What's new

4th Attempt 4 forums later I still dont know what to do please help times ticking :(

Jwhat201

Hope they're saveable thanks in advance for any help. I'm providing a ton of info in my original post so please read it all, kinda need a solution asap time is getting short they're gonna need either water or flush or a feeding and/or some calmag soon. Which would you try first?

I been told on other forum websites that it is calcium deficiency, nutrient burn, nitrogen toxicity, and after googling calcium deficiency I'm thinking myself it might actually be potassium toxicity blocking calcium. These people refused to elaborate after I said that, maybe it offended them lol but yea so I'm still kinda lost on what to do.

Yellowing discoloration maybe rusting on two of my biggest girls . The oldest one with the biggest new tops is in MG potting soil. Started feeding her at full strength 2 weeks dose of FF trio when I first noticed the bottom leaves tips yellowing and cytoclydons lost their colour. She was 18 days old

The younger one with the smaller new tops is kinda having similar symptons it looks like. I fed her with 2 weeks strength yesterday or the day before. she was 12 or 13 days old. Her discoloration started sooner. From the bottom as well. And she was started in miracle grow but has been transplanted into Promix HP.

Side note this one has lots of roots coming through the drain hole right now, whereas the bigger and older one in only Miracle Gro soil I can't see any roots under that one.

also have two more girls in same tent. Smaller. But prettier, leaves are green. They've both been fed too just once as well. Smaller one at quarter strength when her first leaves were yellowing. seems to have fixed her tho they might have even gained back some of their green. and the bigger one at full strength.

The light that is closer in the pics is cause its 600w, the one that's further is 1000W.

Haven't been PH ing just because the tapwater in my town has always worked ok before and so I don't even have a ph meter or anything because I've never saw a need. Also I probably can't get one right now my budget has run out so I hope it isn't ph issues lol. But if it was a ph problem wouldn't all my plants be having it and not just 2 out of the 4?

RH usually stays between 40 and 60 right now. Tries to keep it between 50 and 60 though. kept it 65 to 70 when they were younger. it only goes down to 40 overnight sometimes when my hanging towels dry out. Also I sometimes let it go down just to help the frigging MG dry out.

And temps were 23 to 30 usually 28ish. Lately I brought it down I have a fan in there and Its usually 25 to 28ish. Celsius sorry idk Fahrenheit.

If there's any little pests they're very sneaky and still because I been looking very closely

Also the plan was to feed then water then feed then water .

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll attach some pics. If I left anything out please ask

I'm a bit of a worried parent here today as I see the discoloration slowly spreading, and I haven't really gotten the same answer from more than one grower yet haha.

Starting to lose hope of finding the help I need starting to feel like giving up and just winging whatever I think is the best plan.

attaching pics of them in their starter pots and current photos showing the deficiency or whatever it is.

20220518_100417.jpg

The one in the big pot here is my oldest girl she's still in that pot and the only one still in straight MG.
20220518_100509.jpg

currently:
IMG_165366629032F.jpg

IMG_165366627178F.jpg

IMG_165366632632F.jpg

IMG_165366640632F.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and help if you can :)

goingrey

Small plants in pre-fertilized soil (or pre-fertilized soilless mix) don't need any additional, let alone full strength, nutrients. They also don't need 1600W worth of light (probably that is "HPS equivalent" LED "wattage" so really about 800W but still a lot). I think it's all too much for them, you are killing them with too much love.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
No need to fertilize new potting soil. Wait until the plants are about 4 weeks old. Also, don't overwater the containers or you will burn the plants. Too much water or overwatering will release the nutrients and burn the plants roots. Let the top of the soil dry before adding any more water. When you fertilize your plants just use a 1/3 of the manufactures recommendation. 😎

xet

Cold temps + chlorine

Tapwater?

Chlorine kills the good bacteria and fungus in your soil.

Whatever sickness is seen at the tip of your leaves is the result of the plant experiencing sabotage of the roots.

Lastly, lack of heat is causing transpiration issues.

goingrey

Cold temps + chlorine

Tapwater?

Whatever sickness is seen at the tip of your leaves is the result of the plant experiencing sabotage of the roots.

Probably not unless there is an issue with the thermometer. 23-30c (73-86f) is not too cold.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Too much light / bad kind of leds. And then some trouble with ph or the water you are giving them.

Three Berries

I get some like that. Two identical plants, soil, light. I have one now that is 10 days behind and I figure two weeks to fix it then flower no matter. Defiantly a root problem, pH is the same on both but this one never liked the last transplant. I can tell pushing in the moisture meter that there are not a lot of roots in the new soil on the outside unlike it's sister.

Jwhat201

Small plants in pre-fertilized soil (or pre-fertilized soilless mix) don't need any additional, let alone full strength, nutrients. They also don't need 1600W worth of light (probably that is "HPS equivalent" LED "wattage" so really about 800W but still a lot). I think it's all too much for them, you are killing them with too much love.
Thanks. Promix HP is basically inept by the way as i said in my op. And they aren't under 1600 one is under 1000 and the other under 600 at opposite ends of the tent

Jwhat201

Thanks. Promix HP is basically inept by the way as i said in my op. And they aren't under 1600 one is under 1000 and the other under 600 at opposite ends of the tent

No need to fertilize new potting soil. Wait until the plants are about 4 weeks old. Also, don't overwater the containers or you will burn the plants. Too much water or overwatering will release the nutrients and burn the plants roots. Let the top of the soil dry before adding any more water. When you fertilize your plants just use a 1/3 of the manufactures recommendation. 😎
Thanks. 4 weeks? I guess you're talking about the MG and not the promix HP. And I do let the soil dry my problem isn't overwatering

crimsonecho

Cold temps + chlorine

Tapwater?

i doubt tap water chlorine can do any noticable damage to soil web

Jwhat201

This is the one still in straight MG. Calmag? Im transplanting this one into Promix HP and her final home tonight a big pot. Needs to be done before I water again. I wanna flush too though. should I transplant and then water normally, then flush next time, or flush her with the transplant? Thx adding a pic I just took doesnt it look like calcium deficiency? i hope to get some of that tomorrow idk tho Its proving hard to find locally . i was gonna try some calmag after the transplant / flush

20220529_232418.jpg

20220529_232415.jpg

troutman

Seed Whore
Like it was mentioned above. Way too much light for small plants. I would also bring all the plants
together and only use 1 light for now. I hang moist towels and set a shallow tray of water in my tent
to raise the humidity. I like a minimum 60% when they are tiny. Transplant those 3 little ones as soon
as you can.

No matter what happens. Keep learning and each grow will be better.

Last edited:

Jwhat201

Like it was mentioned above. Way too much light for small plants. I would also bring all the plants
together and only use light for now. I hang moist towels and set a shallow tray of water in my tent
to raise the humidity. I like a minimum 60% when they are tiny. Transplant those 3 little ones as soon
as you can.

No matter what happens. Keep learning and each grow will be better.
Yep.. Live and learn the hard way I guess cause nobody's giving me the same advice.

Jwhat201

This is the one still in straight MG. Calmag? Im transplanting this one into Promix HP and her final home tonight a big pot. Needs to be done before I water again. I wanna flush too though. should I transplant and then water normally, then flush next time, or flush her with the transplant? Thx adding a pic I just took doesnt it look like calcium deficiency? i hope to get some of that tomorrow idk tho Its proving hard to find locally . i was gonna try some calmag after the transplant / flush

View attachment 18716660
View attachment 18716661
Hopefully someone can respond to me about whether this is a good plan or not cause its what im doing. Like right now. and tell me if this current pic looks like calcium deficiency. When I research nowhere describes the symptoms for too much light looking like my leaves.. Calmag on the other hand it looks like.
Thx.

Jwhat201

This is the one still in straight MG. Calmag? Im transplanting this one into Promix HP and her final home tonight a big pot. Needs to be done before I water again. I wanna flush too though. should I transplant and then water normally, then flush next time, or flush her with the transplant? Thx adding a pic I just took doesnt it look like calcium deficiency? i hope to get some of that tomorrow idk tho Its proving hard to find locally . i was gonna try some calmag after the transplant
View attachment 18716661
Hopefully someone can respond to me about whether this is a good plan or not and tell me if this current pic looks like calcium deficiency. When I research nowhere describes the symptoms for too much light looking like my leaves.. Calmag on the other hand it looks like.

Fading tops is caused normally by too much light.

Raising the light 6 inches or so while the plants recover will help.
Fading tops? what? And look how far away the back light is. and the other one is only 600W (not actual)

Jwhat201

You're all ignoring my pleas so I'm just gonna go ahead and go with my plan even though I have no idea whether to flush with a transplant or water normally and flush next. I'll pick straws or something I guess lol. I don't think raising the lights will fix my deficiency which Is progressing down the bottom leaves and raising up the plant. thanks for your opinions all

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I would focus on your new growth because once a plant starts to utilize the leaf it's not going to look any better.

I will agree with the assessment of calcium or magnesium but not necessarily a deficiency. It could just be an imbalance due to pH. It could be because of your mix being too dry causing salt toxicity.

Whatever you do don't get carried away with overkill is my best advice.

Latest posts

Latest posts