tent cool and well ventilated without going too dry, air-wise.
Best
CC
Thanks man. What you think of something like this? Think I can find cheaper? This one may be doable someday
Screenshot_20220531-130601.jpg
Screenshot_20220531-130639.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I can't believe how bad that fan actually is. It's like your girlfriend got busy with her hair crimping tongues. It's nice to see the Christmas chocolate tin getting recycled. You should check the back of your oven to see where she got the fan from though.

Keep your eye on skips. You are looking for people ripping out kitchens, as you want the range extractor/cooker hood. They are a 100mm RVK with speed switch.

Jwhat201

I can't believe how bad that fan actually is. It's like your girlfriend got busy with her hair crimping tongues. It's nice to see the Christmas chocolate tin getting recycled. You should check the back of your oven to see where she got the fan from though.

Keep your eye on skips. You are looking for people ripping out kitchens, as you want the range extractor/cooker hood. They are a 100mm
No idea what you're referring to in your last point haha. A stove fan? Idk Most stove fans I've been around sucked lol and I don't mean sucked air efficiently

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
J, when it comes to fans I'd go with one of the well known brands. There's different ones depending on where you live but the one the hydro shop carries are normally ok. Here in Europe, decent ones start at about 50-60EUR. If the smell of cannabis in flower is not an issue where you are, then no need for a filter but a fan is a must have really.
The more volume they are able to move and the more silent they are, the more expensive they get. for the right size/ throughput, calculate the volume of your tent and then choose a fan that will exchange that volume of air every 1-2 minutes roughly.
All the best!
CC

Jwhat201

J, when it comes to fans I'd go with one of the well known brands. There's different ones depending on where you live but the one the hydro shop carries are normally ok. Here in Europe, decent ones start at about 50-60EUR. If the smell of cannabis in flower is not an issue where you are, then no need for a filter but a fan is a must have really.
The more volume they are able to move and the more silent they are, the more expensive they get. for the right size/ throughput, calculate the volume of your tent and then choose a fan that will exchange that volume of air every 1-2 minutes roughly.
All the best!
CC
Oh right on, thanks man! Much appreciated. Yea I calculated I need 240cfm but yea I guess I'll get what I pay for eh. Maybe I'll be able to up the price a little bit ill just be waiting longer haha

There is a fan in there now but it's just a clip on clipped way up in top corner of the tent.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah you need fresh air sucked into the tent and old, used air to be exhausted from it. Then, on top, a fan to circulate the air inside the tent/ blow it around over the plants. Look on ebay for a used one, they last long and don't break easily. At least I have never had one crap out on me. Run a bigger fan dimmed down for less noise and bigger ducts also mean less noise from airflow.
CC

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
This kind of thing
iu

You won't get a 4" inline duct fan that's any better for the same sort of money. It's the same thing, in a different box. Except for one thing. It's designed with different speeds in mind. So that motor winding has a few connections along it's length. So you can choose what size motor you want to use, at the flick of a switch. This is by far the best way to slow a fan. With additional speed controls like other fans use, paired to this motor switching, you have much better low speed control, with lower power consumption. Although nothing beats an EC motor, if you want to spend $300

People like ebm-papst provide fans for neff that we are just not getting in inline duct fans. Properly balanced and machined to work quietly in someones kitchen, not the roof of a sports pavilion.
If you look at the domestic range, you see them punting an EC blower suited to the chimney shaped cooker hoods, that are much more common now. A little more work on the local marketplaces often turns up 150mm versions that got banged up, and are selling as seconds.

If it's free, it's a really good fan. I have used a few, and I'm no fan fool.

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hope they're saveable thanks in advance for any help. I'm providing a ton of info in my original post so please read it all, kinda need a solution asap time is getting short they're gonna need either water or flush or a feeding and/or some calmag soon. Which would you try first?

I been told on other forum websites that it is calcium deficiency, nutrient burn, nitrogen toxicity, and after googling calcium deficiency I'm thinking myself it might actually be potassium toxicity blocking calcium. These people refused to elaborate after I said that, maybe it offended them lol but yea so I'm still kinda lost on what to do.

Yellowing discoloration maybe rusting on two of my biggest girls . The oldest one with the biggest new tops is in MG potting soil. Started feeding her at full strength 2 weeks dose of FF trio when I first noticed the bottom leaves tips yellowing and cytoclydons lost their colour. She was 18 days old

The younger one with the smaller new tops is kinda having similar symptons it looks like. I fed her with 2 weeks strength yesterday or the day before. she was 12 or 13 days old. Her discoloration started sooner. From the bottom as well. And she was started in miracle grow but has been transplanted into Promix HP.

First thing to do: 1) flush slowly and long and 2) feed the plants low concentration of high P/K solution and 3) don't water again until the top of the soil is dry.

Issues:

- Promix, Miracle Grow

The best thing is to start with cannabis specific medium and nutrients.

Canna Coco: Canna Coco coir, Canna A+B (2 bottles), Rhizotonic, Bioboost.

That's the entire line. Other brands that are good: Plagron, Biobizz.

- Feeding for fertilized soil

The priority for small plants is to grow roots and have balanced development. That means higher P and some K content, and much lower nutrient concentrations.

For instance, if you have a late flowering food with high P/K (PK 13-14, Green Sensation, B'Cuzz), use 150 PPM or 0.3 EC max. I also add 0.1 EC/50 PPM of epsom salt for extra magnesium and healthy foliage.

Higher P is only to stimulate root growth so the roots grow into the fertilized soil. Raising the P/K also makes the fertilized soil milder, because it lowers nitrogen content.

Water/feed slowly for maximum absorbtion. Then, just as importantly, don't water/feed again until the top of the soil is dry in the morning before the lights go on. Don't worry about the low nutrient concentrations, these increase as the soil dries.

- pH and EC meters

You will need both really, to have control of what you're feeding the plant. And know what the runoff is, in case of problems.

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
I think the issue comes from allowing the soil to dry out too much and the over kill light will then dehydrate the plant tissue.

There’s no need to flush anything; you don’t have bad nute burns or anything like that. Flushing is when you need to rinse stuff out off the medium but i don’t think you need to flush out anything.
..esp. if you’re up potting, it’s not wise to water them too much or flush when a small plant has just been repotted to a larger container cause the roots might not like too wet conditions, so it’s better to take it easy till the plant has had time to grow a better root system in the larger container.

One trick to estimate how much moisture there is in the medium is by lifting the pot up and feeling the weight/moisture content by your hands. Try the get a feel how much the pot weighs when you have just watered them vs. when the soil is dry enough for next drink.

Jwhat201

First thing to do: 1) flush slowly and long and 2) feed the plants low concentration of high P/K solution and 3) don't water again until the top of the soil is dry.

Issues:

- Promix, Miracle Grow

The best thing is to start with cannabis specific medium and nutrients.

Canna Coco: Canna Coco coir, Canna A+B (2 bottles), Rhizotonic, Bioboost.

That's the entire line. Other brands that are good: Plagron, Biobest.

- Feeding for fertilized soil

The priority for small plants is to grow roots and have balanced development. That means higher P and some K content, and much lower nutrient concentrations.

For instance, if you have a late flowering food with high P/K (PK 13-14, Green Sensation, B'Cuzz), use 150 PPM or 0.3 EC max. I also add 0.1 EC/50 PPM of epsom salt for extra magnesium and healthy foliage.

Higher P is only to stimulate root growth so the roots grow into the fertilized soil. Raising the P/K also makes the fertilized soil milder, because it lowers nitrogen content.

Water/feed slowly for maximum absorbtion. Then, just as importantly, don't water/feed again until the top of the soil is dry in the morning before the lights go on. Don't worry about the low nutrient concentrations, these increase as the soil dries.

