What's new

16 kW x coco

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambam

Also, on the A/C issue, would I be correct in my understanding that an outdoor package ac unit (without indoor air handler) would be sucking its air from the outdoors and so air quality (as far as particulates, spores, etc) would be more difficult to control?

M

micro gro

Saving few weeks is exactly the reason. Not to mention yield. That same few weeks could be spent flowering, turning out 5-6 crops per year instead of 3 with the same amount of resources spent. You do the math... 150-180 Lbs a year, or 80-85 Lbs a year using more electricity?

D

DjRightHooks

Organic O, I'm ashamed to say it but yes I've messed and dabbled with Advanced Nutrients in the past... especially towards the beginning of my growing adventures, when I was extra susceptible to such marketing tactics and ploys.

A men brotha....good to see the GH rocken hard in your rooms..

Organic O

I hear you! I making that change soon. Will test it out, it seems like many other people use it so why not try it out. Besides I've got all those free samples that came w the water farm units.
I started my very first thread on that subject

M

micro gro

Organic O, sure everyone has their preference. However the observations I've made is that a large percentage of "loyal" AN customers who will swear by their "program" don't know exactly why they swear by it. (Except for maybe the occasional product technical informational blurbs that almost looks like it's been pasted from their website.)

You will also likely find that many don't have much/any experience with much else but AN products. This isn't meant to disrespect or otherwise discredit AN users, but sometimes there are strong trends which is what creates stereotypes. If you're relatively new and trying AN, don't be tied to it just because you get "good enough" results buying into an extremely expensive program involving a large number of (semi-)snake-oil bottles.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't need all that highly marketed, hyped up BS. Sure certain products help / are useful, that's not what I'm disputing or doubting. I doubt the unnecessary complexity and marketing involved to sell to the undereducated grower more products than needed (at as high a price as possible) when equal or better performing alternatives can be had for much less cost and headaches.

To me that's like smashing rocks together and being proud that you've made fire. I just flick a Bic. Just my :2cents:; a long one, at that.

I'll try to follow your thread... with an open mind.

DjRightHooks, thanks. I'm always willing to try new things but this is what seems to work best in terms of performance, simplicity, and cost.

If any of you viewers represent nute companies / distributors / wholesalers feel that you have a superior product and are interested in having your products run in a fair side-by-side trial on these open forums, I'm sure we can arrange something. I'll also be at the SF Indoor Garden Expo this month.

M

micro gro

Now that I'm done with that :rant:, here's some updates.

Haven't been terribly happy with the Santa Fe Classic, so back to experimenting with multiple portable 70 pint's. Two Kenmore Elite 70 pint units... pretty neat, features things such as remote thermo/humidistat and built-in condensate removal pump. With a few hours of testing the results aren't completely conclusive, but the humidifying performance is close. The Santa Fe draws only ~7A total, while each of the two Kenmore's draws ~7A. (Two Kenmore's put out more heat than one Santa Fe, by far.) A $1300/~7A vs $600/~15A+extra heat decision.

Scrubber for room #2:

24VAC transformer to be connected to Sentinel CHHC-1's cooling outlet, powering a motorized damper.

Plant material:

Duct boot, 14" round to rectangle:

M

micro gro

Holy shit. Throwing some relays (and adding another) took about 4 hours longer than planned.

Before & after:

Securityfirst

Yoyr PVC pipe structure

Yoyr PVC pipe structure

Hey Micro, what up?

If you were running a 50 % indica and 50% Sativa how high up would you make your pvc pipe structure within the tray? Do you just hold the trellis with zipties? And also I think that earlier in the thread you mentioned that you only prune once 7 to 14 days in depending on strain?:joint:

D

DjRightHooks

great work with the electrical ..how many amps is the service..if u already listed im am truly sorry

M

micro gro

Securityfirst, obviously depends on strain (stretch), veg time, room and of course your preference. Right now the trellis is held on by hooks, but in hindsight zip ties would have worked better. Yes, usually one major trim, and a follow up to get any that were missed or don't catch up.

DjRightHooks, 125A.

M

micro gro

Air handler ducted to dampers. Insulated with Reflectix inside, R6 flexible insulated outside. Guess I'm gonna climb up and wire up the dampers to the Sentinel CHHC-1.

Romalin

ballistic grow man. not sure if you addressed this earlier, theres a lot of posts to go through. why no air cooled hoods? is it cheaper to run the bigger ac? and did you have prior electric experience or was this all a learning process? love to see some diagramming of your power box.

Haven't been terribly happy with the Santa Fe Classic
Whats up with that? I was under the impression that sante fes' were the best of the best?
Why are you switching to the kenmores for more heat and power draw?

asher1er

Veteran
do i see rocks in them bags? what have you gained/prevented with this? im currently messin with the same thing also trying perlite due to fungus gnats

M

micro gro

Romalin, experimenting with the concept that the cost of running a bigger A/C is justified / offset by removing the hassle and the amount of light lost from using air-cooled lights.

I didn't have any electrical experience prior to growing weed. Folks like cocktail frank and PharmaCan might remember answering some very basic questions not too long ago. Or not.

smurfin'herb, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen the Ebac units along with Santa Fe, Ebac, Phoenix, Hi-E, and the Santa Fe Classic seemed to be the best buy based on $:pPD ratio on the capacity that I expected to need. Seems I was a little short on the dehumidifying capacity estimate.

So far with further testing (adjusting intake location / fans, etc) it seems that a single Santa Fe Classic (rated @ 100ppd @ AHAM, 180ppd @ saturation) outperforms two Kenmore Elite 70ppd's (I think the rating is @ saturation, not AHAM)... but not 100% positive yet. The next unit will probably be a Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT (150ppd @ AHAM) for a similarly sized application to replace the Classic. Two of these Max Dry Dual XT's will cost less than half of the Ebac CD425P.

PonicallyMade, if I haven't answered your question by now please re-phrase and be more specific.

stoned teacher, thanks.

asher1er, yeah Hydroton on top, experimenting (for the second time) using it as a mulch layer in an attempt to lower RH. So far somewhat mixed feelings, but I do feel it helps enough to try it again. Fungus gnats are real easy to take care of, especially in a sealed room, with BTi products. I don't think perlite on top will help you.

D

Deaner

Simply amazing.. It even makes me nervous. You are a god in your own right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts