What's new

317g Trim to Oil Test

MrWeekend

few pics of the process

Filter bags loaded with trim

picture.php

Ready for the solvent......2 gals per bag works good...Pour as fast as you can making sure to get everything wet........then use it over & over on other bags.

picture.php

Liquid Gold!
picture.php

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
***Please Remember, all SOLVENTS ARE EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE!. even the vapors!***

A correct purge of all solvents is HIGHLY recommended

#1 - Acetone - 33g
#2 - Denatured Alc - 22g
#3 - 91% ISO - 16g
#4 - Butane - 5.5g

1, 2, 3 smoke almost identical, & are the same dark amber color.....1 & 3 are less tacky than #2....#1 has the best smell out of all 4.

4, looks & taste the best, but yielded horrible.

In my book, acetone is the way to go.

i havent seen anyone around socal make a good alcohol extract, iso or acetone etc. everyone leave solvents in it, and they smell terrible, look all black/brown.

your bho run looked good though, very dark, mine usualy doesnt get that dark unless its and inch thick......even then....
good work none the less

nice how are you purging the acetone ?? also try and make anhydrous acetone just bake epsom salt at 400 degrees f. for 2 hrs and add to 1liter acetone about 24 hrs later salts sink and acetone is ready

MrWeekend

nice how are you purging the acetone ?? also try and make anhydrous acetone just bake epsom salt at 400 degrees f. for 2 hrs and add to 1liter acetone about 24 hrs later salts sink and acetone is ready

double boil untill there is no bubbles. will post some pics when I purge this batch, which should be tomorrow.

osirica420

lab grade acetone and home depot acetone is a HUGE difference....

if you use used lab grade acetone it would of come out more like the BHO and still yielded very nice.....

Ms_Weekend

lab grade acetone and home depot acetone is a HUGE difference....

if you use used lab grade acetone it would of come out more like the BHO and still yielded very nice.....

There is nothing wrong with HD acetone.......if you are that worried about the tiny amount of water in it you can add salt like nachohiipy said above........klean strip evaps 100% with no residue & cost 1/4 what you can find at any lab supply.....If I was to use lab grade it would make the final price out of reach for most patients.

Ill post some pics of this batch, which will be alot better on the eyes.......the first batches I did was almost 100% purple trim, which made the hash alittle darker than normal....this new run was all green......& with that being said everyone should be warned that batches can vary widely on the ratio of sweet leaf/fans/stems/color of trim.

MrWeekend

Woops, just realized I was posting under the old ladies name...haha

Here are some pics BEFORE the purge...I let it evap with a fan across it untill I cant smell acetone anymore.......this is how it will look without being stirred.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P

Puddin'tane

Mad respect for your skills MrWeekend! I have yet to try the acetone tech, but will do further research after seeing your results.

Nickog

Can you explaine what this is and why one would do this step?

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
anhydrous - no water

why would one do this?

so as to eliminate any water in the solvent, which would pull out water soluble compounds from the material being washed.

MrWeekend

Thanks papulz.

& to add to that.......THC is not water soluble, so the water in it only pulls the nasties.

I personally dont think its worth doing, but if you want the purest product possible that would be the way to do it.

MrWeekend

Double Boiling off the solvent

picture.php

Really close to being purged. I have other plans for this oil so its coming off the heat now.....keep double boiling untill all bubbles are gone for a fully purged product.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Whipped a bit

picture.php

ZEROorDIE

im no expert but i would assume this would work for at least ISO alcohol. salt doesnt dissolve in the alcohol

all the baking does it dry the salts and help to open the pores i believe

so the dried salts should soak up plenty of the H2O in the iso

idk this just what seems logical to me

dope_roor

great info! love the yield #s, good to know

how did you perform your butane extraction? pressurized extraction (i.e. tube) or did you soak as well?

Nickog

I copied what you did and got a dark red oil like your photos. How do you store it? Do you put it in a bottle? It is so thick and sticky! What was the yield? Did you weigh the trim and the final result? Did you do a second wash? What was the yield? How was the 2nd wash compared to the first? Did you do a third? Assuming you did a 2nd and a 3rd wash, what was the wait time between washes? Did they dry out or did you freeze them? What did you do with the trim after you were done with the washes?

Latest posts

Latest posts