- pH and EC meters

You will need both really, to have control of what you're feeding the plant. And know what the runoff is, in case of problems.
Thank you for all the tips! **(Promix HP)** is basically inept that's why I transplanted I'm getting away from MG . Promix HP is praised my many cannabis growers I can't find a bad review. Maybe you'll like it

Jwhat201

I think the issue comes from allowing the soil to dry out too much and the over kill light will then dehydrate the plant tissue.

There’s no need to flush anything; you don’t have bad nute burns or anything like that. Flushing is when you need to rinse stuff out off the medium but i don’t think you need to flush out anything.
..esp. if you’re up potting, it’s not wise to water them too much or flush when a small plant has just been repotted to a larger container cause the roots might not like too wet conditions, so it’s better to take it easy till the plant has had time to grow a better root system in the larger container.

One trick to estimate how much moisture there is in the medium is by lifting the pot up and feeling the weight/moisture content by your hands. Try the get a feel how much the pot weighs when you have just watered them vs. when the soil is dry enough for next drink.
Much appreciated man! Yea I think I have been watering a bit wrong, Ill be taking your advice. I let it dry good but I've always only watered until the top of the medium was wet . which did have the promix hp drying out in like a day some days so maybe it has been too dry at times. Def got to fix my watering habits. Last time I grew a set and watered to almost run off so I'm learning :).

Last edited:

Jwhat201

Thanks so much guys :). I feel the need and will update yall pretty soon with some pics. Looks like the early transplant saved one! The other poor girl has been having a rough time not much left to her but maybe just maybe the calmag and better watering habits (finally stopped chickening out im doing it to run off now) might save her
:pray:
Ive named her Trooper

troutman

Seed Whore
Also, if you can get an hydrometer so you can monitor the humidity.
I find plants grow slowly or stress out when the humidity is way off.
Learn about VPD. Here's 2 threads of the many online that talk about it.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
One of the most common mistakes people make when growing all plants in containers is planting the plant too deep in the container. Even in professional nurseries, most plants are usually planted too deep for convenience. I'm talking about woody stem and not herbaceous stem plants. I have learned that if I plant a veg plant too deep in the soil it can slow down growth and come back and bite me on the ass with mold. . The plant's root flair exposure will help transpiration between the water and gas exchange in the roots zone when the plant is planted correctly. 😎

1654756372971.png

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When a couple of inches of soil is stacked on top of the root flair "spread" the plant roots will have a hard time getting oxygen exchange. Raising the plants high in the flowering pots can help with this problem. Mold and disease will attack weak plants that are planted too deep in the soil. 😎

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Learn to judge the weight of your pots by hand, when they are fully wet.. and when they are nearly dry. You will get used to this and know better if your plants need watering or are fully watered. (if it still feels light after a good watering then some of the soil has probably dried out too much and needs re-wetting by leaving the pot to soak in a tray of water for an hour or two.
Also, don;t put soil on top of established plants in pots, fill them up properly in the first place when you pot up the plant. as mentioned dont bury the rootball any deeper than it was already.
you will get better at judging if your plants need water.

remember old growth will often not look better... look to the new growth to see if the plant is happy now.

VG

Jwhat201

Also, if you can get an hydrometer so you can monitor the humidity.
I find plants grow slowly or stress out when the humidity is way off.
Learn about VPD. Here's 2 threads of the many online that talk about it.

Thanks. I already have a hygrometer.

Jwhat201

When a couple of inches of soil is stacked on top of the root flair "spread" the plant roots will have a hard time getting oxygen exchange. Raising the plants high in the flowering pots can help with this problem. Mold and disease will attack weak plants that are planted too deep in the soil. 😎
Thanks man. Also not good to have a long ass stem tho thatll cause weak plants too which was my reason for burying the stem a little bit. They stretched early on.

Last edited: